Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Who's a slave?

I don't have a gun at my home right now, am I a slave? Because last I checked I can freely go where I like and do what I want.
    "If I can't have a gun I am literally someone else's disposable property. Now excuse me while I go and vote for the guy trying to legalise kidnapping children from out of state."
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who's a slave?

I don't have a gun at my home right now, am I a slave? Because last I checked I can freely go where I like and do what I want.
    You aren't free to go anywhere you want.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatBlast View Post
    What the fuck does this even mean? How do you back up a discussion with "action and discipline"? Can you post coherently please?
    Claiming to vote for dipshit politicians that take dark money from gun advocacy groups is "action and discipline", apparently.

See my previous post about slacktivism.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    You aren't free to go anywhere you want.
    Where can't I go that I would actually want to go?

We're starting to get a bit off-topic here, but I'm confused why you think I'm some sort of slave for not having a firearm in my home?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    No you don't. You said yourself that you're willing to keep them in an unsafe environment so long as it enables you to vote for things which don't actually make them safer.

I honestly can't imagine placing such low value on the lives of my loved ones. You hate to see it.
    Yeah you can't understand and I don't expect you to. Slavery isn't safer. It's just a different kind of violence, one that breeds dependency and empower victims rather than people capable and willing to act and thing for themselves. Tuck tail and run when one can actually fight for ones beliefs and ideas. Is what it sounds like to me.

And I can't believe anyone loves their family that would allow them to become slaves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where can't I go that I would actually want to go?

We're starting to get a bit off-topic here, but I'm confused why you think I'm some sort of slave for not having a firearm in my home?
    I guess you can't force yourself into someone else's property without a gun, and that's the lack of freedom you have, or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Claiming to vote for dipshit politicians that take dark money from gun advocacy groups is "action and discipline", apparently.

See my previous post about slacktivism.
    No slacktivism is when you try to silence people you disagree with with dog piling and dishonest conversations about issues one is actually not DOING anything about. Say what you want but DeSantis and Trump supporters are mostly all supporters of the 2A and willing to fight for it legislatively and unify.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you can't understand and I don't expect you to. Slavery isn't safer. It's just a different kind of violence, one that breeds dependency and empower victims rather than people capable and willing to act and thing for themselves.
    So... Exactly what you're doing when you advocate for more and harsher law enforcement? Fucking lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... Exactly what you're doing when you advocate for more and harsher law enforcement? Fucking lol.
    Yep people should have the right to walk home alone safely, they should be able to defend their families and properties from anyone breaking in. Yes I support that over anyone saying well since it isn't their problem that right should be denied to others.

10+ Year Old Account
    I walk home alone safely, I also can defend my home, property and family, all without a firearm. You can do everything you suggested here, and safer too, without a firearm. You can come out and say it makes you feel like a big boy to have a gun, you don't need to disguise it with shit that isn't actually connected to firearm ownership.
    I don't agree, and people ought to have the right to own a fire arm to protect themselves, hunt, target shoot, or simply because they want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep people should have the right to walk home alone safely, they should be able to defend their families and properties from anyone breaking in. Yes I support that over anyone saying well since it isn't their problem that right should be denied to others.
    Claiming to oppose slavery while simultaneously supporting turning your country into a police state is a contradictory argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Claiming to oppose slavery while simultaneously supporting turning your country into a police state is a contradictory argument.
    I don't see putting criminals in prison and enforcing the law as slavery. In fact it would give me more of a reason not to believe fire arms are as necessary as I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see putting criminals in prison and enforcing the law as slavery.
    You say this, but I'm old enough to remember when I didn't have to take my shoes off or have my junk groped in order to board an airplane.

10+ Year Old Account
    You say this, but I'm old enough to remember when I didn't have to take my shoes off or have my junk groped in order to board an airplane.
    I am old enough too and Kind of a good point, although I think that has more to international terrorism more than anything to do with Gun Control specifically.

