Page 13 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    We likely won't ever see it. One of the main reasons warlocks received the flashy changes was because they were the second to least represented class in game, rogues being the least.
    /rant
    Ye but is that really mages fault? I had a Rogue as another main for a long time in WoW, basicly from vanilla till late WotLK.. And its Blizzard that fucked up Rogues in such way the past 2-3 years, that who would really like to play a class that is getting shat on all the time.. And when I before constantly raided and pvp'd on my Rogue, I havent even touched it in the past 3 years.. Though it just might be that with all the changes they have gotten in past few months and them finally nerfing Blade Flurry so they can finally buff combat's single target.. My Rogue is looking like its gonna be my new main, if Mages keep getting dicked on by Blizzard and Frost ends up as the only viable progress spec in 5.2..

/rant off

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Blizzard is woefully incompetent with Balance. They have great programming, quest, and content teams, but it's systems team, headed by the infamous Ghostcrawler, seems pretty inept.
    I just want to point out that class balance was FAAARRRRRRR worse in the time BEFORE GC got hired. Do people seriously forget how unbalanced things were in Vanilla and TBC? Or do they just assume that GC has been with the game since the start?
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    People just need someone or something at which they can direct their rage. Ghostcrawler is Blizzard's frontman in this case. It's human. Stupid, true, but human.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    I just want to point out that class balance was FAAARRRRRRR worse in the time BEFORE GC got hired. Do people seriously forget how unbalanced things were in Vanilla and TBC? Or do they just assume that GC has been with the game since the start?
    /signed.

Though got to remember here that most current players prolly started in wotlk or cata.. There are fairly few of the TBC players and even less Vanilla players left.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    So while the Deep Freeze nerf looks terrifying for PvP, we'll probably be compensated in some way. Also remember, these are just preliminary DATAMINED PTR notes.
    You were compensated already.. no ramp-up on Frostbolt damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    You were compensated already.. no ramp-up on Frostbolt damage.
    If everyone and their brother wouldnt have interupts in the game, it might be so, but frankly frostbolt buff will be fairly useless, Its a bigger buff for PvE than PvP

Being Blizzard's fall guy is his job and I don't envy him one bit.

Why is everyone talking about a Deep Freeze nerf? That's only in the datamined patch notes. The Blue patch notes that are on the front page don't say anything about Deep being nerfed. Where are people still getting this from then?

15+ Year Old Account
    Huh...he's right, but still, 5.2 isn't on PTR yet so there's no need to freak about changes just yet.
    BfA Beta Time

The proposed changes arent what worry me its the unannounced hotfixes that will come just after 5.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    I don't want to say we need something like KJC, since that is a distinctly Warlock-y spell, but given that mages rely on mobility even more than locks, something to increase our mobility would help. I argued when I saw the re-designed PoM that it is an atrocious spell. PoM has always been atrocious, barring gimmicky burst set ups, which are a thing of the past. It should've been utilised as a kind of Chakra for arcane, allowing it to shift phases, e.g. a mobility phase that may reduce damage output and make the mage more vulnerable. Universalising the bombs and Scorch has cost the specs their individuality. I wouldnt've minded the Orb spells being retained and instead used as optional talents, since that spell lent itself to it. So I agree with more or less everything you said. If they keep Nether Tempest, I want it to have a nice, shiny animation, like those stars in the Algalon raid.
    Very much so: as I said, mages are hampered by spells and mechanics dating back to Vanilla that are currently worthless but remain because people get upset when their familiar spells disappear. Look how long it took for Dampen and Amplify Magic to finally get axed. Here's an idea on how it may be changed to be useful:

Presence of Mind
    Passive

Whenever you cast two spells with a base cast time of more than 2 seconds in a row, you gain a charge of Presence of Mind. Presence of Mind will allow you to cast while moving, each spell consuming a charge. Stacks up to five times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    In all seriousness, and without any intention to whine or blame your precious GC ,that despite his multiple proven failures some people jump to defend him like they are (or hope to become) Blizzards employees, you have to admit that the way mages were handled in MoP was a complete disaster. They took a perfectly balanced and fun to play class, and turned it into a crippled, cumbersome and hardly viable for progression raiding and now also redundant in pvp (if the deep freeze nerf goes live) parody of a class.

Deleted
    Seriously people need to stop bitchin and whinin since half of the datamined stuff wont see the light of day and the other half will get changed throughout january if not february. It's true we aren't in an optimal state atm but things change with time parse, if you've played this game for 8 years or so you should be used to how things change for better or worse every couple of months. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Koregen View Post
    In all seriousness, and without any intention to whine or blame your precious GC ,that despite his multiple proven failures some people jump to defend him like they are (or hope to become) Blizzards employees, you have to admit that the way mages were handled in MoP was a complete disaster. They took a perfectly balanced and fun to play class, and turned it into a crippled, cumbersome and hardly viable for progression raiding and now also redundant in pvp (if the deep freeze nerf goes live) parody of a class.

99 percent of this post is over sensationalized garbage. We are not crippled. I don't see anything anymore cumbersome about the class than any other. The claim that mages aren't viable for "progressive" raiding is laughable. The deep freeze change doesn't exist. You may not have had intention to whine (you did) but that is exactly what you did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally going to wait before reacting. There just "feels" like there is more to come. Besides, PTR isn't live yet. This is just dataming not "truth".
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Very much so: as I said, mages are hampered by spells and mechanics dating back to Vanilla that are currently worthless but remain because people get upset when their familiar spells disappear. Look how long it took for Dampen and Amplify Magic to finally get axed. Here's an idea on how it may be changed to be useful:

Presence of Mind
    Passive

Whenever you cast two spells with a base cast time of more than 2 seconds in a row, you gain a charge of Presence of Mind. Presence of Mind will allow you to cast while moving, each spell consuming a charge. Stacks up to five times.
    i like your ideas(past ones included), do you even put your ideas on wow forums??
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    i like your ideas(past ones included), do you even put your ideas on wow forums??
    I do not, I am unfortunately banned there. :-\
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I do not, I am unfortunately banned there. :-\
    Well, over the course of the next couple of weeks, we'll assemble the feedback that makes sense for 5.2 and I'll find someone who can post it on the US forums. I'm EU so meh from me. Just give me a bit of time to organize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Well, over the course of the next couple of weeks, we'll assemble the feedback that makes sense for 5.2 and I'll find someone who can post it on the US forums. I'm EU so meh from me. Just give me a bit of time to organize it.
    Make sure to take a look at the Didactic's Mage Patch Notes thread for further ideas.

They should make me a fucking mage dev.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    That is a fantastic idea. Mages need some love!