10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Honestly, if it had a 24 hour day cycle, and there would be eight hours where everybody just slept, I think I'd find that an issue too.
    I mean, logic indicates that the ingame time would cycle much faster than real life. Yeah that would be terrible but I don't believe they would be that clueless to do something like that. Its probably something like 1 hour ingame = 1 minute or something like that. Primetime is generally during the evening, so yeah, if it stayed night time when everyone was able to play it would be pretty bad haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    The roundtable is great. But is themepark and sandbox the only MMO terms when talking about the world? theme park seems more and more to be a bit of an insult, when the goal is to have as much of an open and free world as possible.
    There is no model which is better or worse than the other in theory. Only execution. If one wanted to create a theme park MMO, the only basis of judgement that matters to that effect is whether the design goal was accomplished successfully.

That would be a "goal" from a development standpoint. Not an "open and free" world, per se.

One can create a theme park, campaign or sandbox styled MMO. EQN is being designed as the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Well you're taking the extreme of what I said lol.
    Well, in fairness making EQN into "WOW 2.0" is fairly extreme. Warcraft is the quintessential theme park MMO.

As EQN is a sandbox, the style is directly contra to a theme park. You couldn't make a game that is both a theme park and sandbox. You'd end up making a totally different game at that point. And it would be as radical as turning EQN into an FPS or single player racing game- which modifies their DD/T fundamentally.

You should be seeing this just modding the forums here. Vendors closing up shop at night? "QQ, what if I can only play at night? CHANGE PL0X. THIS GAME SUCKS." Its coming.
    I see what you are driving at more clearly now.

Though those are mechanical changes. Not necessarily philosophical or design ones- which "WOW 2.0" would imply if we are looking at it from a high level. But what you are saying seems more granular, I take it. More about the conveniences and ease of access that "WOW 2.0" would also imply but from a mechanical POV.

Fair enough.

I completely agree with you, Forsedar. I highly doubt that they will have a day/night cycle like WoW (10pm in real world = 10pm in game and dark). I am guessing they will have a 2-3 hour day, 2-3 hour night cycle. And I think I will be vocal on the forums like you. One thing I would like to see, is a "living world" as in, the leaves begin to change in the fall, and snow covers the ground during the winter. And please, for the love of all that is holy, HAVE SOME GOD DAMN WEATHER IN THE WORLD! And I don't mean once a month it will rain in this little area for 3 minutes. I am talking real weather, and it affecting the world (npcs are scarce on the roads when raining, some shops many not be open if it snows too much, etc).

My wish of a real living MMORPG world probably won't be happening any time soon, but I will continue to hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    eqnextfans.com has all the videos. It was the hour long Q&A panel that he mentions it. He's really good humored about it.
    That sounds hopeful. I really really don't want to have anything to do with Pro7
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Anybody else having problems signing up for Beta? Everytime I try to select apply all I get is "Sorry, there was an error in the registration process"
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    Anybody else having problems signing up for Beta? Everytime I try to select apply all I get is "Sorry, there was an error in the registration process"
    I didn't have any problems when i registered on the EU version of the site everquest(-)next(.)co.()uk

You can play on eu or us servers on all SoE games with a SoE account, i'm in the UK and have never got a PSS1 account and i play on EU servers fine. Unless SoE are gonna change there policies for EQN I would assume that this should still be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Oh yeah, I'm just trying to make him admit he's leeching off his government How can you call yourself semi-hardcore if it's all you do xD

Sigh, I just feel an infraction coming for saying the first part of the above, but... /shrug. Freedom of speech, etc.
    Why do you feel the need to 'make them admit' that?
    Freedom of speach? Alright:
    You're a dick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    No, but what about portable hole-makers?
    I remember them saying they'd let us mine anywhere.

So... mine out real quick!

In terms of the round table. I just don't want them changing the action combat, layered world / exploration and class system really.

I guess my .02 is that... I hope to god SOE does not listen to the community. Its been too often that I've seen great potential in games destroyed by the playerbase because they just want another WoW 2.0. They really need to stick to their guns and do what they think is best, which is surprising to hear from me... mostly because I was fed up with Ghostcrawler basically saying he knows what people want more than they do (pretty sure he really did say it).

If they're trying to go for something entirely new, they need to just do what they want and tell the community "deal with it." Of course, if something is so crazy off the wall and absolutely horrible, that is when we should speak up. I'm going to be pretty vocal on the forums once they go live, but more so towards the ones who try to change every aspect of the game so EQN isn't the EQN we want.
    Totally agree. Listening to whiners on the forums is the worst type of design decision. All they should be listened to is for quality of life changes and not game design decisions because the grand majority don't know what the hell they are talking about anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I remember them saying they'd let us mine anywhere.

So... mine out real quick!

In terms of the round table. I just don't want them changing the action combat, layered world / exploration and class system really.
    The round-table is more likely to ask you "what classes would you like to see?" than "do you think we should just totally change our selling-pointish class system?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is really what I only hope to see in there, but I don't know, it's only been week one.

10+ Year Old Account
    After seeing the first alpha vids... I'm getting a real console vibe from this. Seems like this one is destined for the PS4. Not sure why, but I really get a strong feeling about it heading there. Maybe it's the whole user-driven content thing.

There is some [limited] precedence in SOE polling EQ players on gameplay changes and implementing the winning results in the past. Like on the timelocked servers, polls were up to bring back corpse running. And most players were like, "fuck no" and thus SOE didn't enable the feature. I vaguely recall a few EQ2 ones where SOE polled the community about this or that upcoming feature they wanted developed/overhauled or story direction, etc.

There was some Planetside 2 stuff liek too my husband was telling me about a few months ago.

So yea. We might get Ratonga if roundtable has it's way. There is the potential they will do such things.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-08-05 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    After seeing the first alpha vids... I'm getting a real console vibe from this. Seems like this one is destined for the PS4. Not sure why, but I really get a strong feeling about it heading there. Maybe it's the whole user-driven content thing.
    I think it definitely will be going to consoles as a PS4 exclusive. Good for them. There need to be more MMO choices on consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    There's a chance. PlanetSide 2 is slated for a PS4 release, after all. Do keep in mind that while it's the same base engine in both of these games, EQN uses it's own modified version.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I wouldn't mind seeing Ratonga, but honestly I would rather see every race that was in both EQ1/EQ2 simultaneously before they make a comeback. (Trolls, Barbarians, Half Elfs, Halflings, Iksar, Lady Gaga, etc. )
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    it seems ambitious. I might give it a shot eventually.

To be honest, WoW needs something innovative to refresh the MMO Scene. EQN and EQNL look pretty innovative to me. Minecraft in Norrath? Sounds like fun!
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I enjoy the Day/Night cycle in FF14. That would be okay by me.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, logic indicates that the ingame time would cycle much faster than real life. Yeah that would be terrible but I don't believe they would be that clueless to do something like that. Its probably something like 1 hour ingame = 1 minute or something like that. Primetime is generally during the evening, so yeah, if it stayed night time when everyone was able to play it would be pretty bad haha.
    Iirc, 12 hours in EQ1 was roughly 30 minutes real time. I’d imagine they’d keep it around that. Many times I’d zone into Kithicor in the early teen levels and it would be night time and I’d have to wait ~20 minutes before going across the zone because I was scared I was going to die from the undead that only spawned at night. Also, using extreme caution at night time when exping at The Overthere when the dragoons started patrolling at night.