Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    What I'm concerned about is that once again, the planetary arc will be written with hardcore Imp/Rep fans in mind and hardcore Light/Dark players. In my Inquisitor class story, I've been getting a lot of options to flat out defy the Empire to do good things, I can even say that I want to change the Empire to light side lol. I can always avoid killing and only kill in self defense etc. But in planetary arcs, I feel like the light side options are all still about being a hardcore Imper/Dark-Side fanboy/fangirl.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will say at 50 until they release more content for 55, one raid and one planet/zone isn't enough to pay €20 for...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    I will say at 50 until they release more content for 55, one raid and one planet/zone isn't enough to pay €20 for...
    honestly, im not really i understand this. because other games a expansion costs 60 bucks yet its basically 1 "planet" and a raid. i know like outlands for example you had 1 raid and 1 boss raid(which isnt really much of a raid tbh). but im not here to start this arguement. im just posting to say i dont really understand why people say this.

Deleted
    @Syce

With TBC you also got a new profession, two new races (for free ) and a metric crapton of fivemans. If what we know now is the whole x-pac, it's awfully thin.

edit: and to add something not game vs game related, it seems they got rid of the german and french community guys, which doesn't exactly spell confidence in their product's future.
    Last edited by mmocabce60bc47; 2013-03-05 at 01:09 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    honestly, im not really i understand this. because other games a expansion costs 60 bucks yet its basically 1 "planet" and a raid. i know like outlands for example you had 1 raid and 1 boss raid(which isnt really much of a raid tbh). but im not here to start this arguement. im just posting to say i dont really understand why people say this.
    Friendly Fact Checking 101:

1) Expansions typically cost $40 for a basic edition as recently as this year. $60 puts you in the realm of digital collector's stuff.

2) Expansions typically provide several new features, new races or classes, entire continents (which are vastly larger than a SWTOR planet) and so on and so forth. Much, much more.

3) Some games include raiding as part of the package, others you can only access it with a subscription at all. SWTOR cuts it in the middle and lets you access the game but not raid. So if you pay $20 for this 'expansion' you get ZERO raids.

*note that this isn't any one particular game. There are 3 expansions that launched to mainstream titles in the last year and they all fit the descriptions I gave.*
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Outland had Gruuls Lair, Tempest Keep, Serpentshrine Cavern, Magtheridon's Lair and Karazhan + 16 dungeons, 11 new zones...
    Last edited by sinilaid; 2013-03-05 at 03:05 PM.

Deleted
    I believe your sig states that you play Rift. If so, surely you know that Rift's recent expansion is huge and not limited to '1 planet and a raid'.

Deleted
    honestly, im not really i understand this. because other games a expansion costs 60 bucks yet its basically 1 "planet" and a raid. i know like outlands for example you had 1 raid and 1 boss raid(which isnt really much of a raid tbh).
    Show me those 60 bucks expansions only providing a single zone and one raid please, your outlands example is wrong as it had multiple raids at launch and contained more than one zone. And that's not even counting two new races and the zones that came with them.

But I do recall isle of quel'danas, which was basically 1 planet (zone) and one raid, with an ordinary instance as well btu that's of minor importance. The difference is that beyond the subscription fee, you had to pay exactly nothing to get that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    I believe your sig states that you play Rift. If so, surely you know that Rift's recent expansion is huge and not limited to '1 planet and a raid'.
    i know that, but no one knows how big makeb is going to be.

Karazhan, by itself, shits all over one 7 player raid. Also, if we're going to equate the sizes of some of the larger planets, the starter zones for the Blood Elves and Draenai are just as large as one planet. That doesn't include Outlands at all. That also doesn't include the number of dungeons and heroic dungeons, the number of rep factions, the additions to crafting professions (which is still better than what I've seen on 2.0) and the addition of Jewelcrafting, the addition of flying mounts, two new races, etc. And, in WoW, one race is, essentially, equal to every race in TOR because it has different animations for everything. And that was for $40.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 11:49 AM ----------

