Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Serpent View Post
    If you're trying to tell people that they shouldn't be in fear for their life when someone is breaking into their home, you're the one that needs to spend some quality time with a psychiatrist, not the person that wants to buy a gun "just in case."
    Maybe Americans should stop being so protective of their 'things' that they feel like the need to defend their 'things' with their lives, in most of the world 'things' aren't worshiped like in the US. I mean they are just 'things' you can usually just get new ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diller View Post
    Maybe Americans should stop being so protective of their 'things' that they feel like the need to defend their 'things' with their lives, in most of the world 'things' aren't worshiped like in the US. I mean they are just 'things' you can usually just get new ones.
    Nah this is America. Where our things are more important than healthcare, education, and the lives of everyone who isn't just like us. Americans just love waving around that 90 inch TV that they will defend with their lives but won't go to the doctor to get that weird lump checked out.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

No one is really talking about it, but I'm actually kind of curious what sort of legal repercussions this 6 year old could face for shooting their teacher. Sure, he's a kid, but it was no accident and seemed to have shot her quite purposefully, which should in no way be allowed to slide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    No one is really talking about it, but I'm actually kind of curious what sort of legal repercussions this 6 year old could face for shooting their teacher. Sure, he's a kid, but it was no accident and seemed to have shot her quite purposefully, which should in no way be allowed to slide.
    I'd imagine the consequences are more "investigate the fuck out of the parents, potentially charge them with accessory to first degree murder and child endangerment and whatever else you can throw at them, and put this kid into the foster system after having a child therapist give them a really concrete check-over."

At 6 years' old, it's hard to assign direct blame to the child. The parents should be absolutely fucked, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    None, the kid is 6, there is no shot of any type of punishments besides probably having to go to a different school and possibly living with different guardians as I can only imagine the parents will get some type of charge for a laundry list of things that they can be charged with.

A good toddler with a gun could have stopped this from happening.

while i use to support gun control, if you pay attention to the right online they already have all of the guns and fantasize about going on a murderous rampage of liberals ( some of them act on that, quite often) but they are all awating orders from someone like trump to act, and when that happens what will pro gun control liberals have to defend themselves? the police? the police will actively take the rights side, look how alot of them acted in j6 and during the brazil jan 6. gun control maybe would of helped 10 years ago but libs gotta embrace self defence too in my opinion

With the investigation ongoing, police have declined to provide further details on what happened in the classroom or what may have led to the incident. Drew said the boy’s mother has been interviewed by police, but it is unclear whether she could potentially face any charges.

Gun owners can be prosecuted under a Virginia law that prohibits anyone from recklessly leaving a loaded, unsecured gun in a manner that endangers the life or limb of children under 14. A violation of that law is a misdemeanor, punishable by a maximum jail sentence of one year and a maximum fine of $2,500.

To be tried as an adult in Virginia, a juvenile must be at least 14. A 6-year-old is also too young to be committed to the custody of the Department of Juvenile Justice if found guilty. A common law doctrine known as the “infancy defense” holds that children under 7 cannot be prosecuted for a crime because they are so young that they are incapable of forming criminal intent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    while i use to support gun control, if you pay attention to the right online they already have all of the guns and fantasize about going on a murderous rampage of liberals ( some of them act on that, quite often) but they are all awating orders from someone like trump to act, and when that happens what will pro gun control liberals have to defend themselves? the police? the police will actively take the rights side, look how alot of them acted in j6 and during the brazil jan 6. gun control maybe would of helped 10 years ago but libs gotta embrace self defence too in my opinion
    That's one way to go about it. I think at the same time it's important to take guns away from people like that.

Props to the teacher though. Took a bullet through the hand and into her chest and still managed to get all the other students out of the classroom while another teacher "restrained" the 6 year old.

Meanwhile, the school is obviously discussing how they never considered the need to have protections and protocols to deal with an armed 6 year old who may have shot their teacher because the teacher confiscated their phone last week.

Because these are protocols that are normal and that a developed first world nation should need at their public schools. Totally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    I think you're giving way too much deference to our domestic terrorists, tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just arm all 6-years olds. They could've stopped this. No wait, start at kindergarten.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Just arm all 6-years olds. They could've stopped this. No wait, start at kindergarten.

Just make sure the bunny is looking at the bad guy! Or your teacher who took your phone! Or someone that called you a doodyhead!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    [IMG]https://pyxis.nymag.com/v1/imgs/bae/613/6b5cd1196a4a76612a480155f8a0c3e3bf-16-who-is-america-kinderguardians.rsocial.w1200.jpg[IMG]

Just make sure the bunny is looking at the bad guy! Or your teacher who took your phone! Or someone that called you a doodyhead!
    All of this just reminds me of the Family Guy sketch on gun safety for kids.

"If you squeeze me I make bad people go away!"

the good guy with a gun argument doesnt work because there are no good Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    the good guy with a gun argument doesnt work because there are no good Americans.
    Hey now, the teacher was a good guy (gal). Just without a gun.

Curious, innit?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/customer-f...ry?id=96294463

Speaking of, I'm still keeping a loose eye on that TX shooting where a robber with a fake gun was stopped and then assassinated by a patron, who returned the money and then fled. He's since turned himself in for questioning.

Hey, the first shots to disable the apparent threat are fine enough. It's the whole walking up to the guy after he's on the ground, clearly disabled and no longer a threat, and putting another round into him that's...you know...like...psychopath shit? People watch too many action movies and forget real life isn't Hollywood.

snip
    i hate to break it to you but all americans are devils destined for the maw

whoever said the gun debate was over after sandy hook was right, it will just get more absurd.

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    Hey now, the teacher was a good guy (gal). Just without a gun.

Curious, innit?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/customer-f...ry?id=96294463

Speaking of, I'm still keeping a loose eye on that TX shooting where a robber with a fake gun was stopped and then assassinated by a patron, who returned the money and then fled. He's since turned himself in for questioning.

Hey, the first shots to disable the apparent threat are fine enough. It's the whole walking up to the guy after he's on the ground, clearly disabled and no longer a threat, and putting another round into him that's...you know...like...psychopath shit? People watch too many action movies and forget real life isn't Hollywood.
    Take his guns away. It's pretty simple. He committed a crime here - you do not fucking "finish off" people, that is not what your concealed weapon is for. Do what's needed to end the threat and then begin first aid on them while waiting for emergency services to arrive.

I don't know if this guy belongs in prison. I don't know if prison would be useful or beneficial here. But he should be convicted of some sort of crime that prohibits him from owning guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'd imagine the consequences are more "investigate the fuck out of the parents, potentially charge them with accessory to first degree murder and child endangerment and whatever else you can throw at them, and put this kid into the foster system after having a child therapist give them a really concrete check-over."

At 6 years' old, it's hard to assign direct blame to the child. The parents should be absolutely fucked, though.
    This I 100% agree with this No excuse for this, that should include any crime committed with someone else’s registered gun.

I also support technology that makes guns only usable by the authorized owner.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    This I 100% agree with this No excuse for this, that should include any crime committed with someone else’s registered gun.

I also support technology that makes guns only usable by the authorized owner.
    If it's a crime to have someone steal your gun and use it in a crime, then it should also be a crime if someone is driving your car and kills someone, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Serpent View Post
    If it's a crime to have someone steal your gun and use it in a crime, then it should also be a crime if someone is driving your car and kills someone, too.
    I mean, if you leave your vehicle accessible to your toddler and your toddler manages to start that sucker up and drive over someone, I do believe you as the parent would be liable (financially and legally).

Not to mention the "cars and guns are totes comparable in their uses!" argument being pretty fucking terrible in general.