Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Confused? - TG or SmF?

Im new here, so forgive me.. :)

I was looking at Landsoul profile at i noticed he is using 2-hands now, Titans grip...

But i thought single minded fury is the best dps output these days?

So i got this 2 hand sword from elegon, 1 ilvl 489 and 1 ilvl 476, but i dont use them...

I use two blue 1 hand axe from serpent temple, udgraded to ilvl 471, is that bad?

Can anyone point me in the right direction? :)

Thx

Using higher ilvl weapons is definately gonna be better, even more so if you go from 2x heroic dungeon blues to a normal-mode and a lfr raid weapon.

I cant realy say I know much about warriors, but as the 2hand weapons both are higher ilvl they will do more dps. Melee dps rely so much on ilvl (str and dps stats), atleast us pala does.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Best weapons = best spec.

If you have the choice, smf seems to be better for single target and tg slightly better for 2+.

Landsoul, by his own words, went tg because he got a better 2 hander than he had 1 hander.

Deleted
    Ahh super nice... thx for the info made my choice so much easier

Try grab both a pair of good 1 handers and 2 handers in your bag, and switch to TG on cleave and AoE fights (Stone Guards, Garalon, Wind Lord, Ambershaper, just to name a few).

That way you can make use of SMF's excelent single target damage, and TG's excelent AoE damage, depending on what the particular fight favors.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

regarding landsoul... why doesnt he have dancing steel on both weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by kakihara View Post
    Probably because 2 x DS is only marginally better than DS + WS. Try simming your character to see if this is true for you. My 487 SMF war (2 pc, 2 x normal elevon axe) only gained 500 overall dps with 2 x DS vs DS & WS.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Try grab both a pair of good 1 handers and 2 handers in your bag, and switch to TG on cleave and AoE fights (Stone Guards, Garalon, Wind Lord, Ambershaper, just to name a few).

That way you can make use of SMF's excelent single target damage, and TG's excelent AoE damage, depending on what the particular fight favors.
    this is what I'm doing, aoe fight = titan grip, single target = SMF; specially during the execute (< 20% health) always use dual wield 1h weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weapon macro to switch to 2 1hs if you have them after adds are dead or during burn phase on bosses.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Weapon macro to switch to 2 1hs if you have them after adds are dead or during burn phase on bosses.
    did i miss something here? did they take out the 30 second icd for weapon bonus swapping? seems like weapons swapping from tg to smf would not be wise during a fight unless, again, i am missing something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enjay View Post
    did i miss something here? did they take out the 30 second icd for weapon bonus swapping? seems like weapons swapping from tg to smf would not be wise during a fight unless, again, i am missing something.
    It was tongue in cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by kakihara View Post
    Before 5.1, DS+WS was better IIRC. Now, 2*DS is better but the progress is finished and DS is way more expensive and Landsoul decided to keep his enchant WS on offhand.

Quote Originally Posted by enjay View Post
    Same here. oÔ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by planrawsto View Post
    SMF, even with shittier weapons, seems to be much better. It's very bizarre how much of a dramatic difference there is.

Unless the fight is largely AoE, you'll want to stick with SMF. There's another warrior in my guild that has two regular 1hander weapons and I have two valor upgraded 2handers from Elegon and he pulls almost what I pull 15 ilvls below me. inb4 any says our rotations are different, they're nearly identical based on WoL.

Edit: My weapons are heroic.
    SMF is a few % points higher. If there is that big a difference, either he is really good or you are bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get back to me when you get some heroic weapons, newfriend.
    Don't see how that is relevant, anymore than if I said "get back to me when you're in a top 10 guild or top 10 parses". I MS arms ATM, so I pass on heroic starshatter. You can do the comparison yourself, if you are able to. It's hardly enough to make up for a 15 ilvl and 2 worse weapons, unless the skill differential is a factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    With 496 gear, all buffs/debuffs, and optimal play SMF pulls around 105k DPS, whilst TG pulls just under 100k. You can simcraft this yourself, it isn't difficult.

Simcraft is real life
    Obviously it's not real life, but it's simulating both dps specs assuming equal, perfect play. Obviously no player is going to play perfectly, but if two players were to play equally, the % difference would most likely be similar. So, simcraft is a credible source, not for your EXACT dps, but for a good idea of what will and won't be an increase.

Slightly offtopic, but since Landsoul was mentioned.
    I am a bit surprised he (and same for Oixte) dont have Skullrender Medallion equipped.
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Skullrender isn't that great for engineers, and assuming we won't wait 20+ weeks for the next raid, it might not even be worth spending valor points on.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    Slightly offtopic, but since Landsoul was mentioned.
    I am a bit surprised he (and same for Oixte) dont have Skullrender Medallion equipped.
    Both of them are engineering. I don't have any math or data to back this up, but since you're not able to stack the trinket's clicky with synapse springs, the trinket's not as good for engineers as it is for non-engineers.