Deleted

Best Class for pvp in MoP?

So i was just wondering what are the strongest clases for PVP, because im starting WoW again in xmas and my main class was DK at end of Cata, but i have heard that DK:s aren't doing so great if you compare them to some OP clases. So please tell your opinion on this and describe why they are good in pvp and are they still fun to play or something like that. (sorry if my english isn't good)

first things first... dont go with FoTM, you will be greatly disappointing as soon as you are nailed in the face with the Legendary Blizzard Nerf Bat. I would suggest going with a class you want to go with. Each class has good and bad qualities. Due to a imbalance, there are some classes that are OP *ATM* but will not be for too much longer, so that is why I would not go with the "strongest class"

If you want a strong class, break them down by type for DPS:

Casters/Ranged
    Mage > SPriest/Lock/Hunter > Boomchicken > Shaman

Melee
    Warrior........................> Dk > Paladin > Monk......................................> Rogue

Healing
    Shaman > RDruid > Paladin > Monk > .........................................Disc/Holy Priest

Many changes regarding balance are coming in 5.2 which is only a few months away, from what is being eluded, it will likely be 4 months after the release of 5.1.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKEJR View Post
    So i was just wondering what are the strongest clases for PVP, because im starting WoW again in xmas and my main class was DK at end of Cata, but i have heard that DK:s aren't doing so great if you compare them to some OP clases. So please tell your opinion on this and describe why they are good in pvp and are they still fun to play or something like that. (sorry if my english isn't good)
    The top 2 overpowered specs right now are feral druid and shadow priest. Melee cleaves are dominating now after the healing and mage nerfs, if you want to faceroll play a feral. They are ridiculously OP.

The list above by Avada is laughable. I don't know what bracket he's playing, but that doesn't represent whats happening in the upper echelons of ACTIVE play on bg9. Mages aren't dog crap now after the nerfs, but they're nowhere near as good and they definitely are not the #1 caster. That would be shadow priest. Moonkin is also very good, but they are weak versus melee (and godmode versus other casters) Double melee cleaves, KFC, any shaman/shadow priest/x comps are the best right now.

I suggest watching streams by good players such as vanguards, veev, talbadar, to get an idea of what real arena play is like. What avada said is not it. Warriors aren't the best melee, although they're still good. Mages are not the best caster any longer. Shamans are still very good, but die to kitty cleave (although EVERYONE dies to kitty cleave)

There is a big divide between what backpeddling 1500 players in random bg's think is overpowered and what is really overpowered. 1500 players that don't know what they're doing will probably whine about mages and warriors because that's all they see in random bg's. Those are definitely not the 2 most OP specs in arena/RBG's, however - especially after the mage nerfs - mages got hit very hard and are far behind spriests now.
    Last edited by velnis; 2012-12-20 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    first things first... dont go with FoTM, you will be greatly disappointing as soon as you are nailed in the face with the Legendary Blizzard Nerf Bat. I would suggest going with a class you want to go with. Each class has good and bad qualities. Due to a imbalance, there are some classes that are OP *ATM* but will not be for too much longer, so that is why I would not go with the "strongest class"

If you want a strong class, break them down by type for DPS:

Casters/Ranged
    Mage > SPriest/Lock/Hunter > Boomchicken > Shaman

Melee
    Warrior........................> Dk > Paladin > Monk......................................> Rogue

Healing
    Shaman > RDruid > Paladin > Monk > .........................................Disc/Holy Priest

Many changes regarding balance are coming in 5.2 which is only a few months away, from what is being eluded, it will likely be 4 months after the release of 5.1.
    that's all fine and dandy (although i would argue your positioning of pallies after the healing nerf) but here is why it doesn't matter:

geared class>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>your toon trying to start this late in the season

never in my experience of playing wow has gear between my main and my alt been so much. It's ridiculous. First off you are going to spend 4 weeks doing NOTHING without a weapon thanks to the PvP power change. but even then people will outgear you so much dont expect to get out of the 1700 bracket no matter how good you are. personally I generally a duelist each season on 4-5 different alts, now i cant get them anywhere cuz they hit like a wet noodle.

PS - Blizzard i hate you for this it's freaking ridiculous

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    im pritty sure locks are better then mages atm in high end a mage is just an annoying thing there to CC while the lock does the damage lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by velnis View Post
    The top 2 overpowered specs right now are feral druid and shadow priest. Melee cleaves are dominating now after the healing and mage nerfs, if you want to faceroll play a feral. They are ridiculously OP.

The list above by Avada is laughable. I don't know what bracket he's playing, but that doesn't represent whats happening in the upper echelons of ACTIVE play on bg9. Mages aren't dog crap now after the nerfs, but they're nowhere near as good and they definitely are not the #1 caster. That would be shadow priest. Moonkin is also very good, but they are weak versus melee (and godmode versus other casters) Double melee cleaves, KFC, any shaman/shadow priest/x comps are the best right now.

I suggest watching streams by good players such as vanguards, veev, talbadar, to get an idea of what real arena play is like. What avada said is not it. Warriors aren't the best melee, although they're still good. Mages are not the best caster any longer. Shamans are still very good, but die to kitty cleave (although EVERYONE dies to kitty cleave)

There is a big divide between what backpeddling 1500 players (ie idiots) think is overpowered and what is really overpowered. 1500 players that don't know what they're doing will probably whine about mages and warriors because that's all they see in random bg's. Those are definitely not the 2 most OP specs in arena/RBG's, however - especially after the mage nerfs - mages got hit very hard and are far behind spriests now.

Obviously I am not talking about super high end. If he is just coming back to the game, this late in the season, rolling a new character...you would think that would have been evident. But in case it wasnt, I spelled it out for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by velnis View Post

There is a big divide between what backpeddling 1500 players in random bg's think is overpowered and what is really overpowered. 1500 players that don't know what they're doing will probably whine about mages and warriors because that's all they see in random bg's. Those are definitely not the 2 most OP specs in arena/RBG's, however - especially after the mage nerfs - mages got hit very hard and are far behind spriests now.
    I feel sorry for this person

10+ Year Old Account
    "Help Me Choose My Class" threads aren't allowed here. You can do the research yourself by looking at threads in the PvP forum, the class forums, and checking out guides like Noxxic.com.