Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    You missed what I meant, almost every mount in the game is, or has a reskin.
    Just because a mount is an obvious reskin, it should not stop it being listed as one of the better mounts in the game.
    I never said it was! I just said that I tried to avoid straight re-colored mounts. Ie: Azure drake, Twilight drake, Rusted proto drake, Iron-bound proto drake, etc...

Ashes is still pretty rare and, until MoP, was difficult to obtain without a trustworthy buddy. Now, I hear anyone and their mother can solo TK so it's obviously going to become less rare as time goes on -- which is kind of sad.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

15+ Year Old Account
    #1 invinsible

The Amani War Bear will forever be my favorite mount just because I thought the ZA achievement was a hard one to get for its time. The original ZA bear just has a lot of fond memories for me. I'd probably rate the Netherdrakes up there just because at one point in time they were rare, and they were the first 'cool' flying mount.

Quote Originally Posted by GotMoxie View Post
    Ashes is still pretty rare and, until MoP, was difficult to obtain without a trustworthy buddy. Now, I hear anyone and their mother can solo TK so it's obviously going to become less rare as time goes on -- which is kind of sad.
    True words . For squishy ranged and melee though there's pretty much only 1 method to solo TK without being CC'd for minutes on end and dying. It involves full clearing TK (or at least to KT) and kiting the adds all the way back to the entrance of TK. It sucks and it takes forever .

I do not see Big Love Rocket in the video.

As such, his opinion became invalid. :P

http://www.wowhead.com/item=49096 - Flag on the back is badass and most people don't know it exists.

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    #1 invinsible
    Invincible lore = Fucking awesome

Invincible model = Meh

Dear Blizzard, please don't release a pay-to-win mount with exactly the same model as an epic end-game mount. It makes puppies and kitties cry.
    Last edited by PANDA EXPRESS; 2012-12-19 at 07:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Black Qiraji Battle Tank is top, Ashes of Al’ar is second, and Mimiron's head is third. After that everything is worthless.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Bc glad mounts are awesome, armoured netherdrakes HNNGGG

Quote Originally Posted by PANDA EXPRESS View Post
    True words . For squishy ranged and melee though there's pretty much only 1 method to solo TK without being CC'd for minutes on end and dying. It involves full clearing TK (or at least to KT) and kiting the adds all the way back to the entrance of TK. It sucks and it takes forever .
    Couple guildmates tried to solo it and were stomped. Glad I don't have to go back except for transmog gear, since my trustworthy buddy stopped playing and I don't fancy having to roll against folks.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I do not see Big Love Rocket in the video.

As such, his opinion became invalid. :P
    Haha, it's on my list! Just not top 10. The model is old, and the pun (while fucking hillarious) can get old while you're jerking around in the air because it doesn't have very smooth turn animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=49096 - Flag on the back is badass and most people don't know it exists.
    This item is no longer available within the game.

The alliance level 25 guild mount is similar though, I'd highly recommend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    disagree with every single one except ashes of alar and spectral tiger. rare does not equal cool imo.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    disagree with every single one except ashes of alar and spectral tiger. rare does not equal cool imo.
    Sure! But more often then not Blizzard saves the cooler/more unique models for end-game content. Gotta incentivise 4 day raid weeks somehow!

Disagree with this list hard. The value of ashes of alar is way down these days.

Experiment 12-B and Mimirons Head will be in my two three.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Disagree with this list hard. The value of ashes of alar is way down these days.
    Maybe, but I can't say I haven't seen an ashes a single time on the BMAH without a 999,999g bid.

Deleted
    no invincible?
    I also like the pandaren pheonix'

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    In that case I would encourage you to come up with your own top 10 list, which you'll find that it isn't as easy as you might think. Obviously this list is subject to personal opinion but the list is pretty decent in my opinion, besides, not adding Ashes of Alar to your top 10 is pretty insane. I'm really interested in which mounts do end-up in your top 10.

1) Mimiron's Head

It's just so unique, unlike Invincible, Pureblood, Proto's and Drakes which just look ever more absurd with each new skin.

I'd probably go with

2) Swift Spectral Tiger (Until Cata it had a unique translucent skin despite using the Tiger model, but it's just so iconic and I sometimes find myself wondering if I'd give a leg for one)

There are no other mounts I'd say really deserve to be in the top 10 (Just make it a top 2 imo) other than those two. Water Strider just looks bad, even if it's the only other unique skin mount (Which if Blizzard backtrack on what they said, it won't even be unique) and even the better looking Flametalon, Crimson DC and SP Tiger mounts are just too similar to other models to really be that different.