The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chaos wave got reverted due to PvP concerns, and people didn't really use it in PvE anyway. Guess they want it to be continued to not be used.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Hmm that looks like pretty huge buffs to demo/destro. Wonder how things will look like after that.

Quote Originally Posted by shinewaylee View Post
    Why no chaos wave and shadowflame's 15%? They have been deleted?

Shadowflame is there. Read the entire HoG line.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Shadowflame is there. Read the entire HoG line.
    Well if you look at the numbers break down for HoG, only the initial damage got buffed, not shadowflame. And there's no mention of the wild imp firebolt buff. Wonder what happened to those? Or maybe just a result of the data mining not picking those up I wonder?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumathos View Post
    Well if you look at the numbers break down for HoG, only the initial damage got buffed, not shadowflame. And there's no mention of the wild imp firebolt buff. Wonder what happened to those? Or maybe just a result of the data mining not picking those up I wonder?
    You're looking at datamined tooltip changes. Those things are often incomplete or just plain wrong.

300k burst as Affli with the crit trinket and gear scaled to 504 ilvl (no BL). Felt pretty good. I'm really liking it, but it's going to be hard to use on multitarget fights since you might not get to use it on a target which you will channel on.

Demo still feels behind, but it might be a L2P issue with me not having UI set up properly. Gonna need more testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    If Affliction wasn't so very high on Will of the Emperor, where you hardly get chance to use Malefic Grasp and benefit from Sac, I'd agree with you.
    So Affliction would be high on one fight, and one fight only. I don't see a problem with that. We SHOULD be high on multi-target fights. (And we still don't beat most melee).

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 12:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    300k burst as Affli with the crit trinket and gear scaled to 504 ilvl (no BL). Felt pretty good. I'm really liking it, but it's going to be hard to use on multitarget fights since you might not get to use it on a target which you will channel on.

Demo still feels behind, but it might be a L2P issue with me not having UI set up properly. Gonna need more testing.
    From what I understand the proc rate of this trinket makes it garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    From what I understand the proc rate of this trinket makes it garbage.
    Going to need some good comparisons of all trinkets available (even T14) to see how it stands against the other options. If the proc rate is bad it should get addressed on the PTR forums to make Blizzard aware of it. As I've said before, I doubt any other spec can use it better than Affliction so if it's bad for us it will be bad for everyone.

Deleted
    As I've said before, I doubt any other spec can use it better than Affliction
    Reading GC's comments it seems pretty good for balance & shadow, because they have special mechanics linked to ticks' crits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    So Affliction would be high on one fight, and one fight only. I don't see a problem with that. We SHOULD be high on multi-target fights. (And we still don't beat most melee).
    It was more a reference as to whether Sac was the only reason Aff was so powerful, not whether it was a problem that the spec should be so in that particular situation, and as I understand, Supremacy is the talent to use on that fight anyway.

Shame they've left it so long into the PTR to actually address Sac properly though, it means it's unlikely to be fixed this time around, and after this point unlikely that it'll be changed afterward as it'll have been the default so long that they wont want to change it for fear of upsetting people with too much 'churn'.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Reading GC's comments it seems pretty good for balance & shadow, because they have special mechanics linked to ticks' crits.
    Yeah Spriests spawn apparitions from SW:Pain crits, which is also prolonging their SW:P with the T15 2p, so it's obviously getting nerfed.

I guess it might be even more crazy for Boomkins. They have a 30% chance to get instant Starsurges from critical dot ticks and then if you crit with Starsurge it will extend the duration on those dots. They also get increased crit chance from their T15 set bonuses... wow.

Wild Imp damage got increased as well: Firebolt
    Last edited by luckydevours; 2013-02-22 at 03:28 PM.

