I actually first heard about EQN a couple weeks ago and rolled my eyes. I never played any EQ game before, but I obviously knew of them, and coming out with a new one seemed kind of like when MySpace tried to make itself relevant again somewhat recently. After watching the "official" reveal on Twitch, reading through this thread and looking through current info... I have to say it's probably the top game I'm looking forward to now.

I'm trying not to get over-hyped, but I really like the angle they're taking. The idea of a truly living, breathing world will be completely awesome if they can pull it off. That's something I feel is missing from games right now, and makes the other mmos currently in development look like they were from a previous generation.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

The European website is crap right? Signing up for beta there is pointless?

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    "Final specifications for the MMO have not yet been announced by the developers, but they are aiming to make sure that even 4, 5-year-old computers will be able to play it, even if some graphical quality might be lost"

Whilst you will ofc need a good computer for the best graphics, its not going to be a hog supposedly.
    That's what they said about Guild Wars 2. And you really need a fast CPU to play that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    The European website is crap right? Signing up for beta there is pointless?
    The website is fine it's ProS that's crap, use aproxy and sign up with your SoE account on the .com eqn site like most people did... taht's if the reports of the beta requests being full isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Goretog View Post
    The website is fine it's ProS that's crap, use aproxy and sign up with your SoE account on the .com eqn site like most people did... taht's if the reports of the beta requests being full isn't true.
    Meh, if I can't sign up for beta without issues, it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    That's what they said about Guild Wars 2. And you really need a fast CPU to play that one.
    I will near guarantee $400 will buy you a rig that can play EQN. Because I fully expect it to be on PS4.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, if I can't sign up for beta without issues, it's not worth it.
    At the Q&A, Georgeson said he was aware of the petition and was being flooded with e-mails about the issues. Said they're going to look into their options upon return to the office after the weekend to get that problem fixed or a direct solution, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by onigan View Post
    is there any info on this mmo-c guild?

im really interested being apart of a good, friendly, active group when ENQL and EQN both come out, (can you imagine all of us connecting our claims together and building a great guild hall with a small town around it? ^^)

EQNL can already be expected in a few months!
    We stated several times that right now it's tentative and we really won't have anymore structure or foundation until the game is a lot closer to being released. Obviously we can't just toss you a guild invite right now if that's what you're wanting. And no we don't have secret guild meetings until then in the old library basement or anything. We'll let everyone know what's going when we get a release date for Landmark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Whatever problems Shadow priests have, have nothing to do with Mobility. And Shadow seriously shouldn't see any sort of buff before Disc is nerfed into the ground. Because right now any sort of buff that could in any way trickle into disc, would turn the damn thing into the incarnation of Jesus Christ the Avenger, as the definition of demigod would be insufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by deathjester View Post
    Wildstar? I have no idea why Ultima Online and SWG could have housing and we had to wait this long for another game to have it, but it looks like it might do pretty well in Asia. Don't know how well it will do in the US though.
    Housing is also one of the most massively detailed and widely used features in EQ 2. I'm sure we'll see it even more popular in EQN with Landmark tied to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joyrock View Post
    And no we don't have secret guild meetings until then in the old library basement or anything.
    /suspicious look

I want to see inkie models!

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I want to see inkie models!
    I wanna see dragons.... oh and the actual game world ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by onigan View Post
    is there any info on this mmo-c guild?

im really interested being apart of a good, friendly, active group when ENQL and EQN both come out, (can you imagine all of us connecting our claims together and building a great guild hall with a small town around it? ^^)

EQNL can already be expected in a few months!
    Just the tentative plans of people in this thread so far - since Friday afternoon

So far the best idea for a name I came up with on the weekend was something riffing off "Champion" , as a subtle nod to MMO-Champion.com

< Champion >

< Champions >

< Champions of Norrath >

< Champions of Innorruuk >

The plus side of < Champion > is that looking at our toons it would read:

Yvaelle Ainekaiev
    < Champion >

Alternately, the plural kind of sounds better, but lacks the appearance of a title:

Yvaelle Ainekaiev
    < Champions >

When I first joined EQ1 I was in a Dark Elf only guild called < Guardians of Innorruuk >, so that one has personal significance - but I'm not obviously not planning on forcing people to play evil races, so < Champions of Innorruuk > seems the least likely.

