Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Lich King 25 Heroic - Is it soloable/duoable yet?

I know it's been solo'd on 10man mode so far but can it be done on 25man as well? And if not, how about a duo kill?
    I'm interested in trying at some point but I don't play a "solo" class, I'm a shadowpriest. I do have a monk friend willing to help me out however, thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been soloed in 25men mode by a level 80 Death Knight. I suppose it could be duo-ed, but it'd take time to get things right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solo SP, no way. Or even duo.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    It's been soloed in 25men mode by a level 80 Death Knight. I suppose it could be duo-ed, but it'd take time to get things right.
    That was not heroic. And even then he got nearly enrage - and LK has around 40 million more life on HC.

Let's see, a lvl 80 dk soloing 25 man endgame lvl 80 content... yeah... I guess you mean lvl 85 but still he hasn't been killed in that either. A lvl 90 dps + healer could do the job nowadays I suppose if they're good geared. I'd go with a disc priest and a dk.
    Specs: I5 3570K - GTX 670 - 8 gb ram
    My youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/aldrashan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldrashan View Post
    Let's see, a lvl 80 dk soloing 25 man endgame lvl 80 content... yeah... I guess you mean lvl 85 but still he hasn't been killed in that either. A lvl 90 dps + healer could do the job nowadays I suppose if they're good geared. I'd go with a disc priest and a dk.
    No, he meant a lvl 80 soloing 25 man LK normal. In MoP gear.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Bet Solo is easier than Duo due alot of mechanics like valkyrs ( they dont grab the one that has aggro aka tank)

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be doable by next tier. Currently, there just isn't enough gear out to do it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 09:21 PM ----------

Has has been mentioned before me, yes, a lvl 80, EIGHTY, not 85, solod LK 25 normal. He was almost capable of avoiding all hits (shy about 20%) and had enormous haste/crit/mastery/hit/expertise bonuses.

Multiple lvl 85s solod LK 10 heroic, thus showing that LK 25 heroic is a gear check rather then a hard fight.

LK 25 heroic is DEFINETLY duoable right now. Depending on the second person's class (If hes a druid, warrior, hunter, ect), he can help to shave anywhere from 2 mins to reduce the time completion by half for the fight. If he cant survive Valk's by himself during phase 2 via teleports/leaps/ect, he shaves 2 mins off for phase 1 and transition.

The first solos will come out probably after the next 2 raids come out. These will be done by EXCELLENT solo-ers, such as Raegwynn/Mionelol, and will probably require acquiring enormous amounts of vengeance by tanking the adds for the majority of the fight, or something (Maybe standing in Defile alot)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Some DK soloed heroic 10 at 80. Heroic 25 might be using it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    That was not heroic. And even then he got nearly enrage - and LK has around 40 million more life on HC.
    I'd have to say 40M more health is somewhat irrelevant when my level 87 (!) Afflock is able to kill a 1.1M health target in 40 seconds or less - without properly using my rotation. Yeah, I'm lazy while leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    I know that's not heroic, but if a level 80 can solo 25men mode, it's just a matter of time until someone at level 90 clears it solo/duo.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2012-10-16 at 02:39 PM.

Deleted
    I know that's not heroic, but if a level 80 can solo 25men mode, it's just a matter of time until someone at level 90 clears it solo/duo.
    At 80 you get tons more vengeance and your stats scale to extreme lengths with items that have the same ilvl as heroic DS gear. But yes, it will be soloed at one point in MoP

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies everyone, we'll give it a few shots on 25 heroic later today and see how it goes. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Solo SP, no way. Or even duo.
    You even know what you be talking about? Solo isn't doable for sure, however, duoable is quite possible IF the friend is a Brewmaster monk.

Current strat- Phase 1, Spriest burn the boss down while the monk picks up the adds. Spriest will get diseased, monk is in charge of curing diseases. After first one, Move out of shadow traps. Monk will need to keep track of the diseased add, and make sure there is another add between the monk and the spriest. Should there be only 1 add left , slow, and roll FAR away to prevent the monk from getting disease.

First plague should have killed the adds during first transition. Spriest should continue to dps the boss and take out orbs, while the monk tanks the adds. Liberal usage of Chi Wave and self heals is needed during this phase.

Second transition greatly depends on whether or not valks pick up same target in a row. If they do, Spriest will die and monk will continue the fight alone. Fortunately, if the Spriest can manage 100k (Should be able to with decent gear and the 30% buff) phase 2 will be very short. If the Spriest is made of awesomeness and can pull the full 130k in this fight during transition phase, you may not need to worry about phase 2, or phase 3 at all. Should Spriest not be awesome, Move out of defiles, make sure to have Guard up for each Soul Reaper, use CJL on spirits while in Frostmourne, collect loots.

The main difficulty for this fight will come from the Raging Spirits during the Transition phase combined with the 5k dot during the transition phase. Have to be topped off asap before Infest comes out. Infest will cap at 30k damage per second, but that amount is not healable without a dedicated healer, or a paladin. Spriest may want to use Vampiric Embrace at the end of each transition to make sure both players are topped off. (Rolling Renew+PoM should keep health at manageable levels during transition phase, I.E Prevent horrible deaths)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Any plate tank level 80 can solo Baleroc 25HM. I'm still waiting to see a warprot level 90 solo Baleroc 10NM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    You even know what you be talking about? Solo isn't doable for sure, however, duoable is quite possible IF the friend is a Brewmaster monk.

-snip-
    'cept the valks pickup 3 targets in 25 man mode so they'd pick up the priest and monk and game over?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balmazer View Post
    'cept the valks pickup 3 targets in 25 man mode so they'd pick up the priest and monk and game over?
    Not the monk, maintank cant get picked up.

Level 80 prot pala soloed LK 25 HC not very long ago, pretty sure it got some publicity somewhere.
    Also DKs should be able to do it as lvl 90 now, if they control undead on the scientist before Putricide atleast.

Deleted
    2 manned as double blood DK, neither of us got picked up by the Valks.
    Last edited by mmoc4a86bc712e; 2012-12-16 at 06:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Any plate tank level 80 can solo Baleroc 25HM. I'm still waiting to see a warprot level 90 solo Baleroc 10NM.
    Not true, only death knight tanks can get the required avoidances.

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Not true, only death knight tanks can get the required avoidances.
    Hmmm, wasn't it possible before they "fix" the carac. on some 409 items?
    They just have a different weapon enchant, haven't they? Or the scale factors are not the same?

Even though, can't you reach ~120% avoidance and kill it with a bit of RNG, or are you really far from the cap?
    Last edited by Senen; 2012-12-16 at 03:17 PM.