Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think in general talking about caliber of guns and prudent gun sense is a long way off. We already have gun grabbers generally mis identifying guns and details about them, because the majority of them look at say the AR-15 and automatically view it as scary and an assault rifle. And while technically or not there are semantics, I still agree with being more active in the schools when a student is presenting with serious social issues and discipline, that there be the appropriate mental health evaluations especially before said student is allowed back into the school if they are suspended.

I think much like much of the stalking laws and harassment charges, much to much of the time the action taken is too little too late.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I think in general talking about caliber of guns and prudent gun sense is a long way off. We already have gun grabbers generally mis identifying guns and details about them, because the majority of them look at say the AR-15 and automatically view it as scary and an assault rifle. And while technically or not there are semantics, I still agree with being more active in the schools when a student is presenting with serious social issues and discipline, that there be the appropriate mental health evaluations especially before said student is allowed back into the school if they are suspended.

I think much like much of the stalking laws and harassment charges, much to much of the time the action taken is too little too late.
    Ain't looking so hot for your side either by the looks of this thread, chief.

Everything but the guns so we can protect these children. Got it.

/me makes wanking motion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Everything but the guns so we can protect these children. Got it.

/me makes wanking motion
    Thinking of the Children are you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Ain't looking so hot for your side either by the looks of this thread, chief.
    Which side is that, you mean the legally lawful gun owners. It's not a monolith and i wouldn't call it a side as much as I would call it a group that definitely at least all agreed we aren't giving up our guns due to the hysteria of those defiantly not looking out for our interest. Don't need the NRA for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatBlast View Post
    One day you'll join the rest of reality when approaching the discussion in this thread, since afaik nobody has claimed to come "git ur guns", instead more practical gun control necessitating harder acquisition for those who may not be ideal candidates for the privilege, but I suppose when you do everything in your power to reject reality you can make up any bullshit you want and pretend it's what you are actually countering.
    People who don’t value the reason for gun ownership aren’t going to value gun owners. Not having a good enough evidence to take guns away or create more laws is pretty clear the intentions.

Say one thing do another. We don’t need more gun laws.

Thinking of the Children are you?

- - - Updated - - -

Which side is that, you mean the legally lawful gun owners. It's not a monolith and i wouldn't call it a side as much as I would call it a group that definitely at least all agreed we aren't giving up our guns due to the hysteria of those defiantly not looking out for our interest. Don't need the NRA for that.
    I mean yeah? That’s sorta a big part of the conversation.

Are you even reading the posts here?

10+ Year Old Account
    People don't value bullshit, lies and obfuscation when discussing quite important topics, who'd have thought, even more galling when said nonsense is then accentuated with victim complexes. Bring some actual verifiable/quantifiable evidence to back your claims or continue to "feel unvalued".
    I don’t feel I unvalued by a group of people who all decided to all agree with one another.

It’s not a victim complex to disagree we need more gun laws for law abiding citizens because. A group of people who agree with one another say so either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I mean yeah? That’s sorta a big part of the conversation.
    I think a bigger part of the conversation has been to talk down to anyone who disagrees and question anyone who doesn’t feel the need for more gun regulation.

10+ Year Old Account
    And back to your feelings and delusions. If you feel evidential based discussion is being talked down too then there's nothing more, at all, in any way, worth discussing further with you. Cheeribye.
    This isn’t an evidence based discussion. It’s just a discussion people are free to have.

My position here is as a gun owner and my perspective as someone who doesn’t feel anything’s so far justifies more gun restrictions.

It’s not about my feelings alone one way or another.

I just recently responded because of the caliber discussion. My view is that gun regulations is the wrong direction so talking about caliber is pointless. Because ost people for gun regulations in my opinion don’t know anything about guns. That’s my response today.

We aren’t going to agree. I’m fine with that. Nothing else to say to each other.

After using terms like "gun grabbers" unironically, your attempts to appear neutral are bold, but ultimately hilarious.

Cool of you to go for the "they are trying to get muh guns!" argument since I don't think I've seen any calls for grabbing guns from those that already have them, but rather restricting who gets to buy them in the future. Be it new from the store or used from private sellers.

10+ Year Old Account
    For one who loves the constitution so much, it's weird that he doesn't like a majority decision, which is democracy.

