Well, they nerfed go sac for afflocks by 5% on MG and DS but they adds this 4pcT15 wich gives the 5% back. Its not bad actually.

The 2pcT15 dunno, i don't think is that weak; considering we'll get much more haste (more ghost ticks and regualr ticks from corruption) wouldn't this lead to a possible "broken beyond relief" single target because a -potential- much higher uptime on Haunt?

Its interesting how they're band-aiding hybrids thru set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by villie View Post

Edit: If burning rush works against KJC, holy crap! 100% movement cast while moving and unsnareable................doubt that will go live![COLOR="red"]
    You aren't unsnareable, snares just won't reduce your speed below 100%. Since Burning Rush plus two stacks of KjC's snare adds up to 105% run speed, this change doesn't really affect that talent combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Well, they nerfed go sac for afflocks by 5% on MG and DS but they adds this 4pcT15 wich gives the 5% back. Its not bad actually.

The 2pcT15 dunno, i don't think is that weak; considering we'll get much more haste (more ghost ticks and regualr ticks from corruption) wouldn't this lead to a possible "broken beyond relief" single target because a -potential- much higher uptime on Haunt?

Not really, because it's ONLY during DS. Which, to be honest, Haunt should be up 100% of the time in this window anyway. For affliction this 2set is pretty bad, actually, as it will only lead to shard capping during DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I like the fact that they play with ember generation instead of a boring damage buff.
    I do, but at the same time, they just made Destro even more RNG than it already is. I'd rather have something stable, like a flat damage buff, or a flat +1 ember increase (+2 for crits), than something so dependent on luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    I thought no more mandatory glyphs? Whats with the ua glyph? Besides a fight with a passive haste buff its a glyph everyone will take, isnt it?
    Still very much non-mandatory. Unless I'm radically missing something here, it doesn't lower the Global CD of UA (it would be rediculous if it did) nor is UA off the global CD, so basically you have 25% of a global CD to do nothing, but you're much less likely to be locked out of Shadow while casting it. it's a zero dps increase in PVE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post

I'm a bit confused with the 4p set bonus. I thought the bonus just increase the damage of MG and DS, not the other dots on target. But when I read it again, the word "periodic" seems to be excessive if it's just the damage of MG and DS so it kinda indicates what you said here.

If it's just like what you said, then there will be 2 cases here.
    1. The bonus applies with MG/DS so instead of dealing 50/100% dot damage, it will be 55/105% instead. Then with 45% from GoSac, that will make it even better than the old GoSac. 55*1.45 = 79.75 while 50*1.50 = 75...
    2. The bonus applies with GoSac which will make the damage back to the current damage before GoSac nerf. 45% back to 50%

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    I hope you're joking and/or don't PvP.

The new "Unreliable, single target, 100k life to cast, chance to fear a pet version of Howl of Terror" blood fear is something that people would only take by accident.
    Its funny.

Our new Blood Fear is pretty much identical to the mages' Ice Ward tier 3 talent, which works in exactly the same way, except it freezes the pets instead of fearing them.

Interestingly enough, mages don't take the talent either. I'm not quite sure what makes blizz think they can take one failed design and give it to another class and hope it doesn't fail. I think they think the design is good and its the players who are bad. Too bad they seem rather clueless that its the actual idea that fails.

Though to be honest, looking at the new patch notes and looking over the changes some of the other classes are getting, I am now officially convinced that Blizzard, as a whole, has lost the plot.

The talent has left the building. The retards are in charge now and I guess the order of the day is keep throwing sh!t at the wall and hope that something sticks. Because man... it sure as hell seems like Blizz has no idea what they are doing.

I mean seriously, they took away mages' Blink. BLINK. Thats like taking away stealth for rogs and putting it in a talent.

/facepalm

You have to be pretty fucking loopy to do things like that and still get up and go to work the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by zomgDPS View Post
    Its funny.

Our new Blood Fear is pretty much identical to the mages' Ice Ward tier 3 talent, which works in exactly the same way, except it freezes the pets instead of fearing them.

Interestingly enough, mages don't take the talent either. I'm not quite sure what makes blizz think they can take one failed design and give it to another class and hope it doesn't fail. I think they think the design is good and its the players who are bad. Too bad they seem rather clueless that its the actual idea that fails.

Though to be honest, looking at the new patch notes and looking over the changes some of the other classes are getting, I am now officially convinced that Blizzard, as a whole, has lost the plot.

The talent has left the building. The retards are in charge now and I guess the order of the day is keep throwing sh!t at the wall and hope that something sticks. Because man... it sure as hell seems like Blizz has no idea what they are doing.

I mean seriously, they took away mages' Blink. BLINK. Thats like taking away stealth for rogs and putting it in a talent.

/facepalm

You have to be pretty fucking loopy to do things like that and still get up and go to work the next day.
    I think you are a bit clueless and throwing things at the wall hoping it sticks. The talent BLAZING SPEED replaces blink if and only if you pick up blazing speed. Blink isn't going anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    -Fel armor buff is a nice, yet a little buff. We'll still be the squishiest caster with it, just makes us take less damage from other casters while damage from melee remains more or less unchanged.

