Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Wow....

Just tried SWTOR after 6 months absence in it's F2P format and my god what rhubarb! If you're going to go F2P atleast do it like GW2... Payed features for minute additions! The amount of restrictions F2P has is absurd... I don't think Bioware actually give two shits about their game. It's actually made me I spent £11 pre-ordering their expansion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Wow....

Just tried SWTOR after 6 months absence in it's F2P format and my god what rhubarb! If you're going to go F2P atleast do it like GW2... Payed features for minute additions! The amount of restrictions F2P has is absurd... I don't think Bioware actually give two shits about their game. It's actually made me I spent £11 pre-ordering their expansion
    Buy some unlocks off the GTN. Nearly all restrictions can be 'fixed' with GTN purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Buy some unlocks off the GTN. Nearly all restrictions can be 'fixed' with GTN purchases.
    Account wide unlocks are broken.

Most of the unlocks sell for more credits than the F2P is allowed.

A lot of the issues you can't buy with unlocks either (you need to sub): Sprint, Quest Rewards, etc.............

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    1) Account wide unlocks are broken.

2) Most of the unlocks sell for more credits than the F2P is allowed.

3) A lot of the issues you can't buy with unlocks either (you need to sub): Sprint, Quest Rewards, etc.............
    1) Temporary surely. I'd imagine it's a very high priority bug fix. I'd hope so at least.

2) Depends on the server. On mine for example most unlocks are under the 350k cap.

3) adam86shadow is a prefered status account. What issues will he/she have apart from the currently bugged unlocks?
    http://www.swtor.com/free/features
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2012-12-30 at 06:37 PM.

1) Temporary surely. I'd imagine it's a very high priority bug fix. I'd hope so at least.

2) Depends on the server. On mine for example most unlocks are under the 350k cap.

3) adam86shadow is a prefered status account. What issues will he/she have apart from the currently bugged unlocks?
    http://www.swtor.com/free/features
    1.) LOL. I'll disagree. It affects F2P more than Subs. With how their support and development is, it'll take forever.

2.) Most of the "normal" unlocks aren't too badly priced, like: Display title, legacy name, etc. Those are around 70-150k. But stuff like Unify Color, hide helm, epic equipment, crafting unlocks, sell for 400k+.

3.) As preferred, its not "too" bad. But, after hitting 50 and finishing your story, there is simply nothing to do. The 3 space missions are done in 10 minutes for the week, the 5 PVP battles are done in an hour, and what point is to do dailies when you can't equip any of the gear it gives out?

Setting the 2 character limit on Preferred was dumb. Because most preferreds probably had 1+ 50's already or other higher level toons. The only thing to do was to make an alt, which you cannot do.

I think the main issue will be even if you go through all the trouble to patch the f2p version into a decent state you will have to subscribe to do end game ... which will negate all the work you put into unlocking the f2p.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

So many flame threads I took part in months ago. So many people posting here now about their disappointment that only 6 months ago, were defending it like their lives depended on it. No offense meant, but there should be a big sign that said "We told you so" posted in this thread.

I'm honestly not surprised the game turned out the way it did. When the only thing to do once you hit 50 was to raid EV/KP, or pvp in the 1 BG (I dont count the other 2, because huttball popped 99% of the time), you could tell that the game wasn't going anywhere.

I've honestly lost faith in the mmo genre. GW2 is a great game, but after capping all character slots with lvl 80 fully exoticed characters, I cant find much to do other than WvW maybe once or twice a week. I'm not looking forward to ESO until its proven itself. Everquest 3, knowing Sony's history, is going to be another flop.

I'd kill for a Shadowbane 2, or a Daoc 2.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woodydave44 View Post
    I've honestly lost faith in the mmo genre. GW2 is a great game, but after capping all character slots with lvl 80 fully exoticed characters, I cant find much to do other than WvW maybe once or twice a week.
    Your criticism/opinion is fine, but the state of the genre is distorted by your incredible amount of play time. Do something else, go play other games. No company is really going to tailor games to someone like you who either spends far too much time playing or is far too focused where you burn through content.

You can't please everyone, but it's the hardest to please people like you. That is the last person they even consider when designing anything. So while I agree SWTOR is lacking, I can tell from your explanation that you wouldn't be satisfied with anything they could have offered at this point.

I also quit playing because of lack of content, but I think you are viewing the whole genre in a pretty biased view. Which is of course fine, but you aren't helping yourself basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    1.) LOL. I'll disagree. It affects F2P more than Subs. With how their support and development is, it'll take forever.