To add more detail about the guild, I'd pick a Central US data center server - ideally Denver - so that everyone has good pings. I'd plan for a medium-to-high pop server, so we don't run into hour long server join queue times on a mega-high pop - plus being on an overpopulated server on a sandbox can really suck.

It may even be best to be on a medium-to-low pop server because it's a sandbox. We will know more on this once we are in the beta and have an idea for their expected server populations.

I'd aim for a PvE-rules realm. PvP realms in EQ games in my experience are kind of a nightmare, and if the game is as sandboxy as it claims - any true raiding would be ruled out on those servers. RP rules servers in EQ would only limit peoples choices of what they can play with one another - if people want to play Dark Elves I don't want to bar them from entry - or if I play a dark elf I don't want to kick everyone out
    So let's maximize guildie race/class combo choice.

I'm a hardcore raider, but I wouldn't want to impose that on others - no pressure to level up quickly or to raid. I suspect I'd if anything aim for an alliance with a raid guild so that any interested could raid: worked well on my EQ1 and vanilla WoW servers, surprised you don't see it more often. Or.... full disclosure... I may turn the guild into a heroic boss killing machine... I'm not very good at playing MMO's casually: even though I'd like to be

I'm a little worried about my ability to run a guild though, I'm going to be in England from January -> June-ish, for one of my degrees. The game won't be out until after I come back, but I could end up being on the EU side of things during the Beta.

It's a little pre-emptive, but if we have loot distribution control, I'd recommend EPGP for a loot priority system, it's the least dramatic; I like to minimize drama wherever possible (key to running long-term guilds).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joyrock View Post
    And no we don't have secret guild meetings until then in the old library basement or anything.
    Good work throwing them off about our secret meeting place (in the cavern behind the Waterfall in Neriak Commons) - they will all go to the basement of the derelict library now!

You know what's really cool? I checked 4 different map sites for Neriak in EQ1, and NONE of them apparently know about the cave network I am talking about. Neriak was a hugely popular city on my server, but like nobody knew that if your swimming skill was maxxed your could swim up the waterfall into the caves They connected all the way down behind a false shelf in the tavern, it was an awesome hideout

At the top of the map above, that big pool with the path going around it is the basin for the falls
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-08-06 at 04:56 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Champions of Norrath was an actual Everquest game series. An excellent one at that. It might not be allowed as a guild name in EQN as it is a Sony product line.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Champions of Norrath was an actual Everquest game series. An excellent one at that. It might not be allowed as a guild name in EQN as it is a Sony product line.
    I forgot about that, good point!

I'm leaning more toward Champion or Champions anyways I think

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    lol, Champions of Norrath was the name of my first guild I joined in like 2003.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any chance of this game getting it's own subforum or is more likely Curse will do a full blown site soon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    Any chance of this game getting it's own subforum or is more likely Curse will do a full blown site soon?
    Not any time soon. If the activity ramps up significantly to the point it needs one, then Sunshine / Bibi may make one.

I'd honestly wait until a game has been released and has proven to have a solid userbase before making a subforum for it. No matter how promising :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Not any time soon. If the activity ramps up significantly to the point it needs one, then Sunshine / Bibi may make one.
    I'd honestly wait until a game has been released and has proven to have a solid userbase before making a subforum for it. No matter how promising :P
    I only asked cause the 'sub' game Landmark will be out much sooner. Though I think like some of the posters here I may already have a guild being built around me for the actual MMO. Crazyness innit'?

I only asked cause the 'sub' game Landmark will be out much sooner. Though I think like some of the posters here I may already have a guild being built around me for the actual MMO. Crazyness innit'?
    Meh, every big MMO with a megathread has had a guild planned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Definitely by the time Landmark comes out I'll get us our own EQN sub-forum, if not before. All the other major MMO's got one - and having one up before the MMO goes live is a good way to get the community to seed here, rather than on some other inferior website