Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Funny how people get slammed with infractions stating Israel should be transformed into a parking lot, but blind hate for Palestine goes untouched. Moderation bias at its best.
    I see quite the opposite. And in my opinion the only reason 'Israels should be transformed into a parking lot' got a ban, is because there a big Muslim population there.

You can see mods post in favor of Palestine, on very first page mod calls Israel a rogue state ... http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19548729
    Last edited by someotherguy; 2012-12-27 at 02:47 PM.

Funny how people get slammed with infractions stating Israel should be transformed into a parking lot, but blind hate for Palestine goes untouched. Moderation bias at its best.
    hating a group vs calls to annihilate a country and it's population.

Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    on very first page mod calls Israel a rogue state ...
    But he's right. Learn some history.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trotheus View Post
    Of course both sides are complicit in the violence.

I believe in equality for all people, so I don't like double standards. It's frustrating to hear people bash Israel for its role in the violence while excusing, or even supporting, Palestine for its own role.
    Ok, I see your point then. Yes, I agree, both are to blame. The reason why Israel is blamed more however, is because they stand in a position of power over the other actor. You know what saying, with power comes great responsability. The problem is that Israel only looks at its people, and tries to push others around for them. Yes, from a point of a israeli person, as long as Israel is strong, this will be good, but from the point of the nations that are under their heel, it isn't. And here's the deal. Both israeli and palestinians are people, and both should be equal in rights.

It seems clear to me that the root cause of the conflict is Islam. Everywhere in the world that it exists, there is conflict, whether in Europe, the Phillippines, Burma, etc. And then of course there is the extreme violence between its different sects. The difference between its doctrine of an eye for an eye and Christianity's of turning the other cheek is readily apparent in the development of Muslim nations vs. that of western ones. It's a bullish religion of conquest which refuses to yield an inch, when the best path forward for our species is clearly one of tolerance, understanding and compromise. I am, of course, speaking of the religion as a whole and not about individual Muslims.

I don't believe for a second that the existence of Israel is the problem; it's Israel's success that its neighbors hate it for. In a half century it has done what Islam failed to do for over 13 centuries - bring civility and development to the middle east.
    Not really. You'd be surprised, but a large part of palestinians are actually... christians. And I'd like to contradict your claim on the development of muslim nations with... Oman, UAE, Quatar, Kuwait etc. Unfortunately the problem is much bigger. The problem relates to when the colonial empires retreated. For example, let's take India and Pakistan.
    Did you know that before the UK retreated from there, the muslim and hindu people got along quite well? The problem was that when they retreated they drew some borders at random since they thought the 2 religions should be separated... and a part with more indians landed in Pakistan and a part with more muslim arabs landed in India. And the 2 countries started bickering that they want their parts. But neither gave an inch. And now both have nukes.

And about muslims being more violent... could be, but it's not because of religion. It's because they're crazy and the state simply does less then your state about them. This is a leadership problem, not a religion problem. If you want, a problem of muslim people is that they consider their women to be some sort of slaves. yes, with this I agree, this is a huge problem. But going to war... not more then christianity for example. It's just that their leadership fails to stop these cults.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    hating a group vs calls to annihilate a country and it's population.
    Its not even hating, its calling a group of people out for what they have done. These types seems to hate accountability for their actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Israel-Palestine "debate" in America, its good for a few things. Getting posters banned, and killing the careers of politicians and journalists.
    Just watch the Hagel nomination. A US veteran and war hero is getting smeared from the left and right. It's the new McCarthyism. Poor Chuck Hagel is pro-Israel, but just not pro-Israel enough.
    When a deranged person is stuck in a hole, what do they do? Dig deeper.

These super Israeli patriots think they're helping Israel by suppressing the debate. They're really just inhibiting Israeli's political and diplomatic growth. Grats, you're stuck in 1973.

The Hasbara love to remind us that Israel is the only "democracy" in the Middle East. Grats, you're the only 60 year-old democracy without a constitution.
    Good luck with the next 60, or even 20.

What are you smoking? The mod staff here is ultra-liberal and completely unable to separate their politics from their moderation duties. A guy in this thread expressed happiness at the "deserved" 9/11 attacks and didn't even get an infraction. Meanwhile I've had to triple-check everything I say before posting, because I've been infracted before for intelligently stating non-liberal positions.

=======================================

Arnorei - what choice has Israel had? As I said, Islam is an all-or-nothing religion, with a common theme among followers of being extremely against compromise and peace. It's a common mistake to ascribe western sensibilities to people in the middle east when the reality is they are nothing like us. If Israel laid down its arms, its 6 million Jews would be murdered. It's ridiculous that in the modern western world, those who defend themselves are seen as criminals for wanting to be alive.

Regardless of whether Palestinians follow yahweh or allah, the influence of Islam in the middle east is extensive and undeniable. The religion is not more violent because of failed leadership or because of the west (but your twisting of logic to somehow blame the west is duly noted), it is more violent because it was founded by a sociopathic child rapist and preaches hatred and revenge rather than love and forgiveness.

ps - the Muslim nations you mentioned are not exactly developed, they were simply lucky to have unfathomable amounts of oil.
    Last edited by Trotheus; 2012-12-27 at 10:43 PM.
    What the world needs is Lesshammad.

