Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    New patch notes nerf improved counterspell omfg, if mages were shit from a few hours ago.... now they're even worse shit.

Also, they gutted frost mage dps in PVE since we can't even get fingers from bosses through pet freeze. SERIOUSLY?!?!?!? Why is blizzard taking away everything from frost and fire and FORCING us to play that fucking redheaded stepchild shit spec named arcane? Ugh, I give up

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    Also, they gutted frost mage dps in PVE since we can't even get fingers from bosses through pet freeze. SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?
    Incoming water jet, just relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziure View Post
    "Invocation now removes Evocation's cooldown and reduces its channeling time and duration by 50%. A completed Evocation now grants 15% increased damage (was 25%) for 1 minute (was 40 seconds) after an Evocation is completed. Passive mana regeneration is reduced by 50% only while Invoker's Energy is active."
    Possibly the greatest quality of life change so far, I hope this goes live.
    Not really, I would have liked to see it removed altogether. Its clunky and incredibly unfun even with this change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    First, instead of being arrogant, re-read your posts before you hit post.

Spread was last week's change.
    25% is more then 24%
    Play a mage.

Deleted
    I really hope, they buff frost pve wise, I don't wanna play Arcane, it's boring and pink.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Incoming water jet, just relax.
    except they never promised us they would give us water jet. so if they dont we wont have a viable pve spec at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziure View Post
    "Invocation now removes Evocation's cooldown and reduces its channeling time and duration by 50%. A completed Evocation now grants 15% increased damage (was 25%) for 1 minute (was 40 seconds) after an Evocation is completed. Passive mana regeneration is reduced by 50% only while Invoker's Energy is active."
    Possibly the greatest quality of life change so far, I hope this goes live.
    I thought invocation might finally be usable with Arcane now so we could get away from the rune of pus, but if passive mana regen is 50% for the 1 minute of increased spell power then doesn't this mean you will never get your mana back up after you clear stacks? Thus you would need to be evocating like every time you drop your stacks to get mana back up to make use of mastery.. as in like every 20 seconds if you're unlucky with AM procs? Jesus..

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Invocation now removes Evocation's cooldown and reduces its channeling time and duration by 50%. A completed Evocation now grants 15% increased damage (was 25%) for 1 minute (was 40 seconds) after an Evocation is completed. Passive mana regeneration is reduced by 50% only while Invoker's Energy is active.
    Even for someone like me who likes the current invocation these are some nice changes. You still have to time it with the pull though which is dissapointing.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ...reduces its channeling time and duration by 50%.
    Why does it say channeling time and duration?
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Mastery: Ignite Your target burns for an additional 12% over 4 sec of the total direct damage caused by your Fireball, Frostfire Bolt, Inferno Blast, Scorch, and Pyroblast.

Could someone please explain this? (my primary language isn't English, so I might be missing something)

It was changed from "Damage" to "Direct Damage",
    but all of the relevant spells are direct damaging spells and not dots like LB.

So I'm like "isn't it currently like this? is this even a change?".

Thx in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menphis View Post
    Could someone please explain this? (my primary language isn't English, so I might be missing something)

Thx in advance.
    They're just making the tooltip more clear.

Hmmm, so a 24% increase to frostbolt damage, but it's taken off the debuff (15%). So it's a 9% increase to frostbolt damage, which is probably a 2-3% increase in total damage. Less for AoE/Multi fights, more for ST fights (stone guards and blademaster respectively).

Although it may be a slightly bigger increase (like .02% more) because of the lack of buildup. You won't feel the need to get a frostbolt out there just to keep the debuff up (even though it will help, it's not as good now). So with buildup and maintenance taken out of the picture somewhat, it should increase our damage a little bit further.

Here's to hoping they get Water Jet out for 5.2, and make it give us 2 charges!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    They're just making the tooltip more clear.
    ah, ok.
    thx

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Menphis View Post

Thx in advance.
    Pyroblast has a dot component, it's no longer included in Ignites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Pyroblast dot was never included in Ignite. That would have made it count twice in the pre 5.1 Combustion.

Deleted
    Hey guys, what do you think - is Living Bomb still being spreaded with the new fireblast glyph in 5.2? If not, this would be another major nerf for Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Pyroblast dot was never included in Ignite. That would have made it count twice in the pre 5.1 Combustion.

I don't remember Pyro dot being included in Ignite either.
    Maybe he's mixed up with combustion because 5.0.5 or before, combustion also took 33% of the Pyro dot or something,
    but it was removed when 5.1 hit.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Hey guys, what do you think - is Living Bomb still being spreaded with the new fireblast glyph in 5.2? If not, this would be another major nerf for Fire.
    how is that nerf to just fire??? its nerf to LB itself
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

It appears that the LB spread was removed. The glyph has been changed to spread ignite/pyro/combustion to an additional target. Unglyphed inferno blast will spread to 3 additional targets, glyphed it will spread to 4. I think these changes were probably made so that the LB talent and the fireblast glyph would not be obvious choices for someone fire spec.

I'll certainly miss spreading LB, mostly due to the interesting nature of spreading a LB that was close to exploding. However, I think it will take some lengthy playtesting to see the effect on our dps and whether this is an actual nerf or not.

Fire blast currently spreads Ignite, Pyro dot and combustion to 3 targets. Living Bomb is still spread to only 2 if glyphed.
    5.2 PTR if glyphed spreads Ignite, Pyro dot and Combustion to 4 targets.

I'm guessing this maybe a slight buff for 4 or more multiple targets , but I'm not a math wiz or anything. DPS loss for 3 or less.

It takes time and luck to build a good ignite, but being able to spread a good ignite, pyro dot on to one additional target with one global CD is nice when you
    consider/compare the time spent on the following two.

[the time spent trying to build a good ignite on the 4th target and also trying to get a heating up proc so you can cast a Pyro to get a Pyro dot on the 4th target]

[the time spent manually applying living bomb to 2 other targets].

But of course this isn't a buff unless you have that 4th target.
    Again, this is just a guess and I might be missing something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ogFrenikk View Post
    So because a rank 1 extraordinarily talented mage can 1v2 against random scrubs, mages need nerfing? Fantastic logic.
    This exactly.