Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Take your time and explore the environment. This is one of the few games that I can honestly say that if something looks wrong or out of place, then it is. Also keep in mind what Col. Slate (the guy who you get the Shock Jockey from) says.
    I have payed a lot of attion to what everyone and slate say's.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Story is fantastic. It's so good. Like really.
    Best game this year so far, easy.

I have it on PS3, and it runs fine, obviously just not as precise as using a mouse on PC. But I didn't have trouble.
    Around about 10-12hours. Depends on how much you suck.
    I bet it on Hard, but I didn't pay attention to how many hours.

It's better than BS2, BS1 is better than 2.
    GOGOGO GET IT!
    You won't regret it.
    Until you start thinking about the story and the giant plote holes start showing up

A lot of things didnt make sense to me.
    Like the invasion they do on New York in the 80's. How the freaking hell could bloody airballoons win against the United States Cold War era army?

Why wouldn't Booker simply tell himself who he was?

Why would he do all these things yet not do them?

How would killing him in one timeline suddenly change everything in ALL timelines?
    Last edited by Noomz; 2013-05-23 at 05:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Until you start thinking about the story and the giant plote holes start showing up

Like the invasion they do on New York in the 80's. How the freaking hell could bloody airballoons win against the United States Cold War era army?

Why wouldn't Booker simply tell himself who he was?

Why would he do all these things yet not do them?

How would killing him in one timeline suddenly change everything in ALL timelines?
    There weren't any real plot holes. Everything had a purpose and a reason.

1. He makes them work on the tears because they can not only see the future but go into different futures and take technology. How do they have a floating city in 1912 or Songbird or the tower or any of the other things they had? They went into the future and took them.

2. He wants to stop Booker, not have Booker stop him. He knows himself and what he would do in every situation so it's safe to say he thinks not telling him is much wiser than telling him.

3/4. What does that mean...? He does do all the things, some in the main timeline, some in different ones. There are bifurcation points, points in time that make one reality split into multiple ones. All the universes are tied but also independent.

The baptism is the 1st real point of splitting. So, by killing himself before it there can never be a Comstock, in any reality, the realities never split. The reason the other Annas disappear is because their realities are gone, over, because they were never even started.

Comstock never being there means Infinite never happened and Booker never gave Anna away, the epilogue.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cambria View Post
    There weren't any real plot holes. Everything had a purpose and a reason.

1. He makes them work on the tears because they can not only see the future but go into different futures and take technology. How do they have a floating city in 1912 or Songbird or the tower or any of the other things they had? They went into the future and took them.

2. He wants to stop Booker, not have Booker stop him. He knows himself and what he would do in every situation so it's safe to say he thinks not telling him is much wiser than telling him.

3/4. What does that mean...? He does do all the things, some in the main timeline, some in different ones. There are bifurcation points, points in time that make one reality split into multiple ones. All the universes are tied but also independent.

The baptism is the 1st real point of splitting. So, by killing himself before it there can never be a Comstock, in any reality, the realities never split. The reason the other Annas disappear is because their realities are gone, over, because they were never even started.

Comstock never being there means Infinite never happened and Booker never gave Anna away, the epilogue.

That doesn't get explained at all.

The floating city and the tech they have is explained by the quantumleaping twins. It's their work.

So if he can travel into the future and all that jazz, why does he have to make war at all?

Why would he have to stop himself from being himself if he knows who he is and what he would and might do? It makes no sense!
    How could you not stop yourself from ruining yourself? How did was he even able to do it to begin with?

But if there are an infinite number of realities why is there only one point in which the baptism happens? That makes no sense either. Why would there only be one reality with one baptism? Time doesn't become less complicated and have less options in a multiverse just because we think its convenient to storytelling

I never understood how he was able to start doing all these things to begin with. Because the beginning of the game is one of his rift travels, right? How was he able to do that?

10+ Year Old Account

You have to view timelines as branches on a tree. All possible futures with Comstock begin with the baptism. In order to prevent Comstock, you have to prevent the baptism. This allows all the Bookers who rejetced the baptism to continue on unaffected. Its like the movie Mr. Destiny. The timeline is depicted as a branching tree, not infinite timelines running concurrently.

If you look in Comstock's office on the airship, you will see something similar on his blackboard, with different branching paths drawn and some crossed out. He has been very thoughtful in bringing in his own future by seeing whether other choices had lead alternative Comstocks.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    You have to view timelines as branches on a tree. All possible futures with Comstock begin with the baptism. In order to prevent Comstock, you have to prevent the baptism. This allows all the Bookers who rejetced the baptism to continue on unaffected. Its like the movie Mr. Destiny. The timeline is depicted as a branching tree, not infinite timelines running concurrently.

If you look in Comstock's office on the airship, you will see something similar on his blackboard, with different branching paths drawn and some crossed out. He has been very thoughtful in bringing in his own future by seeing whether other choices had lead alternative Comstocks.
    That's what I don't get. Why is there only one baptism? It's not like the actions that lead up the the baptism hadn't already branched in a bazillion ways up to that point. Wouldn't it logicly mean that there were a tremendous amount of baptisms that lead to different things?
    And why does being baptised make him a giant, racist asshole worse than Hitler?

