go arenas lets see who can survive better ele shaman or cloth casters spriests mages locks i dare you

Deleted
    Did they revoke the buff to primal elementalist or is it already live or what?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    go arenas lets see who can survive better ele shaman or cloth casters spriests mages locks i dare you
    5.2 is another step in the right direction. But we will still be trained, thats for sure. But, the SR will help us out.. alot. Specially with the glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    5.2 is another step in the right direction. But we will still be trained, thats for sure. But, the SR will help us out.. alot. Specially with the glyph.
    Yea, its gonna offset the totem nerf pretty well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    Your outrage is misplaced and ill-informed. Neither myself nor Binkenstein were saying that Elemental has better survival than other casters. We were pointing out that we DO have significant physical damage reduction that you were ignoring. We don't need additional passive damage reduction, we need additional active damage reduction, which is what we're getting in 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Yea, its gonna offset the totem nerf pretty well.
    It will and wont since SR cannot be used while ur silenced if they make so u can then it really will

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Our biggest threats are melee, who deal primarily physical damage, which is what armor works against. You can't discuss Elemental and passive damage reduction, unless you factor in that armor factor as well.
    Ele has huge problems with any melee class, and unfortunately mail armor and shield doesn't help so much at the current state of the game. The reason is over the years melee classes received a lot of abilities which are not physical, but counts as holy/shadow/frost/nature/whatever.

Even leading game designer, in one of his tweets, pointed out that armor is not so important anymore.

Anyway, we will see if SR is enough to get us in pair with other casters. I didn't check PTR so I won't speculate if it is enough or not.

atleast
    Q.Greg, maybe shamans could receive the new frog model in Hex? How about it?
    A.Already done.

No numbers pass for Ele?
    RETH

So with Ele likely not getting any number tweak to help our poor performance, should I play my Spriest now?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not very productive to run around and yell "We are doomed!". Mind you, I'm too concerned by the state of elemental, but it wont help sitting here on mm-c and crying. If you fear that ele may fall behind, you can gear another class or enha spec, granted we have plenty of time to do that.

As for melee vs. ele, I'm still think that main problems lies with melee ability to push pressure and control on us without sacrificing too much damage. If you are spamming Purge or Frost Shock trying to peel that melee... well, you ain't do damage. So they are free to pursue you, rather than going defensive. Oh, and add to this blanket silences.
    Last edited by SenSayNyu; 2013-02-10 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    So with Ele likely not getting any number tweak to help our poor performance, should I play my Spriest now?
    SPriest hasn't had a numbers pass either. It's too early to tell whether they're going to tweak Ele.

Give it time guys, a lot of this thread is an echo chamber for Shamans complaining about numbers which aren't set in stone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post

It's feedback if they read it. There's not always going to be a reply though, which is what you seem to be forgetting.
    They've been fairly consistent when it comes to not replying to any proper Shaman post, while I've seen plenty of interaction with other classes. Don't blame me for having little faith.

Quote Originally Posted by SenSayNyu View Post
    It's not very productive to run around and yell "We are doomed!". Mind you, I'm too concerned by the state of elemental, but it wont help sitting here on mm-c and crying.
    No one is forcing you to complain about us complaining though. As long as Endus isn't asking us to stop venting our frustration (in a proper manner), there's no need for anyone else to. We've had about all the 'productive' posts imaginable. There's no more analysis to be done, unless we're going to start all over again.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-02-10 at 10:48 PM.

Why shouldn't we be flipping our shit? It's BETA, this is the time or we'll be forgotten and left in yet again a poor poor state for the next 6 months until the next patch.

I don't know about you but I'm a little tired of having my main gimped in most competitive aspects of the game.

Who cares about having higher armor than Warlocks or Mages, when they have an easier time gettin away from melee? I'd rather have a flat out 10% damage reducement vs everything, instead of 20% higher armor rating. Think about it, how many melee classes use 100% pure physical attacks these days? 3% Block? Whoever mentioned that, lol.

Warrior might be the only one, but he also have access to a 50% armor debuff, which hurts shamans harder than Lock/Mage.

first shaman tweet ive seen in months and its about stuff that doesnt matter,. woo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    No one is forcing you to complain about us complaining though. As long as Endus isn't asking us to stop venting our frustration (in a proper manner), there's no need for anyone else to.
    And FWIW, I've been hanging around as much as any time before. If it seems like I'm popping in to say "yo, chill out with the stupid crap, dawgs" a lot less, it's because the Shaman community's generally been posting a lot better recently.

It was never an issue with people venting frustration, it was an issue with expressing said frustration constructively. Which you pretty much have been, lately, as a whole.

That said, don't start flinging feces about there being nothing in the most recent pass. They tend to do a lot of these things in waves, working on a few classes at a time. It doesn't mean we're being ignored, it usually means we're just scheduled into one of the future passes.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 06:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    first shaman tweet ive seen in months and its about stuff that doesnt matter,. woo
    There's been a few others that have been relevant. The twitter feed shouldn't be taken as a really big deal, though; it's reliant on what Ghostcrawler's being asked and feels is worth responding to, and what he feels he can fit into a tweet. A lot of people are asking questions that are either phrased offensively or belligerently, which he'll rightly ignore (and that's not unique to the Shaman community, either), or they're asking really broad questions like "how are you going to fix Elemental for 5.2" which he can't answer in 140 characters, so he skips it and moves on.

warlocks got a lot of love only when pp started to quit on the class... quess we're must be in good shape ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And FWIW, I've been hanging around as much as any time before. If it seems like I'm popping in to say "yo, chill out with the stupid crap, dawgs" a lot less, it's because the Shaman community's generally been posting a lot better recently.

It was never an issue with people venting frustration, it was an issue with expressing said frustration constructively. Which you pretty much have been, lately, as a whole.

That said, don't start flinging feces about there being nothing in the most recent pass. They tend to do a lot of these things in waves, working on a few classes at a time. It doesn't mean we're being ignored, it usually means we're just scheduled into one of the future passes.
    You mean future patches, right?

j/k, this would be probably first time in couple years tho, since they would tune shaman numbers later rather than sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    They've been fairly consistent when it comes to not replying to any proper Shaman post, while I've seen plenty of interaction with other classes. Don't blame me for having little faith.
    That's because most of the interaction has been on mechanic changes. Very few mechanic changes have occurred for Shaman so far.