My position here is as a gun owner and my perspective as someone who doesn’t feel anything’s so far justifies more gun restrictions
    And it would be a lot easier to argue with you if you just stated the obvious: a mass shooting a day including a school shooting per week is simply the price you are happy to pay.

Instead you write pages and pages about not seeing anything that justifies more gun restrictions. You close your eyes to the obvious, not even admitting there is a problem in the first place. You see no problem so you see no need for change. It's certainly an opinion to have but why close your eyes to the consequences?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    After using terms like "gun grabbers" unironically, your attempts to appear neutral are bold, but ultimately hilarious.

Cool of you to go for the "they are trying to get muh guns!" argument since I don't think I've seen any calls for grabbing guns from those that already have them, but rather restricting who gets to buy them in the future. Be it new from the store or used from private sellers.
    Questioning the reason someone needs a gun along with asking for more regulations from people already obeying the law sounds to me like any tactic to take guns away is the goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    And it would be a lot easier to argue with you if you just stated the obvious: a mass shooting a day including a school shooting per week is simply the price you are happy to pay.

Instead you write pages and pages about not seeing anything that justifies more gun restrictions. You close your eyes to the obvious, not even admitting there is a problem in the first place. You see no problem so you see no need for change. It's certainly an opinion to have but why close your eyes to the consequences?
    One has nothing to do with the other in my opinion based on the evidence that the vast majority of gun owners aren't breaking the law. People committing mass murder with guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Questioning the reason someone needs a gun along with asking for more regulations from people already obeying the law sounds to me like any tactic to take guns away is the goal.
    "Why do we need laws against drunk driving? You're just trying to deny people the right to drive."

Same really bad argument.

I don’t feel I unvalued by a group of people who all decided to all agree with one another.

It’s not a victim complex to disagree we need more gun laws for law abiding citizens because. A group of people who agree with one another say so either.

- - - Updated - - -

I think a bigger part of the conversation has been to talk down to anyone who disagrees and question anyone who doesn’t feel the need for more gun regulation.
    It’s not a victim complex.

Plays victim in post.

Fucking clown makeup meme here. Lol.

One has nothing to do with the other in my opinion based on the evidence that the vast majority of gun owners aren't breaking the law. People committing mass murder with guns are.
    It's like talking to a wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    It's like talking to a wall.
    Why. Because I’m not convinced all gun violence equates to we need even more gun restrictions. What exactly is your position and why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why. Because I’m not convinced all gun violence equates to we need even more gun restrictions. What exactly is your position and why?
    It's like talking to a wall because you;

A> consistently misrepresent arguments made against your position, like calling us "gun grabbers".
    B> Refuse to actually explain any real positive outcomes of your own position, other than that you, personally, like owning a gun.

Any counterpoints thrown against you are ignored or misrepresented. And your own arguments aren't arguments; just you stating a completely unfounded personal opinion.

Ok follow along here I'm going to go point by point, tell me where you disagree.

1. We have far to much gun violence in America.
    2. Because it is so easy to get a gun in the us people who want to do bad things are more likely to use guns then less dangerous things like knifes and bats ect.
    3. If we ban the most dangerous firearms and make it even just a bit harder for people to buy the less dangerous ones it makes it harder for people who want to do bad things to get guns.
    4. If they don't have access to guns they will either not commit the bad acts they want to or be far less effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Ok follow along here I'm going to go point by point, tell me where you disagree.

1. We have far to much gun violence in America.
    2. Because it is so easy to get a gun in the us people who want to do bad things are more likely to use guns then less dangerous things like knifes and bats ect.
    3. If we ban the most dangerous firearms and make it even just a bit harder for people to buy the less dangerous ones it makes it harder for people who want to do bad things to get guns.
    4. If they don't have access to guns they will either not commit the bad acts they want to or be far less effective.
    But I need to protect my family against criminals. So I take the occasional shooting of children as a necessary sacrifice. Yeah for 2a, baby.

But in all seriousness. No one is saying: ban all guns. That would be impossible in the states. Stricter gun laws, registration and a ban on certain firearms would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    So I take the occasional shooting of children as a necessary sacrifice.
    How else will we appease our Christians god's thirst?

thoughts and prayers we cry out in the millions to the corpse nailed to a tree but he demands more sacrifices every year lest he take the nails out, descend the tree and launch his last judgement, the genocide of the human race