Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

You know, this is one of those games that I have remarkably never seen one person with a genuine opinion ever badmouth, and that is astonishing.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Deleted
    Is any game worth 60 $? Bioshock is a AAA, good graphics, good story, decent combat, not much to say. Go watch a review.

Deleted
    You can get a cheap steam key on g2play or some other sites like that (32 bucks on g2play right now).
    Last edited by mmoc68ceb3652c; 2013-05-24 at 03:13 PM.

If your fiscally conservative, then no. The game will lower in price in the near future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    You know, this is one of those games that I have remarkably never seen one person with a genuine opinion ever badmouth, and that is astonishing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwuYhCgQWOc pretty harsh with actaul analitics of why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch the review totalbiscuit did, i totally agree with what he said, its an awesome story , and as a story its perfect, as a game it lacks in quite a few things namely combat which is one of the main things of the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Depends: if you think $60 is a worth while cost for an excellent, single play through game of about 20-30 hours, then yes.
    A great game yes, but 20-30 hours wut? Took me 7 hours and i explored most places.

I would say no. It was a great game and I don't regret buying it, but it only took me around 12 hours to beat the game on Hard (and that's with me exploring every nook and cranny), so I kind of wish that I had waited until it had gone on sale before buying it because of how short it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafax View Post
    Watch the review totalbiscuit did, i totally agree with what he said, its an awesome story , and as a story its perfect, as a game it lacks in quite a few things namely combat which is one of the main things of the game.
    The combat is betteer (imo) than bioshock 1+2. For me i was happy with it. Could be better though ofcourse, but still it's not as bad as a lot of poorly ported games that come out still.

Deleted
    If you can live with the combat that gets boring after a while and a quite linear world, yes. The story and atmosphere in the game alone are worth the €50 to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    The combat is betteer (imo) than bioshock 1+2. For me i was happy with it.
    It is better yes; but is still far behind a lot of other AAA games.

It does feel very much on rails. I'm still waiting for the true System Shock 2 experience to be revitalized.

A great game yes, but 20-30 hours wut? Took me 7 hours and i explored most places.
    Took me around 27-28 hours to finish the game on the harder difficult (forget the name,) and I collected everything and finished the achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafax View Post
    Or is it? Many people I know have argued (and correctly IMO) that the game is in fact NOT about the combat, but about the story. For some of my friends, who love shooters in general, the combat was even annoying at times because they wanted story.

It is, or it is not for you, but I believe this was a deliberate decision. For me, it was perfect. While I can be okay with an abundance of combat even though the story is very good too (Mass Effect, for example), the whole setting of this game just wouldn't support it. As it was, for me, the combat served as an intermezzo and a break to wrap my head around what I'd seen and heard, and as a way to enforce the story, rather than having the story support the combat.

Of course, there were some flaws. No game is perfect, but this is not the topic for it.

In short, to answer OP's question: while 60 dollar is expensive, I believe it to be worth it for Bioshock. I borrowed the game from a friend, but I may just buy it just to support the company. It was a pretty good game. I also spent 30-40 hours on the game, but I guess this also depends on difficulty and skill. I played on normal and I suck, and I have the habit to explore every nook and cranny.

10+ Year Old Account

Finish a game =/= complete a game.

All depends on what type gamer you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    Finish a game =/= complete a game.

All depends on what type gamer you are.
    I don't tend to replay a game, unless there is a completely different experience provided by doing so. (or expanded story archs)

Edit: I just thought I'd clarify my opinion. Probably not worth $60. Worth buying when on sale, or price drop though.

Deleted
    For 60, no. I'd say 40 is more in line with the actual gaming experience. As a piece of story telling I'd be willing to bump it to 50, just because the story is so good.

The combat is boring, really boring. Abilities are almost pointless except at max level difficulty. You just spam shock jockey and win. The weapons are boring at best, you've got some minor alterations later on but they're just not worth their built in downsides. The boss fights, what boss fights? The level design is visually stunning, but really repetitive in terms of gameplay. Go to this arena, kill everyone, some story, repeat.

BSI was a great game for me because I loved the story. But I've played better $30 games in terms of gameplay.

15+ Year Old Account
    i ended up red boxing it took about 3 days to beat it so i wouldnt pay $60 for it its a great game but im getting away from buying games anymore
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together