Also, EVERYTHING that EVER happened in this game is cause and effect from the Lucete twins. EVERYTHING is their fault, literally.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what I don't get. Why is there only one baptism? It's not like the actions that lead up the the baptism hadn't already branched in a bazillion ways up to that point. Wouldn't it logicly mean that there were a tremendous amount of baptisms that lead to different things?
    And why does being baptised make him a giant, racist asshole worse than Hitler?

Also, EVERYTHING that EVER happened in this game is cause and effect from the Lucete twins. EVERYTHING is their fault, literally.
    The baptism was the catalyst, but it wasn't reason for Booker to become Comstock. In other timelines, I would assume Booker became Comstock as well. However, this specific incident turned him into the specific Comstock that was capable of finding, befriending, and coaxing Lucete's research. Branching off from this particular path there are surely other Comstocks who might not be so batshit insane, or at the very least less genocidal. However, in order to save the tree they had to sever the limb...and that limb's base was at Booker's baptism.

Blaming Lucete is interesting. Her research made things possible, but can you really place all the blame on her? Comstock ordered and pepetrated many of the horrors. His followers obeyed his orders. Booker created Comstock. Booker was a product of his choices at Wounded Knee. And so on and so forth. Who is truly to blame?

This game does a good job of raising a lot of questions and not providing you with 100% soapbox morality answers. You have to provide those yourselves, and hopefully that involves thinking and questioning what you believe.

The way I saw the baptism:

Is that all those Anna's were from their own timelines and they all converged into the one timeline, as did their corresponding Bookers. So when your Anna drowns you, the other Anna's are drowning their Booker as well. And since you've been gaining the memories of those other Bookers as you travel from one timeline to the next you are both the one Booker you've been and all the others at the same time.

Yeah, I know that's kind of confusing to follow but that's how I saw it.

10+ Year Old Account

That doesn't get explained at all.

The floating city and the tech they have is explained by the quantumleaping twins. It's their work.
    Yes, and they/Anna can bring back anything they want to. It's safe to say if they wanted to bring back weapons or anything else they could. They literally have everything at their disposal if they can find it and make it work.

-------So if he can travel into the future and all that jazz, why does he have to make war at all?----
    Traveling into the future isn't all of a sudden going to make Anna in control of everything. Comstock was a religious fanatic that hated the new America. He wanted a child to fulfill his wanting to destroy them. When he tortures Anna(and in a reality where Booker doesn't save her and give her the card she gives him from another reality) he breaks her and makes her into himself. She becomes a religious bigoted fanatic just like him.

---------Why would he have to stop himself from being himself if he knows who he is and what he would and might do? It makes no sense!
    How could you not stop yourself from ruining yourself? How did was he even able to do it to begin with?----
    I don't understand. He stops himself because this Booker didn't choose baptism. The baptism a constant, his choice a variable. He hates Comstock because he didn't take the baptism and become super religious and crazy like he had. He knows the only way to stop it is to kill himself before he has the chance, in any reality, to become him. He was able to do it because when the twins find the Booker that rejected the baptism and take him to Columbia, he meets Anna, learns the truth, and basically becomes self aware. Anna knows he has to die so they take him back to the constant to remove the chance for variables.

------But if there are an infinite number of realities why is there only one point in which the baptism happens? That makes no sense either. Why would there only be one reality with one baptism? Time doesn't become less complicated and have less options in a multiverse just because we think its convenient to storytelling ----
    The baptism is a bifurcation point. There are constants and variables, something they talk about multiple times. Some things are constants and unchanging. No matter what universe you are in they will absolutely always be the same. Some are variables and those different choices can branch of and make other realities. By killing Booker and thus killing/stopping a constant there can be no other variables when it comes to him/his choice.

Time travel isn't real....they made it up to fit their story obviously. But, it's not a plot hole, it's how their version of multiple realities work. Constants and variables.

-----I never understood how he was able to start doing all these things to begin with. Because the beginning of the game is one of his rift travels, right? How was he able to do that?-----
    The Twins see the mess they made and Comstock tries to 'kill them'. They go to Booker in multiple realities(they talk about it multiple times. As they're in the boat, when he flips the coin, so on) to try and fix what they created. They want to bring Anna back to her original world to try and stop Comstock.

lol, no easy way to hide spoilers tags in spoiler tags.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2013-05-23 at 07:49 PM.

Anna is there, providing Rift support.

[quote]Why wouldn't Booker simply tell himself who he was?[/quote]
    Comstock didn't care if he died for the cause. His death and the revelation would just push his daughter to the path he wanted her to take. He gained more by not saying, or at least lost nothing since he wouldn't live long enough anyway.

[quote]Why would he do all these things yet not do them?