2.) Most of the "normal" unlocks aren't too badly priced, like: Display title, legacy name, etc. Those are around 70-150k. But stuff like Unify Color, hide helm, epic equipment, crafting unlocks, sell for 400k+.

3.) As preferred, its not "too" bad. But, after hitting 50 and finishing your story, there is simply nothing to do. The 3 space missions are done in 10 minutes for the week, the 5 PVP battles are done in an hour, and what point is to do dailies when you can't equip any of the gear it gives out?

Setting the 2 character limit on Preferred was dumb. Because most preferreds probably had 1+ 50's already or other higher level toons. The only thing to do was to make an alt, which you cannot do.
    1) i seriously hope you're wrong on this, but at the same time i don't expect you to be wrong. especially due to the fact that non subs (including preferred) are DENIED customer support, so that account wide epic gear authorization you got? yeah you are not allowed to report that what you payed money for did not work.

2) yeah i'm seeing something similar here too (at least it's gone away from the 1mill for bank access)

3) i have yet to reach 50 so im not going to comment on that part

as for the character slots, they are supposed to upgrade that to 6 for preferred in some future patch (better be soon, cause i just got a craving to make a jedi consular)
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    1) i seriously hope you're wrong on this, but at the same time i don't expect you to be wrong. especially due to the fact that non subs (including preferred) are DENIED customer support, so that account wide epic gear authorization you got? yeah you are not allowed to report that what you payed money for did not work.

2) yeah i'm seeing something similar here too (at least it's gone away from the 1mill for bank access)

3) i have yet to reach 50 so im not going to comment on that part

as for the character slots, they are supposed to upgrade that to 6 for preferred in some future patch (better be soon, cause i just got a craving to make a jedi consular)
    Ya, denying customer support to only paid subs is idiotic. Like I said in another post, I have an unlimited trial 20 in WOW, and I get amazing customer support. I'm not a fan of WOW anymore either, but their customer support is the best in the MMO world and ALL other MMO's should strive to be as good as theirs.

I have 3 F2P accounts (1 preferred, 2 normal). I always wanted to see the Republic side, so I made 2 accounts to play the stories. Theirs really nothing to do on my Preferred until I can get a Epic Equipment Unlock or they increase the # of toons to 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Your criticism/opinion is fine, but the state of the genre is distorted by your incredible amount of play time. Do something else, go play other games. No company is really going to tailor games to someone like you who either spends far too much time playing or is far too focused where you burn through content.

You can't please everyone, but it's the hardest to please people like you. That is the last person they even consider when designing anything. So while I agree SWTOR is lacking, I can tell from your explanation that you wouldn't be satisfied with anything they could have offered at this point.

I also quit playing because of lack of content, but I think you are viewing the whole genre in a pretty biased view. Which is of course fine, but you aren't helping yourself basically.

You're acting like I spend a lot of my daily time playing mmo's. Considering the amount of time required to lvl to 80 in GW2 is about 8 hours played if done right.....yeah.

They could absolutely satisfy me. Problem is, 9 out of 10 mmos released is a copy and paste of WoW with a different theme. They are becoming to casual to the point where my 6 year old nephew can level out a maxed character in the newer games in less than a month. Games these days in general lack any kind of challenge, because even the mention of that word sends the player base into a frenzy. You wont be seeing things like daocs RR system, EQ1's AA system, or even aoc/SB/swg sandbox style systems anymore, as anything that requires a player to think is considered a loss in revenue.

I used to spend late hours on a shadowbane character creator until the last day the game was still active. I spent countless months on daocs spell crafting simulator as I leveled the character in plan for endgame...

Even WoW eliminated any kind of though process to customizing a character.

That is why you have mmo tourists... Because they will consume what they are told to before moving on to repeat the process, leaving the game to shut down soon after. This applies to games in general, which is why we receive a new CoD every year.

The publishers dont care as they have already received their money, leaving great developers like bioware on their death beds.
    Last edited by woodydave44; 2012-12-31 at 08:56 PM.