i know that, but no one knows how big makeb is going to be.
    According to them, it'll rival the size of Voss or Hoth. Large, but not massive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Karazhan, by itself, shits all over one 7 player raid. Also, if we're going to equate the sizes of some of the larger planets, the starter zones for the Blood Elves and Draenai are just as large as one planet. That doesn't include Outlands at all. That also doesn't include the number of dungeons and heroic dungeons, the number of rep factions, the additions to crafting professions (which is still better than what I've seen on 2.0) and the addition of Jewelcrafting, the addition of flying mounts, two new races, etc. And, in WoW, one race is, essentially, equal to every race in TOR because it has different animations for everything. And that was for $40.[COLOR="red"]
    then i got screwed because every WoW expansion ive bought its been 60 bucks,(canadian here)

then i got screwed because every WoW expansion ive bought its been 60 bucks,(canadian here)
    Uh, yeah. In the US, it's $40 USD. If you're paying $60, I don't know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Friendly Fact Checking 101:

1) Expansions typically cost $40 for a basic edition as recently as this year. $60 puts you in the realm of digital collector's stuff.

2) Expansions typically provide several new features, new races or classes, entire continents (which are vastly larger than a SWTOR planet) and so on and so forth. Much, much more.

3) Some games include raiding as part of the package, others you can only access it with a subscription at all. SWTOR cuts it in the middle and lets you access the game but not raid. So if you pay $20 for this 'expansion' you get ZERO raids.

*note that this isn't any one particular game. There are 3 expansions that launched to mainstream titles in the last year and they all fit the descriptions I gave.*
    I like the bad wolf in you sig guessing Dr who fan... any way they say it is 20 dollars for the expansion but it is still only 10 dollars to purchase.... for 10 dollars I would only expect 1 planet and 1 new raid. Which you have to have the expansion to get the raid since level 50 is the cap for those who did not purchase the expansion and the raid is a lvl 55 raid. And from watching some videos of it on youtube the raid is a long one, looks to have more bosses than all the previous raids... Just hope makeb is worth it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkjuggalo2000 View Post
    but it is still only 10 dollars to purchase.... for 10 dollars I would only expect 1 planet and 1 new raid.
    So what do people pay subscription fees for again? Because it certainly doesn't seem to be for meaningful content updates considering the current situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the bad wolf in you sig guessing Dr who fan...
    Bow Ties, wibbley wobbleys, and everything in between are certainly cool.

Regarding the rest, I have to agree with Zoknorbs response that it seems a subscription is a worthless if it's not including anything of worth and then you have to pay $10-$20 just to have a new map to run around in.
    BAD WOLF

Bow Ties, wibbley wobbleys, and everything in between are certainly cool.

Regarding the rest, I have to agree with Zoknorbs response that it seems a subscription is a worthless if it's not including anything of worth and then you have to pay $10-$20 just to have a new map to run around in.
    I can agree to that, Im just stating that in comparison to other mmo games its relatively cheap. All monthly paid mmo games are going to do what they can to suck the life force out of our wallets... lol

and Kittyvicious whatever you do dont blink... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I can agree to that, Im just stating that in comparison to other mmo games its relatively cheap. All monthly paid mmo games are going to do what they can to suck the life force out of our wallets... lol

and Kittyvicious whatever you do dont blink... lol
    I would responsd, but I've been transported to a time loop in new york city to live out the rest of my days as food for demonic angel aliens.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the part in that cave one where he says the race that lived on the planet had two heads. One of my favorite "oh crap" moments in the series. Seriously, even red shirts in ST have longer lifespans than extras in DW.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I would responsd, but I've been transported to a time loop in new york city to live out the rest of my days as food for demonic angel aliens.
    lol. which doctor did you like the best?

10+ Year Old Account
    lol. which doctor did you like the best?
    That's like...the question of the decade. Eccleston was my first, David Tenant was the one who touched me the most, but Matt Smith has proven to probably be the most well acted Doctor I've ever seen. Then Tom Baker is always the classic...

The only answer I can give you is all of them.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 07:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    even red shirts in ST have longer lifespans than extras in DW.
    Haha, yeah...seems like it.
    BAD WOLF