Page 23 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonized View Post
    Rapture mana return went from 250% to 100%? Haha, so glad I didn't choose my disc priest as my main for MoP!
    Because of
    Rapture Removes the cooldown on Power Word: Shield and reduces its mana cost by 50%

Deleted
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Discipline
    Divine Aegis Critical heals and all heals from Prayer of Healing create a protective shield on the target, absorbing 50% of the amount healed. Lasts 15 sec. Priest - Discipline Spec.

I hope this is just a wrong tooltip. I play Disc, and I do agree that we need a slight nerf, but no DA at all on PoH seems insane, especially if Spirit Shell also receives a nerf. Nerfing Holy Fire, too, does not help. I hope Disc will remain viable.

Deleted
    I think disc throughput will come down to the level of mortal healers instead of being godmode. The fact that they're bringing it down by nerfing the absorbs instead of the actual healing I think hurts disc the most but is probably best overall for the healing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    I think disc throughput will come down to the level of mortal healers instead of being godmode. The fact that they're bringing it down by nerfing the absorbs instead of the actual healing I think hurts disc the most but is probably best overall for the healing game.
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...00000000111111
    What about holy pallies then?

Quote Originally Posted by Demonized View Post
    Rapture mana return went from 250% to 100%? Haha, so glad I didn't choose my disc priest as my main for MoP!
    They also cut the mana cost of Power Word Shield in half, so that will save about 9000 mana right there. That being said, all of these changes are fucking retarded.

That DA nerf is just too much. I will stop playing with my priest if that goes live.. period

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, going from 3 spells that benifit from Mastery, to 1... Net nerf to Rapture as well. Went from 25% buff but at the cost of temporary buff's not counting (we knew that was coming, happened with Tide in Cata), to 50% nerf to Rapture coupled with 50% reduction of the spell + them wanting us to cast Shield more often = a net nerf...

Before: 1 shield = 1 rapture at ~9.5k Spirit? Something like that... w/e, there was a point where PW:S was free every 12 seconds. Most priests only cast shield once per 12 seconds unless absolutely needed.
    After: 1 shield = 1 rapture at same Spirit level, but they want us to cast more shields... So, what used to be a 20k mana cost and a 20k rapture turns into a multiple 10k shield, 10k rapture...

God, these are the dumbest changes ever...

The issue is Disc has no "catch up" healing. Without absorbs, we're kinda useless. So, if we can only reliably prevent damage once every minute, then for 45 seconds, if anything happens, were kinda in a hole... Plus, it really hurts the value of mastery. SShell was the "godmode" problem, not DA. DA hasn't been the problem like ever. Make Spirit Shell do less healing that pure PoH spam, like 75%, that way, it is only good at being a 0 over healing CD for predictable damage, and keep DA on PoH. Without it, PoH is not only 25% weaker than Holy's baseline (cause really, who plays in Serenity for more than like 30 seconds ever?) , but also gains no base benefit from Mastery, which is ~20% for Holy... So Holy PoH = Disc * 1.44..., and Holy has CoH, better PoM w/ DI, HW:Serenity (LOLOLOL), etc.

They'll understand that they overnerfed us disc priests badly by the time it hits live. :P

Class underperforming - Oh, let's give a slight buff!
    Class overperforming - NERF TO THE GROUND
    Class underperforming again - Hmm, maybe we nerfed them a bit too much, let's buff them again in the next major patch in 2 months.

The way it's always been and the way it'll always be!
    Last edited by Arainie; 2013-01-16 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    They'll understand that they overnerfed us disc priests badly by the time it hits live. :P

Class underperforming again - Hmm, maybe we nerfed them a bit too much, let's buff them again in the next major patch in 2 months.

But it's just silly at this point. At 30%, Aegis was fine when it was attached to PoH. It's their fault that it got too powerful when buffed to 50%. Obviously Disc priests were going to spam the shit out of it when they realized how powerful it was, but all the Devs look at is the heal used most often by us and don't even bother to ask why we're doing it. They just see that we're using other things less and decide to completely obliterate Prayer of Healing to stop us from using it as much. Instead of...just reverting the buff that they put in place that got us this way in the first place.