Deleted
    You're acting like I spend a lot of my daily time playing mmo's. Considering the amount of time required to lvl to 80 in GW2 is about 8 hours played if done right.....yeah.
    No, that's impossible UNLESS you follow a strict levelling guide. I'm 3 weeks in GW2 with 5 characters (highest lvl 24) and I play roughly 10 hours a week. It's simple, rush to the end = bored quicker. So no, no MMORPG would satisfy you because you rush through content designed at a slower. If you really reached lvl 80 in less than a day then you're 1% of the playerbase. Majority take a few months to reach max level. The only MMORPG that would satisfy you is one that takes the average gamer a year to reach max level and g'luck selling that

No, that's impossible UNLESS you follow a strict levelling guide. I'm 3 weeks in GW2 with 5 characters (highest lvl 24) and I play roughly 10 hours a week. It's simple, rush to the end = bored quicker. So no, no MMORPG would satisfy you because you rush through content designed at a slower. If you really reached lvl 80 in less than a day then you're 1% of the playerbase. Majority take a few months to reach max level. The only MMORPG that would satisfy you is one that takes the average gamer a year to reach max level and g'luck selling that
    I actually played my first 2 characters doing the normal leveling path. These took about a month each. I managed to get lucky with the AH and was able to make shit tons of gold. I then crafted my way to 80 on 3 other characters for WvW purposes...which takes an hour per 10 levels. If you brows reddit, it was posted a few months ago that its possible to do it in 4 hours simply from crafting.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...peed_up_video/

GW2 problem? Absolutely no endgame progression. This isnt really a bad thing. I consider it the only mmo that you can beat the game until the next expansion. I log on for events and such, but it lacks longevity as the only real challenge the game offers is grinding enough cash for those awesome skins you may want.

Also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4gyU2Gfygk

and this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...80_in_8_hours/

Sorry, try again.
    Last edited by woodydave44; 2012-12-31 at 09:20 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I then crafted my way to 80 on 3 other characters for WvW purposes...which takes an hour per 10 levels. If you brows reddit, it was posted a few months ago that its possible to do it in 4 hours simply from crafting.
    *snip*
    Sorry, try again.
    Let me requote myself:
    No company is really going to tailor games to someone like you who either spends far too much time playing or is far too focused where you burn through content
    You basically bypassed the entire game and now you are complaining about nothing to do? I think the world's smallest violin is being polished for performance as we speak. I stand by my claim that you are the last person game companies develop for and your dissatisfaction is your own doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually played my first 2 characters doing the normal leveling path. These took about a month each. I managed to get lucky with the AH and was able to make shit tons of gold. I then crafted my way to 80 on 3 other characters for WvW purposes...which takes an hour per 10 levels. If you brows reddit, it was posted a few months ago that its possible to do it in 4 hours simply from crafting.
    you powerleveled yourself to 80 by crafting then you proceed to complain that there is nothing to do... do you see the huge gap in logic there? there will always be ways to boost you characters up to max level insanely fast, but the ones who do so get burnt out FAST. so really complaining that there was nothing to do is your own damn fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

I actually played my first 2 characters doing the normal leveling path. These took about a month each.
    They could absolutely satisfy me. Problem is, 9 out of 10 mmos released is a copy and paste of WoW with a different theme. They are becoming to casual to the point where my 6 year old nephew can level out a maxed character in the newer games in less than a month. Games these days in general lack any kind of challenge, because even the mention of that word sends the player base into a frenzy. You wont be seeing things like daocs RR system, EQ1's AA system, or even aoc/SB/swg sandbox style systems anymore, as anything that requires a player to think is considered a loss in revenue.

I used to spend late hours on a shadowbane character creator until the last day the game was still active. I spent countless months on daocs spell crafting simulator as I leveled the character in plan for endgame...
    Are you two just choosing to ignore these pieces in order to reinforce your imaginary argument?

Or are you admitting that gw2 is an alt game with no endgame progression?
    Last edited by woodydave44; 2013-01-01 at 11:31 AM.

Deleted
    Are you two just choosing to ignore these pieces in order to reinforce your imaginary argument?

Or are you admitting that gw2 is an alt game with no endgame progression?
    No, your argument was MMORPGs are too short. Our response was 'DUH' of course it's short if you power level. Said players that claim to hit max level in a weekend are a minority that the company didn't cater for nor care for. It's like somebody who can beat a Rubiks Cube in 1 minute complaining it's too easy

No, your argument was MMORPGs are too short. Our response was 'DUH' of course it's short if you power level. Said players that claim to hit max level in a weekend are a minority that the company didn't cater for nor care for. It's like somebody who can beat a Rubiks Cube in 1 minute complaining it's too easy
    I actually played my first 2 characters doing the normal leveling path. These took about a month each.
    I'll keep quoting this so you see it.