Deleted
    The religion is not more violent because of failed leadership or because of the west (but your twisting of logic to somehow blame the west is duly noted), it is more violent because it was founded by a sociopathic child rapist and preaches hatred and revenge rather than love and forgiveness.
    God damn it I thought we might have an intelligent discussion going on. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilu View Post
    God damn it I thought we might have an intelligent discussion going on. Oh well.
    You have to admit their belief system doesnt blend with modern society. Others have adapted to todays standards, time for the Palestinians to catch up.

Good, the settlements should continue and be expanded. It's time for Israel to retake the Sinai as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    You have to admit their belief system doesnt blend with modern society. Others have adapted to todays standards, time for the Palestinians to catch up.
    If that led them anywhere they might, but the most recent events have shown that extremism and unilateral actions are the only way to get things done. Anyway, I'm not going to bother arguing with someone who seriously thinks the prophet was a pedophile (that's Trotheus not you).

Deleted
    Israelian bashing is allowed but US bashing gets your banned within 2 min on this site. Quiet odd.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't help but feel guilty for this, because it's America's support that makes Israel's abuses possible. But how the hell are any of us supposed to oppose it? Neither of our political parties even discusses pulling support for Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Israelian bashing is allowed but US bashing gets your banned within 2 min on this site. Quiet odd.
    As someotherguy pointed out, at least one of the mods even participated in the Israel bashing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morsker View Post
    I can't help but feel guilty for this, because it's America's support that makes Israel's abuses possible. But how the hell are any of us supposed to oppose it? Neither of our political parties even discusses pulling support for Israel.
    Yeah the two-party system seems to be not so good for debating issues like this. But you can get involved in politics. A man is never better served than by himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that constitutes bashing a nation.

Additionally, if you take issue with moderation, send a message to Sunshine and report people who you think are breaking forum regulations.

If that led them anywhere they might, but the most recent events have shown that extremism and unilateral actions are the only way to get things done. Anyway, I'm not going to bother arguing with someone who seriously thinks the prophet was a pedophile (that's Trotheus not you).
    Slightly off-topic, but isn't that what it says in their book?

Edit: Actually it is, but it wasn't seen as wrong at that time. But regardless, calling him a pedophile would be an accurate assessment (if we are to believe the book). Although Trotheus could have worded it better to foster a more civil discussion.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2012-12-27 at 10:41 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Snip
    Congratulations, you are fully capable of copy/pasting entire wikipedia articles.
    You can call the donkey a horse as much as you want, it still wont change the fact it is a donkey.

Anyway, I'm not going to bother arguing with someone who seriously thinks the prophet was a pedophile (that's Trotheus not you).
    That's rich coming from someone who is glad 9/11 happened and feels it was deserved.

Aisha was barely 9 years old by the 354-day Muslim lunar calendar when Mohammed raped her, which would make her 8 in solar years. This is well known, and child marriages are very common in the Arab/Muslim world because of it, especially on the Arabian peninsula. I remember a case where a Saudi judge twice denied an 8 year old girl's plea to divorce her 47 year old husband. I think it was in 2008. Same country where women aren't allowed to drive, mind you.

Pray tell, if raping an 8 year old is not pedophilia, what is? I also don't buy into the idea that it was a different time with different notions of what was OK. While marriage certainly happened earlier in the past due to a generally lower lifespan and less education, prepubescent children are physiologically not ready for sex. There is absolutely no excuse for it.
    Last edited by Trotheus; 2012-12-27 at 10:54 PM.
    What the world needs is Lesshammad.

Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    That is well known. Saying ANYTHING against the obvious cynical usage of "zionist" as a curse word against Jews, may, in fact, get you on the good side of the pan-islamists on this community. On the other hand, even stating known truths about Islamic manipulation and brainwashing of "modern Europe" through endless inter-breeding and migrations, may get you banned.

History always repeats itself. Once every century or so, killing/insulting/outcasting Jews becomes a trend. And while the reasons sometimes change (Blamed for killing Jesus and drinking baby blood in the dark ages, taking all the jobs in the early 20th century, or "stealing all the lands of poor poor people..." right now), the target stays.

The hypocrisy of my own people is shameful. The fact the average Muslim wont think twice before lying if it harms a Jew is even more shameful. The fact some members of my family are some of those people is the most shameful of all.

But why embrace modern laws and culture, if you can hold the whole civilized world by the balls with a bomb strapped to your chest?

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 12:46 AM ----------

That's rich coming from someone who is glad 9/11 happened and feels it was deserved.

Aisha was barely 9 years old by the 354-day Muslim lunar calendar when Mohammed raped her, which would make her 8 in solar years. This is well known, and child marriages are very common in the Arab/Muslim world because of it, especially on the Arabian peninsula. I remember a case where a judge twice denied an 8 year old girl's plea to divorce her 47 year old husband. I think it was in 2008.
    Did you miss the well-spread "Hamas wedding" video from, I think, back in 2008? 30 odd 20+ year old Hamas "activists" (Or, as I like to call them, future blood smears on Israel's pavement) marrying 7-9 year old girls? Or the known child executions? (Which, mind, are still legal and normal happenstance in Iran as well...)
    I keep remembering that old Golda Meir quote: "They (Arabs) will make peace with us (Jews) when they start loving their children more than they hate us". Or, in other words: Probably never for most people.