Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    one thing that is rarely brought up is the fact that many of the recent high profile murderers were medicated on stuff like Ritalin, Zoloft, and other powerful psychotropic drugs all of which have side effects like aggression, mania, hostility, violence and even homicidal/suicidal ideation, and with several others including the Aurora CO, and sandy hook shootings information about their drug use was never made public—neither confirming or refuting if they were under the influence of prescribed drugs. The prescription drug lobby has spent billions covering such information up.
    Last edited by stabetha; 2013-02-17 at 04:33 PM.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Just got this:

just with a wooden stock and this:

in the last month. I <3 them both so far.
    The FAL is the best battle rifle in the world by far, I see no other reason to buy any other rifle unless you are a hunter and want something with a bit more kick.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 04:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/teenager-sh...6.html#qnn2e9p

Higher violent crime rate in UK and they also have murders committed using firearms.

Maybe banning guns will not solve the issue.

Maybe banning guns is treating the symptom not the cause
    we have covered this many, many times in this thread. I wont ask you to look through every page here, just the last 10. Better to have your wallet stolen in the UK than killed in the USA.
    Last edited by mmoca51a6f9f4d; 2013-02-17 at 04:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/teenager-sh...6.html#qnn2e9p

Higher violent crime rate in UK and they also have murders committed using firearms.

Maybe banning guns will not solve the issue.

Maybe banning guns is treating the symptom not the cause
    nice link Sorry, the page you requested either doesn't exist or isn't available right now!

Buy how many time shall this be repeated, violent crime in UK is not the same thing as violent crime in US.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    nice link Sorry, the page you requested either doesn't exist or isn't available right now!

Buy how many time shall this be repeated, violent crime in UK is not the same thing as violent crime in US.
    Indeed, we class certain things as violent crime that they don't in the USA. Shouting Boo at someone here is classed as assault, therefore a violent crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comparison of UK/USA trends in homicide

I also sent a gift card to Henson Ong for being awesome.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    What a guy. Like how they tried to stifle him and he just kept going.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    The FAL is the best battle rifle in the world by far, I see no other reason to buy any other rifle unless you are a hunter and want something with a bit more kick.
    The stock never did much for me, and the various pistol grips I've tried with them have never fit me well. I had the folding charging handle on mine (which IIRC is standard on the L1A1 anyway?) and it was a nice slim presentation. I still prefer a magazine that drops free rather than needing to hook it forward/back when unloading/loading. G3 was fun enough, but the lack of a bolt hold open was a deal breaker anyway. Never did find a 308 that fit me "just right".

DSArms does make a variety of hunting calibers, if the 308 isn't just right, but 308 does fine for almost all game here.

Though of course, since the FAL/L1A1 are included in the bans proposed, it doesn't mean a whole lot from the original discussion.

John McCain: Background Checks Will Get Broad Support In Senate

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Sunday that he expects bipartisan legislation expanding background checks on gun purchases to have broad support in the Senate.

"There's some senators, bipartisan, again, Senator Coburn and Senator Manchin and some others who are working on a package that I think that most of us will be able to support," McCain said on NBC's "Meet the Press." "I applaud their efforts."

McCain continued, "Obviously, we want to do everything we can to prevent guns from falling into the hands of people who are mentally unbalanced or criminals."

The bipartisan plan touted by McCain is currently under negotiation. Senators Tom Coburn (R-Okla.), Mark Kirk (R-Ill.), Joe Manchin (D-W.V.) and Chuck Schumer (N.Y.) have met to discuss the proposed legislation, which would close loopholes in the current background check system.

"It's coming along pretty well," Schumer said after a meeting on the plan last Wednesday. "We're hopeful."

Recent surveys have shown overwhelming public support for expanding background checks. A Quinnipiac poll released earlier this month found that 92 percent of voters are in favor of universal checks on gun buyers.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2706927.html

I'd like to see a 100 year run down for Canada like that, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    John McCain: Background Checks Will Get Broad Support In Senate

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Sunday that he expects bipartisan legislation expanding background checks on gun purchases to have broad support in the Senate.

"There's some senators, bipartisan, again, Senator Coburn and Senator Manchin and some others who are working on a package that I think that most of us will be able to support," McCain said on NBC's "Meet the Press." "I applaud their efforts."

McCain continued, "Obviously, we want to do everything we can to prevent guns from falling into the hands of people who are mentally unbalanced or criminals."