Guys... guys... we just won the Internet

No seriously that's nice from them to have listened to the players, thanks to the posters on the official topic !
    Screw you. But seriously, to me it looks like this change will prompt them not to buff Destruction. If anything they could keep the mechanics but make the difference in numbers minimal so that it can be a min/maxing thing. The thought of Destruction now being the "cleave spec" is disgusting. Isn't that what they don't want seeing as they've donne significant changes to Combat's Blade Flurry?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Screw you. But seriously, to me it looks like this change will prompt them not to buff Destruction. If anything they could keep the mechanics but make the difference in numbers minimal so that it can be a min/maxing thing. The thought of Destruction now being the "cleave spec" is disgusting. Isn't that what they don't want seeing as they've donne significant changes to Combat's Blade Flurry?
    They often say one thing for one class, then do exactly the opposite for another.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Yeah Spriests spawn apparitions from SW:Pain crits, which is also prolonging their SW:P with the T15 2p, so it's obviously getting nerfed.

I guess it might be even more crazy for Boomkins. They have a 30% chance to get instant Starsurges from critical dot ticks and then if you crit with Starsurge it will extend the duration on those dots. They also get increased crit chance from their T15 set bonuses... wow.
    it wont work quite like that, GC already said that it will work differently for spriests bcoz of the whole extending their dot duration thing. it will only work 15/18 secs after that duration it will revert to the normal critrate, and they are keeping an eye on the boomkin thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They often say one thing for one class, then do exactly the opposite for another.
    I'll never forget the "Frost mages are hard to play at higher ratings, therefore they need good buffs which makes them seem overpowered at lower ratings and duels". Where did my Destruction and Survival buffs go sir?

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 01:53 PM ----------

Not to forget "A cooldown on Spellsteal would feel too clunky and weird, even at 8 seconds". What? Devour Magic is still on a 15 second cooldown?

Simple fact, the fights which allow to êxecute adds are the funniests : Protectors, Will, Tsulong...

If they really don't want us to play with this talent, why did they even create it in the first place ? Because they needed 3 on the row ? -_-

Solution :
    Fiery Imp, Fiery Succubus, Fiery Voidwalker... for Destro's mastery.
    Shadowy Imp, Shadowy Succubus, Shadowy Voidwalker... for Affliction's mastery.
    Personally, I'd like to see some "creative" ways to make mastery scale with your pet. For example:

Destro - Mastery: Emberstorm

Increases the damage of Immolate, Incinerate, Fel Flame and Conflagrate.
    Increases the effectiveness of Burning Ember consuming spells by X%.
    Your pet's attacks set the target on fire increasing your spell critical chance against that target by Y%.

That means your pet now actively affects your ember generation, and the damage of your Chaos Bolts. All that based on how much mastery you have. It might make mastery too good of a stat, but then again, it already is with GoSac.

Affliction - Mastery: Potent Afllictions
    Increases the damage of Agony, Corruption and Unstable Affliction by X%
    Your pet's attacks corrupt the target, causing Y% damage over Z seconds.

So basically you get an additional DoT that your malefic grasp can benefit from, but it's mostly for single targets, since microing your pet to keep a dot on all possible targets may be too challenging (especially if it's a short duration dot).

What do you guys think? Would changes like that make it possible to make the "pet" grimoires more attractive? I think they provide some nice interaction with the pets while leaving GoSac mostly untouched to those who like it.
    Last edited by Spektroman; 2013-02-22 at 02:22 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spektroman View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see some "creative" ways to make mastery scale with your pet. For example:

Your pet's attacks set the target on fire increasing your spell critical chance against that target by Y%.

That means your pet now actively affects your ember generation, and the damage of your Chaos Bolts. All that based on how much mastery you have. It might make mastery too good of a stat, but then again, it already is with GoSac.

So basically you get an additional DoT that your malefic grasp can benefit from, but it's mostly for single targets, since microing your pet to keep a dot on all possible targets may be too challenging (especially if it's a short duration dot).

What do you guys think? Would changes like that make it possible to make the "pet" grimoires more attractive? I think they provide some nice interaction with the pets while leaving GoSac mostly untouched to those who like it.
    I like these ideas a lot! Did you post them to the official PTR forums?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Spektroman View Post

Those are cool, but the affliction one would have to be a really short duration DoT. Anything that would force you to micro the pet the closely would be awful haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    These synergistic abilities just go back to Beta when Destro had 'Destructive Influence', which ultimately became Pyroclasm; because the synergy didn't work with Sacrifice.