Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

Eh, you shouldn't need full T14 but if you've got some LFR bits upgraded it'll be fine alongside the new "Thunder Forge" gear.
    Kinda the point I was making..just because a new tier is coming doesn't mean dont try to gear for it or practice tactics and get communication down
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    It took more than a month for 5.1 to come out and it was just class balance changes and some daily quests.
    No, Utter rubbish, go back and read the patch notes before trying to say it was just class balance and dailys, it was alot more than that:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It's not playable on the PTR until January, it is likely to be in testing for at least a month.
    So February at the earliest.
    The Devs recently hit the Podcasts with interviews, and two said look for 5.2 in Feb
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

This is a big patch, considering that 4.2 and 4.3 were in the ptr for about 3 months i wouldnt expect 5.2 to be live until march.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    No, Utter rubbish, go back and read the patch notes before trying to say it was just class balance and dailys, it was alot more than that:P
    Those "a lot more" entries weren't things you really needed a PTR for. Quality of life changes in farming and pet battles certainly doesn't need that much of an open-beta to put out. That said, we're talking about a new major raid along with the changes to nearly all the same things that 5.1 brought. It's going to take longer than 5.1's PTR did.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Didn't they say that PTR comes somewhere in early January?

Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    Im thinking March it will be available, give other guilds a chance to go through heroic raids before the new massive one hits.
    Wait so they're closing the current tier when the new tier comes out?!?!? This is news to hit the presses!!

Oh no wait you can still work on the previous tier heroic while you do your new content. You still do have time to work on it all.

Will +8 upgraded T14 Heroic gear be a higher ilvl than T15 normal gear?

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    If you think your not going to need any of the gear from this tier to help your guild raid the next tier you guys should probably not raid...
    No need to be a smart ass PimpedDakota. You know nothing about me or my guild.

Back to topic. Still looking for those efforts Blizz is doing to help guilds move through normal mode raids. Windwalker?

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Wait so they're closing the current tier when the new tier comes out?!?!? This is news to hit the presses!!

Oh no wait you can still work on the previous tier heroic while you do your new content. You still do have time to work on it all.
    The problem is that guilds will be gearing from the new daily hub and the easier normal modes of the next tier. Meanig they'll outgear the heroics from the previous tiers and won't need to even finish them because they'll soon find themselves not needing the gear from Tier14, anymore.

Blizzard's made their stand on the whole "progress through all raid tiers" concept and taken a firm "BC's over, not doing that again" stance.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'll take the entirely cynical and probably somewhat accurate stance that 5.2 will launch for real in late February or early March. It won't likely be a lot after that because it takes a couple of weeks for people to resubscribe and push the numbers up a bit for the end of 2013-Q1.

It seems clear from everything I've seen that an early version of 5.2 is already on the PTR (see front page) but that people won't be able to play with it until after the holidays (which means January).
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I am guessing it will hit live servers around early March.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    late March is the earliest we can hope for 5.2

Personaly I think it will be early April

I'm going to just throw a broad guess of sometime before the valentines day event starts.

Any News about the 5.2(?) Transmog Weapon Restriction Changes? Can't seem to find anything in the current Patch Notes.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingol View Post
    late March is the earliest we can hope for 5.2

Personaly I think it will be early April
    I think you have the latest prediction of anyone in this thread.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Doubt they will release 5.2 that soon, I'm betting mid-spring to early-summer. Current tier has ton of bosses and barely 10%-ish of guilds made it through normal mode yet, let alone heroic. Thunder King raid is datamined to have another thirteen bosses.

Now let's make something perfectly clear, Blizzard doesn't make these raids for select few world first guilds that will plow through everything in three days regardless of its difficulty. They make the game for 10+ million subscribers, lets take a wild guess that 10% of them raids. That's a million people there, who still have TON of content to have fun with. I myself am just 2 weeks after closing normal mode, right into heroic mogushan working on Delver atm. Still have whole 10 heroic bosses in remaining two instances to work on, which will get harder the further I go. And we're still top 5% of raiders, because on my server most guilds are still wallblocked on either Elegon or Garalon normals.

If only world first guilds mattered, raids would come out every week and they would still plow these in no time while normal players wouldn't even have a chance to see them.

This tier was also very heavily gated with final raid opening a full month after first one, that makes Terrace being out not even 2 full months yet.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2012-12-22 at 11:53 PM.

they said in an interview a bit back, 2months from raid patch to small content patch, 4months from small content patch to raid patch. 4months from 5.1 late february/early march.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Doubt they will release 5.2 that soon, I'm betting mid-spring to early-summer. Current tier has ton of bosses and barely 10%-ish of guilds made it through normal mode yet, let alone heroic. Thunder King raid is datamined to have another thirteen bosses.

Now let's make something perfectly clear, Blizzard doesn't make these raids for select few world first guilds that will plow through everything in three days regardless of its difficulty. They make the game for 10+ million subscribers, lets take a wild guess that 10% of them raids. That's a million people there, who still have TON of content to have fun with. I myself am just 2 weeks after closing normal mode, right into heroic mogushan working on Delver atm. Still have whole 10 heroic bosses in remaining two instances to work on, which will get harder the further I go. And we're still top 5% of raiders, because on my server most guilds are still wallblocked on either Elegon or Garalon normals.

If only world first guilds mattered, raids would come out every week and they would still plow these in no time while normal players wouldn't even have a chance to see them.

This tier was also very heavily gated with final raid opening a full month after first one, that makes Terrace being out not even 2 full months yet.
    Logically speaking, they wouldn't be designing/making decisions based on such a small portion of the player base that raids anyways. What about the majority? The ones who only do LFR? Likely, a large portion of those have long since done every raid in LFR, every scenario, every dungeon. Those are the larger portion of the paying player base. Why in the world would so and so amount of guilds having downed anything even really matter when they're in such a minority of what the actual player base does anyways?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I think you have the latest prediction of anyone in this thread.
    Its just the experiance not predictions. Never before there was a raid patch that was on ptr for less then 2 months and on top of that this is a 13 bosses raid so 2 months is a bare minimum that will take for this patch to be properly tested but as I said my guess is even more. Unless you wanna get buggy, broken annoing content
    Last edited by Tingol; 2012-12-23 at 09:09 AM.