I'm gonna take a minute to complain about how it was literally just one fuckin time and it didn't even work and like two decades later we're still doing that shit. I hate it when someone in front of you has some stank ass feet and shit, or goes without socks and clearly hasn't done as much as clipped their toenails in the better part of 3 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    No slacktivism is when you try to silence people you disagree with with dog piling and dishonest conversations about issues one is actually not DOING anything about.
    No one is being "silenced". If you can't handle criticism, you're not interested in open discussion nor do you support freedom of speech; you're seeking to shut down other people's freedom of speech because you don't want them contradicting you all the time.

That's not about defending freedom. That's you being fascistic. That's what the whole bullshit against "cancel culture" is; nascent fascism, an attempt to shut down speech that's critical of you and your ideas.

You also have absolutely fuck-all idea of what anyone here's doing in their own jurisdictions, so you can stop projecting your own ideological lethargy onto everyone else, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of a good point, although I think that has more to international terrorism more than anything to do with Gun Control specifically.
    It's entirely relevant to your claim. Saying terrorists hate America for its freedom while supporting the post-9/11 surveillance state in order to catch said terrorists is the same argument as insisting that you oppose "slavery" while backing intrusive and draconian law enforcement in the name of "putting criminals in prison."

And in both cases it isn't actually about freedom, or even safety; it's about hurting the right people and flattering your ego.

10+ Year Old Account
    The US already has one of the highest incarceration rates in the world; it's a misnomer if you believe it'll be safer when the US puts MORE people into prison, since the US already is quite liberal at tossing people in there.

https://www.sentencingcouncil.vic.go...isonment-rates
    https://www.prisonstudies.org/highes...xonomy_tid=All

You make shit up and use it to justify a shitty world view.
    I mean, this is intentional at some level.

Incarcerate a lot of people and criminalize a lot of things and you keep crime rates up, which lets you justify feeding more money to the police in the name of "safety" even as those police become more and more militarized against the populace they were originally intended to protect, while keeping that same populace scared and willing to give up their freedom to the increasing authoritarianism because everything you say is fearmongering about crime over and over.

Choking off the working class forcing many to turn to crime as the only reasonable alternative they have is also feeding the same machine.

None of this is just a whopping big coincidence. It's intentional. Keep the citizenry stupid, poor, and scared shitless, and you can do anything you want in exploiting them for the benefit of those in power. With a strong jackbooted police force to act as personal security writ large for the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No one is being "silenced". If you can't handle criticism, you're not interested in open discussion nor do you support freedom of speech; you're seeking to shut down other people's freedom of speech because you don't want them contradicting you all the time.

That's not about defending freedom. That's you being fascistic. That's what the whole bullshit against "cancel culture" is; nascent fascism, an attempt to shut down speech that's critical of you and your ideas.

You also have absolutely fuck-all idea of what anyone here's doing in their own jurisdictions, so you can stop projecting your own ideological lethargy onto everyone else, thanks.
    Sure they are dog poling echo chambers, trying to bully and force anyone who disagrees to play a fucking game rather than drop an opinion alone or go into long fucking discussions about their reasons when they specifically decline.

Honestly this kind of shit is par for the course, but this open discourse bullshit you said, is doing the exact opposite of anything productive.

- - - Updated - - -

It's entirely relevant to your claim. Saying terrorists hate America for its freedom while supporting the post-9/11 surveillance state in order to catch said terrorists is the same argument as insisting that you oppose "slavery" while backing intrusive and draconian law enforcement in the name of "putting criminals in prison."

And in both cases it isn't actually about freedom, or even safety; it's about hurting the right people and flattering your ego.
    I don't agree, and while it is authoritarian, I am alright not disarming everyone and leaving EVERYONE with the right to be armed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure they are dog poling echo chambers, trying to bully and force anyone who disagrees to play a fucking game rather than drop an opinion alone or go into long fucking discussions about their reasons when they specifically decline.
    Criticism. You're whining about facing public criticism. That's it. That's your entire complaint. You don't think people calling you out is "okay", even though that's literally what freedom of speech is.