How would killing him in one timeline suddenly change everything in ALL timelines?[/QUOTE]

The game makes a point that some things are constant and others change.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cambria View Post
    Yes, and they/Anna can bring back anything they want to. It's safe to say if they wanted to bring back weapons or anything else they could. They literally have everything at their disposal if they can find it and make it work.

-------So if he can travel into the future and all that jazz, why does he have to make war at all?----
    Traveling into the future isn't all of a sudden going to make Anna in control of everything. Comstock was a religious fanatic that hated the new America. He wanted a child to fulfill his wanting to destroy them. When he tortures Anna(and in a reality where Booker doesn't save her and give her the card she gives him from another reality) he breaks her and makes her into himself. She becomes a religious bigoted fanatic just like him.

---------Why would he have to stop himself from being himself if he knows who he is and what he would and might do? It makes no sense!
    How could you not stop yourself from ruining yourself? How did was he even able to do it to begin with?----
    I don't understand. He stops himself because this Booker didn't choose baptism. The baptism a constant, his choice a variable. He hates Comstock because he didn't take the baptism and become super religious and crazy like he had. He knows the only way to stop it is to kill himself before he has the chance, in any reality, to become him. He was able to do it because when the twins find the Booker that rejected the baptism and take him to Columbia, he meets Anna, learns the truth, and basically becomes self aware. Anna knows he has to die so they take him back to the constant to remove the chance for variables.

------But if there are an infinite number of realities why is there only one point in which the baptism happens? That makes no sense either. Why would there only be one reality with one baptism? Time doesn't become less complicated and have less options in a multiverse just because we think its convenient to storytelling ----
    The baptism is a bifurcation point. There are constants and variables, something they talk about multiple times. Some things are constants and unchanging. No matter what universe you are in they will absolutely always be the same. Some are variables and those different choices can branch of and make other realities. By killing Booker and thus killing/stopping a constant there can be no other variables when it comes to him/his choice.

Time travel isn't real....they made it up to fit their story obviously. But, it's not a plot hole, it's how their version of multiple realities work. Constants and variables.

-----I never understood how he was able to start doing all these things to begin with. Because the beginning of the game is one of his rift travels, right? How was he able to do that?-----
    The Twins see the mess they made and Comstock tries to 'kill them'. They go to Booker in multiple realities(they talk about it multiple times. As they're in the boat, when he flips the coin, so on) to try and fix what they created. They want to bring Anna back to her original world to try and stop Comstock.

lol, no easy way to hide spoilers tags in spoiler tags.
    So if she can bring back anything, why the hell did they still use freaking AIRSHIPS?
    Nothing from the part where they attack New York in the 80's imply they had superior weaponry, nothing at all.

I still think their way that they say time works doesn't make sense to me. Why would time revolve around the things WE do? An absurd notion.

So in essence this is all the twins fault. I mean literally everything that happens is their fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if she can bring back anything, why the hell did they still use freaking AIRSHIPS?
    Nothing from the part where they attack New York in the 80's imply they had superior weaponry, nothing at all.

You only see that scene for like, 2 seconds. We don't really get to see what they get or even really what's going on besides war.

[QUOTE]I still think their way that they say time works doesn't make sense to me. Why would time revolve around the things WE do? An absurd notion.[/QUOTE]

Time travel doesn't really make sense in any show/movie/game. But, it's not too far out there to think if someone from 200 years in the future comes back tomorrow that will definitely change everything past that point. The time point makes as much sense as time travel can, it's just the multiverse idea that's weird. I don't think it's absurd though, it's fantasy. It's not any more absurd that any other sci-fi/fantasy plot point.

[QUOTE]So in essence this is all the twins fault. I mean literally everything that happens is their fault. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, in the end, pretty much. 'They' are the ones that figured out tears and time travel. Comstock would have still be the same person, but he would never have been able to get Anna. That's why they want to fix it so bad in the end, they know it was their fault.

Guys.

Guys...

This is a story which involves multiple dimensions and time travel.

Yes, there will be one or two plot holes. It is impossible for it to all make complete sense.

But as far as they were able, they've done a pretty damn amazing job making it all make sense and tie into itself and wrap it up in a satisfying way.

Interpret it how you will, but if you can't look past some of the plot points to see the awesomeness of the game underneath, you're missing the point. It's not supposed to make perfect sense, because if it was, they wouldn't have tried to make it involve multiple dimensions and time travel.

That would just be silly.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Is Bioshock Infinite worth 60$?

Just a straight answer
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Honestly I'd wait for it to go down in price I have the game I loved it but its not worth 60 for the amount of playtime you get IMO.

Depends: if you think $60 is a worth while cost for an excellent, single play through game of about 20-30 hours, then yes.

Deleted
    i'd say no..

Was it worth it for me? Absolutely. Excellent game.

Will it be worth it for you? Impossible to answer. How much do you value $60? How much do you like this kind of game? Etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Just a straight answer
    Yes.

10characters

I'm gonna wait for the inevitable Steam sale in few months.