Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Ive just started to play this a few days ago and seems decent..

Great alternative for when getting too stressed playing DCS Ka-50 or A-10C.

10+ Year Old Account
    kinda reminds me of battlestations midway..
    Last edited by Achaman; 2014-01-28 at 03:25 AM.

Been playing the game since I saw some guy play it on Youtube. It's nice, getting the hang of the odd targeting system they have set up (I know about leading in real life, just the setup they have is odd). Too bad I seem to lose most games because of dumbass teammates.

Played it for a bit a few months ago and had a lot of fun with it for a couple of weeks. Got bored with it pretty fast. Air combat just doesn't do it for me...I'm waiting for the land portion and especially the naval to come out.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    I tried Historical Battles for the first time yesterday. It's really really really different from arcade. Immediately ordered myself a joystick
    Still loving the game.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped playing it because the matchmaking and balance was completely whack. It was good fun in the start, but then you start getting matched up against people who quite frankly, rape you.

I'm waiting for the vehicle and ship parts to be added.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I stopped playing it because the matchmaking and balance was completely whack. It was good fun in the start, but then you start getting matched up against people who quite frankly, rape you.

I've been reading a lot about whether it's p2w or not (as I really don't want to invest my time in a p2w game), and although there seems to be a divide, it seems that it's not so bad at all. So if there would be people raping me (because of skill) I wouldn't mind at all, as I love the feeling of trying to get better. I'll have to see how it goes though, can imagine it getting frustrating.

Have also been looking at World of Warplanes...but the fact that the game is 'HP-based' kind of irks me. I like the War thunder damage model
    Last edited by mmoc933021f019; 2014-01-28 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Not an MMO. Wish people would stop using this term for every single multiplayer game out there.
    And i wish People would READ and THINK. MMO means: Massive Multiplayer Online. What you mean is MMO RPG, but thats not what People wrote...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only problem I have is with the fully decked out biplanes. They can turn on a dime and keep up with the regular prop planes if they aren't fully decked out as well.

Otherwise it is a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    And i wish People would READ and THINK. MMO means: Massive Multiplayer Online. What you mean is MMO RPG, but thats not what People wrote...
    32 players in a match isn't massive...there is no difference between this game and any other standard multiplayer lobby game in terms of defining it as a MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really good game once you get used to controlling your airplane properly and using the target system properly,only annoying thing is the Derpcannons on USSR's Yaks and US Cobras,they just obliterate you when they hit you,there is even one plane with something like a 105 MM cannon on it (IRL it was mostly used against Ground/Naval troops but oh well).
    I like that its not really P2W and you can progress pretty fast trough the tiers even if you win 1 game per day,i'm currently at tier 3 almost tier 4 of German planes and late t2 of soviet ones,I did buy premium for 1 day to see the difference,and its not that high in research points,except you get a ton more Lions (standard currency).
    Been playing it for a few weeks on/off and I feel i'm progressing much faster then WoT (Gief 2 mill for next tank!!!).

Also tried WoWP and it feels alot more unpolished and the controls are weird if you are using mouse+keyboard

Sure its massive multiplayer, but so is BF4, call of duty, Halo. Do we just call those MMOFPS? How bout League of Legends, do we call that SMMO for Super massive multiplayer online? This game and others like it are not really MMO's.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post

I share the exact same feelings on this. Have they said anything on how long before ships are added to the game? That's what I'm really looking for anyways. So hopefully between World of Warships or War Thunder, one of them gets it right.

It's not massive multiplayer unless it has 128+ simultaneous players.

A chatbox does not massively multiplayer make. And protip, the first MMO means MassiveLY.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Okay game apart from some of the russian and allied planes being simply ridicilous. Russian planes are flying tanks, one shot and your wings come off even in arcade mode. Dem 37mm cannons. Spitfires turn like formula ones or something and don't even mention airacobras. Axis and japanese planes are pretty damn mediocre.