Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    It's just a name. It's not meant to make you fearful. Jesus christ you always find something to twist and complain about.
    Wouldn't it have been awesome if there were mechanics like the mobs in the catacombs, where you get isolated / down to 1hp / etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    BC/pre-BC raid elitism is 7 years ago that way -----> . Please hop into the nearest time machine and enjoy.
    This have nothing to do with elitism.... you are the one complaing about lackluster fight... Like i said, kill it on heroic and then say something.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was no fear. I'm not talking about difficulty.

This is supposed to be the scariest thing in azeroth since yogg'saron.

There is nothing "fear" about this thing.
    Most of the leetists can't be bothered to read your post, they read the title and made assumptions. Such toxic people...really...
    Also, I agree, the model of the sha was just...blah. I though Yogg-Saron was more horrific/frightful looking than the sha.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    This have nothing to do with elitism.... you are the one complaing about lackluster fight... Like i said, kill it on heroic and then say something.
    What does DIFFICULTY have to do with ATMOSPHERE? Did you even understand what this thread is about?

10+ Year Old Account
    BC/pre-BC raid elitism is 7 years ago that way -----> . Please hop into the nearest time machine and enjoy.
    Vanilla and BC had heroic mode raids?
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Deleted
    Guess you've never played Classic or TBC, every boss in Classic WoW was nothing else than standing there pressing few buttons, TBC had a few more interesting encounters but still the same overall.

I was pretty disappointed with the lack of any RP at the end of the kill on heroic WTB badass cinematic for every end tier boss.

If you pay any attention to the story, or lore, each Sha is the embodiment of such emotion... the quest ones are absolutely right and the sentiment is there. As said above, whilst you go to the Catacombs of Niu'Zao where the Sha of Fear was being held, the atmosphere and the 'fear' spells from the adds along the catacombs are absolutely amazing. Fear of death, having you be displayed at 1hp, fear of loneliness, having everything vanish around you... those work very well in that setting. On the raid however... the only fear is his breath... and it's rather ... unnoticeable.

Every other manifestation of the Sha is well adjusted to it's name... but no, Sha of Fear is not.

This is in regards of the setting and atmosphere, not the difficulty, as already said above.

What does DIFFICULTY have to do with ATMOSPHERE? Did you even understand what this thread is about?
    Heroic difficulty has an extra phase that brings you to another realm. The more you know.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I have an opinion which involves taking disappointment in the game way too personally, and I need an outlet for it. And don't you DARE disagree with me, or you're just a troll idiot hypocrite casual!

I don't think the Sha are necessarily meant to be the physical manifestation of negative emotions, but rather a malicious form of parasite that feeds on those negative emotions. Someone somewhere is afraid, a Sha feeds on that fear. Someone is angry, a Sha feeds on that anger. The Sha of Fear is not itself the origin of the Fear, thus not the "scariest thing since Yogg Saron". The Sha of Anger does not bring the anger into Pandaria. We do. The Sha just feasts on it and thus grows in power. Mutatis mutandis.

Slightly off-topic: Violence is not an emotion. That always bugged me a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    If you pay any attention to the story, or lore, each Sha is the embodiment of such emotion... the quest ones are absolutely right and the sentiment is there. As said above, whilst you go to the Catacombs of Niu'Zao where the Sha of Fear was being held, the atmosphere and the 'fear' spells from the adds along the catacombs are absolutely amazing. Fear of death, having you be displayed at 1hp, fear of loneliness, having everything vanish around you... those work very well in that setting. On the raid however... the only fear is his breath... and it's rather ... unnoticeable.

Every other manifestation of the Sha is well adjusted to it's name... but no, Sha of Fear is not.

This is in regards of the setting and atmosphere, not the difficulty, as already said above.
    I think plenty of people understand that. There is also a giant "who cares?" reaction because they care more about the mechanics, which apparently others who thrive more on RP crap than actual gameplay can't get.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Heroic difficulty has an extra phase that brings you to another realm. The more you know.
    Oh you mean ADD phase in another color scheme? Yeah, been there, not impressed.

Have you ever done even regular Yogg'Saron and had to be afraid of losing your sanity and control of your character?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Most of the leetists can't be bothered to read your post, they read the title and made assumptions. Such toxic people...really...
    Also, I agree, the model of the sha was just...blah. I though Yogg-Saron was more horrific/frightful looking than the sha.

Yogg-Saron is just that...Yogg-Saron. Sha of Fear intimidates me enough. If you want more do it on heroic.

Have you ever done even regular Yogg'Saron and had to be afraid of losing your sanity and control of your character?

What's wrong with being ADD? Is it derogotory or something? Grow up

I've done Yogg-Saron and they're both on par in fearfullness IMO

Your opinion against everyone elses.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    I think plenty of people understand that. There is also a giant "who cares?" reaction, which apparently others who thrive more on RP crap than actual gameplay can't get.
    Wrong. I think plenty of people say "who care?" because they don't give a shit what they're doing as long as it gives them loot.

Right...you beat Sha of Fear on heroic. You stink of bullshit.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I don't think the Sha are necessarily meant to be the physical manifestation of negative emotions, but rather a malicious form of parasite that feeds on those negative emotions. Someone somewhere is afraid, a Sha feeds on that fear. Someone is angry, a Sha feeds on that anger. The Sha of Fear is not itself the origin of the Fear, thus not the "scariest thing since Yogg Saron". The Sha of Anger does not bring the anger into Pandaria. We do. The Sha just feasts on it and thus grows in power. Mutatis mutandis.

Slightly off-topic: Violence is not an emotion. That always bugged me a little bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Vanilla and BC had heroic mode raids?
    They didn't need heroic difficulty they were hard enough. I don't know anyone personally who cleared Sunwell or Naxx in their respective times.

Deleted
    DUDE, what is your PROBLEM? This entire first part of the expansion was supposed to be about this SHA bullshit, and now that we finally face it it's as climactic as a toothbrush.

I'm not TWISTING anything, this is the truth, and for a raid that's supposed to be the endgame of these first months, it SUCKS.
    It's a very personal thing if its good or not, no reason to try changing what other people think if they like it.

Wrong. I think plenty of people say "who care?" because they don't give a shit what they're doing as long as it gives them loot.
    Wrong. Plenty of people who raid past LFR want interesting fights.