Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    If your position is obvious "common knowledge", why are you having such a hard time backing it up beyond repeatedly referencing hearsay? Rofl.
    Because I find it funny watching you going full revisionism mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    I never said he needed a certificate in History. I said that during his process to become a teacher, he studied politics and history of the USA.
    And in France, that is what you study to become a certified teacher. But again, we have higher standards.
    You know your post history's, like, right there, right?

You absolutely said exactly that.

And he spend a year teaching French to American students in Wisconsin.
    Wait, was this friend teaching English in France, or was he French teaching English in Wisconsin?

Are you confusing the immigration test with teacher certifications, or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I find it funny watching you going full revisionism mode.
    Okay, so you're just trolling then. Rofl.

You've been provided multiple scholarly sources supporting our positions which you've not addressed, while refusing to provide any sources of your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You know your post history's, like, right there, right?

You absolutely said exactly that.

Wait, was this friend teaching English in France, or was he French teaching English in Wisconsin?

Are you confusing the immigration test with teacher certifications, or something?
    By certified, I meant State teacher, certified by the state. Guess that's called language barrier.

10+ Year Old Account
    By certified, I meant State teacher, certified by the state. Guess that's called language barrier.
    And I'm telling you no certification process for teaching English, or any language for that matter, in any country that I am aware of, requires you to have a degree in language-relevant History.

That was your original claim. Which you have colossally failed to back up.

Okay, so you're just trolling then. Rofl.

You've been provided multiple scholarly sources supporting our positions which you've not addressed, while refusing to provide any sources of your own.
    You did not provided scholarly sources, rather opinion sources. Which have been debunked by some others links that was posted afterwards (which you conveniently forgot).

10+ Year Old Account
    And I'm telling you no certification process for teaching English, or any language for that matter, in any country that I am aware of, requires you to have a degree in language-relevant History.

That was your original claim. Which you have colossally failed to back up.
    > "France has higher standards."
    > "He studied the history of the English language which makes him an authoritative source on the history of American constitutional law."

I do love self-owns.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    You did not provided scholarly sources, rather opinion sources. Which have been debunked by some others links that was posted afterwards (which you conveniently forgot).
    You've provided zero sources whatsoever. You're just making shit up as you go.

There isn't a lot of "scholarly sources" for a thing that's not true. Just like you'd be hard-pressed to find a lot of scholarly sources arguing that bigfoot isn't real. The assumption is that a thing is not true until/unless you can provide evidence and reasoning to back up that claim. The absence of evidence for a random claim is not a subject you'd write a scholarly opinion on, other than as a direct refutation of someone else who'd made such a claim without any basis themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    You did not provided scholarly sources
    Fairly sure that a fully cited essay written by an accredited historian and published under the Chicago-Kent Law Review is in fact a scholarly source, habibi.

The Chicago-Kent Law Review began as the “Chicago Kent Review” in 1923. By the 1930s, the journal had adopted its current name and began publishing scholarly articles by law professors and practitioners.

10+ Year Old Account
    > "France has higher standards."
    > "He studied the history of the English language which makes him an authoritative source on the history of American constitutional law."

I do love self-owns.
    Also, apparently he teaches in Wisconsin?

https://dpi.wi.gov/licensing/pathway...nsure/teachers

No pathway to a teaching license requires a bachelor's degree in History, specifically, for language teaching. The one that does require field proficiency is the third, which only licenses you for that subject, and in the case of English, that'd mean a degree in English, not History.

Not saying his friend's imaginary, just that he could've had a degree in Mathematics or Computer Science and gotten the licensing to teach English in Wisconsin by the same route he did with a History degree.

10+ Year Old Account

No pathway to a teaching license requires a bachelor's degree in History, specifically, for language teaching. The one that does require field proficiency is the third, which only licenses you for that subject, and in the case of English, that'd mean a degree in English, not History.

Not saying his friend's imaginary, just that he could've had a degree in Mathematics or Computer Science and gotten the licensing to teach English in Wisconsin by the same route he did with a History degree.
    It's like arguing with Lionel Hutz.

POV you are watching SCOTUS invent an individual right to bear arms in 2008.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2022-06-26 at 06:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Come on now it wasn't his friend, it was his totally not imaginary brother.

My bad, I just asked him. It was in Decorah, Iowa. He stayed there one year as a French student, teaching French to american students.

10+ Year Old Account
    My bad, I just asked him. It was in Decorah, Iowa. He stayed there one year as a French student, teaching French to american students.
    https://www.teachercertificationdegr...%20be%20taught.

If you're teaching K-12, you need a bachelor's degree, but you wouldn't need a History degree specifically to teach French.

Also, your claim that you'd want to know the history of the language really doesn't explain why your friend would know anything about the USA's history, since any such history would've been French history.

Also, was he even a certified teacher? Or was he tutoring or some other non-K-12 program? Because those practices are wildly different and require less of a process, and I doubt you'd go through all the rigamarole to get a teaching degree and then only teach for a year.

You've now changed literally every single element to this story. And you wonder why nobody will take you at your word.

https://www.teachercertificationdegr...%20be%20taught.

If you're teaching K-12, you need a bachelor's degree, but you wouldn't need a History degree specifically to teach French.

Also, your claim that you'd want to know the history of the language really doesn't explain why your friend would know anything about the USA's history, since any such history would've been French history.

Also, was he even a certified teacher? Or was he tutoring or some other non-K-12 program? Because those practices are wildly different and require less of a process, and I doubt you'd go through all the rigamarole to get a teaching degree and then only teach for a year.

You've now changed literally every single element to this story. And you wonder why nobody will take you at your word.
    Not my friend, my brother. And he was able to get a job there due to some kind of partnership between Decorah university and his university.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is looking like a bad episode of Pawn Stars....

I don't know about American History but let me call my brother who teaches French.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    This is looking like a bad episode of Pawn Stars....

I don't know about American History but let me call my brother who teaches French.
    You either lack reading comprehension or did not read the whole conversation (and thus should refrain from posting until you do so, unless you want to embarass yourself).

10+ Year Old Account
    Not my friend, my brother. And he was able to get a job there due to some kind of partnership between Decorah university and his university.
    So teaching at a university, and thus not certified at all.

You keep changing the story, and at this point, it's completely lost any trace of relevance.

So teaching at a university, and thus not certified at all.

You keep changing the story, and at this point, it's completely lost any trace of relevance.
    No, I did not. I said, he was studying in France to become a certified (as in state certified teacher) teacher, and during his studies, went 1 year to teach French in Decorah due to partnership between university.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I did not. I said, he was studying in France to become a certified (as in state certified teacher) teacher, and during his studies, went 1 year to teach French in Decorah due to partnership between university.
    You also claimed he needed a degree in History to teach French, and specifically American history. Which was false, in all three different locations you've now claimed he was seeking to be certified in. While admitting he never actually taught as a certified teacher, in the first place.

You keep making shit up and having to correct yourself. If that's true of your story about your own brother, why would we ever take your word as to what you claim is "common knowledge"? That's how this all started. You've managed to completely discredit yourself, all by your own inconsistency.