Deleted
    Blizzard shows once again they don't understand how to balance 10's and 25's in healing terms (nor do they appear to have any real direction for priests in general). I suspect the nerfs are overdone, but I'm not getting concerned or upset as if it proves too much, they'll revert or buff at some point.

In the meantime I may get to play the more fun priest healing spec as a result!

10+ Year Old Account
    sigh, HamSandwichFace is smiling from mmo-champ ban heaven... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    But it's just silly at this point. At 30%, Aegis was fine when it was attached to PoH. It's their fault that it got too powerful when buffed to 50%. Obviously Disc priests were going to spam the shit out of it when they realized how powerful it was, but all the Devs look at is the heal used most often by us and don't even bother to ask why we're doing it. They just see that we're using other things less and decide to completely obliterate Prayer of Healing to stop us from using it as much. Instead of...just reverting the buff that they put in place that got us this way in the first place.
    If this goes live, I can foresee disc getting a lot of bench time even with Spirit Shell. Once Disc starts getting benched or quits using PoH entirely except to spam Spirit Shell, they might decide that we would need to be rebuffed. But by the time they decide to rebuff us, I assume a lot of priests would've 1) rerolled or 2) went holy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post

Right, but as soon as some classes and specs are OP or do more damage or healing than Blizzard likes, they instantly get nerfed (I.E. Shadow Priests in Cata) while some classes period stay OP with no real reason why they aren't going to be nerfed. Blizzard is an enigma and I'm confident they hate Priests in general now.

Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    Pally numbers are skewed badly because of PvP 4pc. They'll come down with the nerf to that set in 5.2.

100% for the changes blizz made.

Bringing disc back to what it was in cata, [THE ABILITY TO ABSORB, BUT NOT THE MAIN FOCUS OF THE CLASS]

THANK GOD FINALLY I CAN PLAY HOLY AGAIN IN HM

Deleted
    Ahh well, I wanted to level my resto druid anyways. This won't just gut PoH, it'll crush spirit shell as well. We have no quick/emergency raidhealing at all (and even if it wasn't for the atrocious cast time PoH without aegis won't have close to the aoe output of any other class). In addition to that rapture is nerfed to 100% (what the fuck?), that we can use PW:S more between still won't give us any mana. I guess ghostcrawler is right that priests will roll holy, because this will crush disc entirely (and a 50% mana reduction on PW:S is barely worth anything).

Honestly, the worst part of these changes isn't the fact that disc will be shit (I actually like that they try to make us something other than PoH bots, just that PW:S doesn't even close to compensate) but that it'll make make pure atonement (aka 3 buttons, PoH wasn't braindead, pure atonement is) the best (and practically only) way to play disc.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-01-16 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post

Bringing disc back to what it was in cata, [THE ABILITY TO ABSORB, BUT NOT THE MAIN FOCUS OF THE CLASS]

Yes because making disc worse than MOP launch is great for the class synergy as a whole...

Sorry, but nerfing a spec into oblivion (look at the numbers...nerfed da, no guaranteed da on POH, nerfed regen, nerfed spirit shell) is not an answer. The yoyo back and forth with disc is exhausting.

Why someone would CELEBRATE their class being completely picked apart is beyond me. Oh and newsflash its not like holy is getting buffed. It still has its problems too.

Ignorance.

Deleted
    When I read this post from GC (at least I think it was him):
    We actually want Disc to get back to using PW:Shield a little more, along with Penance
    all I saw was a little child going "BUT I WANT THEM TO DO WHAT I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!".
    And here it is. The great nerf bringing us exactly to the playstyle mentioned in that post. It seems as if they're saying something like "oh yeah, so we gave you these new spells but I guess we didn't intend for them to be useful so let's just go back to the old playstyle, whatever".

im fine with them nerfing disc like this and buffing PW:S (yay) but i still think they should consider giving disc 1 or 2 AE healing because DA procing from PoH hurted us but i still , good thing GC noted this and hopefully it will be in 5.3 or even 5.2

good changes will be interesting to see how this will turn out to be when its live
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post

Nice logic. What makes you think you'll get a raid spot as a priest when holy sucks and disc gets nerfed?