The bipartisan plan touted by McCain is currently under negotiation. Senators Tom Coburn (R-Okla.), Mark Kirk (R-Ill.), Joe Manchin (D-W.V.) and Chuck Schumer (N.Y.) have met to discuss the proposed legislation, which would close loopholes in the current background check system.

"It's coming along pretty well," Schumer said after a meeting on the plan last Wednesday. "We're hopeful."

Recent surveys have shown overwhelming public support for expanding background checks. A Quinnipiac poll released earlier this month found that 92 percent of voters are in favor of universal checks on gun buyers.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2706927.html
    Why aren't you responding to questions and points made to you, and just posting biased news articles over and over, which doesn't contribute to the conversation or debate?

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 07:57 PM ----------

I really enjoy videos like this.

10+ Year Old Account

It's kind of funny at 2:25 where he shows the gun control laws being introduced that there IS a drop in murder rates. But then it goes back up, then down, then up, then down, then up, XD.

Updates

Colorado House Passes Four Hotly Debated Gun-Control Measures

DENVER — Limits on the size of ammunition magazines and universal background checks passed the Colorado House on Monday, during a second day of emotional debates that has drawn attention from the White House as lawmakers try to address recent mass shootings.

The bills were among four that the Democratic-controlled House passed amid strong resistance from Republicans, who were joined by a few Democrats to make some of the votes close.

The proposed ammunition restrictions limit magazines to 15 rounds for firearms, and eight for shotguns. Three Democrats joined all Republicans voting no on the bill, but the proposal passed 34-31.

"Enough is enough. I'm sick and tired of bloodshed," said Democratic Rep. Rhonda Fields, a sponsor of the bill and representative of the district where the shootings at an Aurora theater happened last summer. Fields' son was also fatally shot in 2005.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...cs&ir=Politics

Updates

Colorado House Passes Four Hotly Debated Gun-Control Measures

DENVER — Limits on the size of ammunition magazines and universal background checks passed the Colorado House on Monday, during a second day of emotional debates that has drawn attention from the White House as lawmakers try to address recent mass shootings.

The bills were among four that the Democratic-controlled House passed amid strong resistance from Republicans, who were joined by a few Democrats to make some of the votes close.

The proposed ammunition restrictions limit magazines to 15 rounds for firearms, and eight for shotguns. Three Democrats joined all Republicans voting no on the bill, but the proposal passed 34-31.

"Enough is enough. I'm sick and tired of bloodshed," said Democratic Rep. Rhonda Fields, a sponsor of the bill and representative of the district where the shootings at an Aurora theater happened last summer. Fields' son was also fatally shot in 2005.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...cs&ir=Politics
    Also, why are you only showing one side of this topic, from basically one thought process and website?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Also, why are you only showing one side of this topic, from basically one thought process and website?
    It's just the one with the quickest updates. All this information can be verified and is accurate.

It's just the one with the quickest updates. All this information can be verified and is accurate.
    You didn't answer my question.

You didn't answer my question.
    I'm posting Gun Control related articles that are on on going and developing in the Gun Control Thread. I don't see the problem.

I don't see where there is any side to the story apart from the quote from the democrat lady. If you remove her derp comment, It's basically a cut and dry of what happened.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm posting Gun Control related articles that are on on going and developing in the Gun Control Thread. I don't see the problem.
    Posting factual news articles that don't agree with his point of view is offensive to him.

As Fused said, you can verify all of this information yourself by googling it or going to the source.

You're welcome to post counter articles as well, if you can find them, but if they're easily fact checked and debunked, you'll know it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

It doesn't pertain directly to gun control, but I looked up Rhonda Fields's son, and that's a truly tragic story:

http://www.fieldswolfememorialfund.o...vadvivian.html

I think Fields's position regarding gun control is nonsensical, but I understand why she's thinking with her heart rather than her head. That's just a shitty place to make policy from.

Well, if thats all you are doing, instead of answering any of the questions or points directed at you, you should probably post more than one type of thought process or "side." If not, why bother even posting at all

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 10:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Posting factual news articles that don't agree with his point of view is offensive to him.

As Fused said, you can verify all of this information yourself by googling it or going to the source.

You're welcome to post counter articles as well, if you can find them, but if they're easily fact checked and debunked, you'll know it.
    False, I said nothing even close to that, or even relating to most of what you said.