-UA buff is a nice thing, but it's not going to solve the problems affliction currently has in PvP. Nonetheless, healers will still dispel UA as soon as we haunt a target.

-Blood fear is less of a suicide button now, however, the effect is still garbage and not worth taking over unbound will. Heck, even burning rush is now obviously better.

-Burning rush will have its uses, but I'm still worried about the healthcost for PvP. 4% hp/second is a lot when you consider that melee can still sit on you unless you can get them slowed.

-Sacrificial pact is a little bit buffed, not too amazingly, but I suppose it might be worth it to take it when playing petless now. Nonetheless, it's still in the same tier as dark bargain, a talent that's obviously better in most cases.

-Glyph of embertap: Is this a joke? Embertap was hit by battle fatigue, having its healing reduced by 30%. So the glyph gives an extra 3.5% over 10sec, or 0.35% hp per sec. In my case, that's 1.5k health a second for 10sec.

Deleted
    The 2piece as demo seems like a stupid fix. Instead of letting you start with 40% demonic fury on pull so you can synch your cds with procs they try to fix it by adding a short term set bonus...

About that Fel Armor change, I think the tool-tip wording is a little inaccurate? It says "Reduces damage taken by 10%, total health by 10% and the amount of health generated through spells and effects by 10%.", so does it actually reduce the total health and health generation by 10%? Or it'll be corrected?

Deleted
    They replaced "Increases your armor by 2603" by "Reduces damage taken by 10%" and haven't changed the rest of the sentence, this is just a bad wording.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    The 2piece as demo seems like a stupid fix. Instead of letting you start with 40% demonic fury on pull so you can synch your cds with procs they try to fix it by adding a short term set bonus...
    You do use all your cooldowns at the pull, and with Imps you'll even have enough Fury to get some decent Meta time in there too before you need to re-cast HoG. The bonus is an actual bonus, it's not there to buff your already, not insubstantial 'pull spike' and put the spec back to the retarded state of 4.2 MWC "get the pull wrong and fail for the encounter" model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luji View Post
    About that Fel Armor change, I think the tool-tip wording is a little inaccurate? It says "Reduces damage taken by 10%, total health by 10% and the amount of health generated through spells and effects by 10%.", so does it actually reduce the total health and health generation by 10%? Or it'll be corrected?
    Tooltip error.

There is a Cataclysm version on the PTR that is used by Kanrethrad for the Green fire questline

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated the OP with the changes.

Have to say, looking good! I have a shrewd suspicion that the dev team is still very much in the habit of reading the MMO-C warlock forums cause much of the (Affliction) pvp concerns has been adressed in some way (even if maybe not as rigorous as some may want).

Looking forward to the first SimC results with the new set bonuses. Having extensively tried all 3 specs now I've actually arrived at a point where I don't mind which comes out on top for 5.2, though I have a slight preference for Affli>Destro>Demo. Affli cause that's what I'm most comfortable with and Destro so I can have awesome green fire and possibly USE it. (and having said that I realise Demo will spend more time in Demon form in 5.2 and that's awesome too. Can't decide! >.< )

Really promising changes. 10% is great, sure we're not the tankiest, but it's a good improvement. Sac. Pact got a nice buff, the absorb will stay the same but the price we have to pay got reduced. I'm really happy to see Blizzard making effort and reward more or less equal: the same goes to Blood Fear and Burning Rush, which might just end up being more viable, although I see Unbound Will topping it.

Also, does anybody see the T152P sett being good for PvP? Especially as demonology. Don't know how much we might lose from 2 pieces of PvP gear, but 30% less DF cost seems crazy, especially if you're good a pet switching...

Any news on our quest? I am still at work and waiting to see some feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    They replaced "Increases your armor by 2603" by "Reduces damage taken by 10%" and haven't changed the rest of the sentence, this is just a bad wording.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Tooltip error.
    Thank you a lot.

I'd like to know how good are a those ToC/SF cost reductions for Demos; because i'm still dreaming of a world where i pull the same damage as Affliction using demo spec.

The increased fury per SB/SF looks so tiny i won't even notice i'm going meta faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You do use all your cooldowns at the pull, and with Imps you'll even have enough Fury to get some decent Meta time in there too before you need to re-cast HoG. The bonus is an actual bonus, it's not there to buff your already, not insubstantial 'pull spike' and put the spec back to the retarded state of 4.2 MWC "get the pull wrong and fail for the encounter" model.
    I know that. It is still very poor design that a demo lock is not capable to get full use of a cd on pull that most of their dps is based around. Blizzard knows this, and instead of fixing the issue they create a temporary set bonus that will fix the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I know that. It is still very poor design that a demo lock is not capable to get full use of a cd on pull that most of their dps is based around. Blizzard knows this, and instead of fixing the issue they create a temporary set bonus that will fix the issue.
    I think the whole issue with Demo during Cata (where you popped everything at start and hope you got it right or your DPS was crap) is why Blizz doesn't let Demo start off with a high Fury pool. The whole reason Demo was revamped was to prevent exactly what you want lol.