And this, because you are technically agreeing with me

Last edited by woodydave44; 2013-01-01 at 05:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokonorb View Post
    The game doesn't halt you at every quest giver to go through some canned lines, you have a choice of where to level, areas aren't static and void of life, you're not met with instanced areas all around you that stops you because you're the wrong class. Could be some things.
    Its halt you if you dont care about it, but if you try to involve with the story it doesnt halt. Every planet has it own story even if it often is about to conquer the planet from the other side. I guess its a subjective thing if you like it or not.
    Ye its got less choice where to level then wow, but thats not really strange since SWTOR has a class story, which wow dont. For me its no different to level in wow at place A or place B when none of them engage you with a story, its the same boring stuff.
    Not sure what you mean with static areas, because for me its the other way around. Wow is extremely static because it doesnt have different type of mobs anymore like vanilla. For me what makes a world dynamic is the amount of dangerous mobs around. Nowadays wow have basically no elites or cool mobs around. SWTOR has strong, elites, champion and bosses in the open world.
    Void of life, i dont know what server you played on but i dont think its a big different if you take into account that wow has alot more players. For example the new daily area in swtor is overcrowded like hell, just like wow, you have people thats ask for group all the time and also the inevitable wait for quest items to pop up again. When they merged all the servers, the english pve server which i played on, every planet is filled with people, i had no problem finding people to group up with.
    You kinda exaggerate with that class instances imo, if a town have 20 houses you can enter its like 2 houses you cant enter, its not a big deal.

Also people that call swtor closed, well thats not strange either because swtor have like 10 planets or something, obviously its not gonna feel open like wow did in vanilla which had 2 "planets" kalimdor and eastern kingdom. Wow would have felt exactly the same if it had 10 worlds rather then 2 at release. Hoth for example have zero walls basically so cant be more open then that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaker View Post
    Its halt you if you dont care about it, but if you try to involve with the story it doesnt halt.
    Hate to break it to you but there' no extrordinary story to try and involve yourself in, it's the same "oh lord I'm an incompetent twat who despite having access to laser technology can't handle a bunch of animals, please kill them for me" to which you respons "harhar I break beast necks in my sleep" (because that's what you always say).

Every planet has it own story even if it often is about to conquer the planet from the other side. I guess its a subjective thing if you like it or not.
    Ye its got less choice where to level then wow, but thats not really strange since SWTOR has a class story, which wow dont.
    That's, no excuse for the extremely one sided leveling options. GW2 apparently has story quests that differ in location for each race, yet they have multiple leveling zones. Guess they have alien or future technology at their disposal that make them able to do what hundreds of millions could not do for SWTOR.

For me its no different to level in wow at place A or place B when none of them engage you with a story, its the same boring stuff.
    And SWTOR is no different, except they make you punch through canned lines to get your quest first.

Not sure what you mean with static areas, because for me its the other way around.
    So you're not sure what I mean but you know it's the other way around. Sounds very credible.

Wow is extremely static because it doesnt have different type of mobs anymore like vanilla. For me what makes a world dynamic is the amount of dangerous mobs around. Nowadays wow have basically no elites or cool mobs around. SWTOR has strong, elites, champion and bosses in the open world.
    Yeah, and they're not dangerous in SWTOR either unless you're incompetent. WoW's mobs patrol, they do things, wildlife attacks critters etc. SWTOR is mannequin city.

Void of life, i dont know what server you played on but i dont think its a big different if you take into account that wow has alot more players. For example the new daily area in swtor is overcrowded like hell, just like wow, you have people thats ask for group all the time and also the inevitable wait for quest items to pop up again. When they merged all the servers, the english pve server which i played on, every planet is filled with people, i had no problem finding people to group up with.
    You kinda exaggerate with that class instances imo, if a town have 20 houses you can enter its like 2 houses you cant enter, its not a big deal.
    Wow, you have really no clue about anything do you? Players have fuckall to do with it, they're void of life because NPC's do not roam, they do not do anything!

Also people that call swtor closed, well thats not strange either because swtor have like 10 planets or something, obviously its not gonna feel open like wow did in vanilla which had 2 "planets" kalimdor and eastern kingdom. Wow would have felt exactly the same if it had 10 worlds rather then 2 at release. Hoth for example have zero walls basically so cant be more open then that.
    So you're equaling an SWTOR "planet" to a WoW continent, you could not be more wrong. Just because you call them planets doesn't make them grander or bigger, they're pretty much nothing more than zones under a different name. But what you're saying is still beyond any sane logic, which is that SWTOR is so linear because it has so many "planets", how does cause and effect come into this? And it's clearly not true since WoW had a large amount of "planets" (zones) as it was released.

It's outright laughable how you can even remotely compare an SWTOR planet to a continent in WoW or just about any MMO.