Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    What if they really are registered democ-

Oh there we go. Please continue to bash Fox any way you can before you do any research, though. The cool thing about American politics is people can believe one thing and vote another, and quite a good number of our voters do.
    They didn't call him the Democratic pastor, they called him left-wing. His positions are not left-wing in the slightest. If he were truly as leftist as Fox claims he is, he wouldn't call Obama the anti-Christ.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Why? Nothing is going to come of it - indeed, nothing should. You can't say you support freedom of the press and then crusade against the press for exercising that right. There are people who will abuse their liberties, but taking action against them by abrogating that liberty sets a dangerous precedent.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 03:47 PM ----------

And this means what, exactly? The parties in the United States are so large and generic that of course you're going to have people contrary to the majority platform.
    Calm down son, I'm just asking for a source. Not for abolishment of the first amendment.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

they are neither left nor right. they are simply zealots who love the sound of their own voice. they get off on the media attention from both sides and will continue to do so as long as it brings them attention and fame. to put it in world of warcraft terms.. ladies and gentleman i introduce you to the first media fueled religious troll group in the world.... WBC

You can be a democrat and be anti-gay, just like I can be a republican and be pro-gay. One issue does not form an entire political spectrum, and the WBC really only care about homosexuals. How many times have they picketed soldiers' funerals (the USAF being extremely right wing) saying that they deserve it for protecting homosexuals?
    They also hate Muslims and Jews. Oh, and Catholics. Really anyone who isn't in their little hate group.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Just a little bit of easily verifiable information about Fred Phelps,

You dont have to like it, but the fact is PHELPS IS A DEMOCRAT. Sorry that doesn't fit with your position, despite how much you hate Fox, they told the truth on this.
    Totally irrelevant to what I said. I was talking about you getting pissy over people laughing at Fox all the time. My comment was on Fox's record, not this current event. Not only that, but who said anything about hating Fox? I just think it's damn funny how often they get caught presenting bullshit facts. Also, independents will sometimes try and join a large party just to have the Dem/Rep title so they have more clout and people don't just ignore them for being an independent.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 09:15 PM ----------

You can be a democrat and be anti-gay, just like I can be a republican and be pro-gay. One issue does not form an entire political spectrum, and the WBC really only care about homosexuals. How many times have they picketed soldiers' funerals (the USAF being extremely right wing) saying that they deserve it for protecting homosexuals? Their religious extremeism certainly points toward the right wing if we are to believe historic trends, but don't kid yourself into thinking only right wing people are religious.

Again, this thread is full of massive stereotyping and bigotry and little actual reason.
    We both know this isn't your first time on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    They also hate Muslims and Jews.
    Last I checked conservatives and liberals believe in much more than social issues. In fact, social issues (which still include dozens of issues other than race/sexuality) are still only one of several main points of political discussion, including the economy and world affairs. The WBC really doesn't stand for much other than getting attention, it's hard to say what their political affiliation actually is. If I had to give them a label, it would probably be "successful."

The real point is why does Fox News need to call him a leftist when his political views are obviously not influencing him in the slightest when it comes to picketing dead people's funerals?

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I usually avoid Fox so I can't really tell: Is the degree of misinformation always this bad, or is this one an extreme example?
    No, it is usually worse.

The real point is why does Fox News need to call him a leftist when his political views are obviously not influencing him in the slightest when it comes to picketing dead people's funerals?
    To set them aside from the CONSERVATIVE biker group that stopped them. This thread is trying to make this article as a Fox attempt to bash the left, when it's really a Fox attempt to make the right look a little better. The entire article can be summarized as "conservatives stopped the non-conservative WBC who is not in any way representative of conservatives please stop believing they are from picketing again."

Again, as was said by other posters, people are letting blind hatred of Fox distract from the actual purpose of the article.

Many of you would consider labeling WBC as "rightwing" fair, which almost any conservative would heavily disagree with. But, of course, when it isn't your faction being painted in a bad light, you're all for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their religious extremeism certainly points toward the right wing if we are to believe historic trends, but don't kid yourself into thinking only right wing people are religious.
    Don't put words in my mouth.

I stated that anti-gay is a (far) right-wing stance. Nothing about being a Republican or Democrat, since I feel someone can claim to be a Republican but take the "left" stance to certain issues (as you pointed out with your stance on gays).

Nowhere in my post did I claim that right-wing people are religious. Nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Don't put words in my mouth.

I stated that anti-gay is a (far) right-wing stance. Nothing about being a Republican or Democrat, since I feel someone can claim to be a Republican but take the "left" stance to certain issues (as you pointed out with your stance on gays).

Nowhere in my post did I claim that right-wing people are religious. Nowhere.
    I'm posting for more people than just you, relax. No one is going to die as a result of this thread, recent studies show.

I'm only even posting here for entertainment purposes, honestly. Everyone here should know that the demographic of MMOC is going to have a staggering and extreme liberal bias, which means maybe three people total will read my posts with objectivity and actually have a chance at agreeing with anything I say. If someone posts a ridiculous thing MSNBC says it will get 10,000 views and 0 replies because no one wants to talk about liberals saying something dumb. Fox is only a hot topic on this forum because this forum is full of Fox haters, just like WoW is only a hot topic on this forum because this forum is full of WoW haters.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-12-25 at 05:24 AM.

To set them aside from the CONSERVATIVE biker group that stopped them. This thread is trying to make this article as a Fox attempt to bash the left, when it's really a Fox attempt to make the right look a little better. The entire article can be summarized as "conservatives stopped the non-conservative WBC who is not in any way representative of conservatives please stop believing they are from picketing again."

Again, as was said by other posters, people are letting blind hatred of Fox distract from the actual purpose of the article.
    Their intent behind the article is subject to interpretation. From the articles I see below the main one:
    Editor's Picks: "Obama Reelection Layoffs Continue…
    Pelosi On House Floor: Stop Smirking At Me!
    Obama Gets Humiliated in the Pacific
    I find their intent somewhat questionable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    Fox news is singling out the pastor as the democrat, and not including his entire church!
    The page itself stated "Left-Wing Westboro Cult." That's hardly singling out the pastor. Furthermore, the Patriot Guard Riders - the motorcycle group in the story - consists of people from ALL walks of life and affiliations.

From the mission statement on their own page:

The Patriot Guard Riders is a diverse amalgamation of riders from across the nation. We have one thing in common besides motorcycles. We have an unwavering respect for those who risk their very lives for America’s freedom and security. If you share this respect, please join us.

We don’t care what you ride or if you ride, what your political views are, or whether you’re a hawk or a dove. It is not a requirement that you be a veteran. It doesn't matter where you’re from or what your income is; you don’t even have to ride. The only prerequisite is Respect.

http://www.patriotguard.org/

The fact is that this is a simple story about people taking a stand for human dignity against a group of venomous hatemongers. Trying to put a left/right spin on it is disgraceful, regardless of what news outlet was brazen enough to do it.
    Last edited by Nero Duskwind; 2012-12-25 at 05:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I ask: What were the Westboro's beaching about this time?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Their intent behind the article is subject to interpretation. From the articles I see below the main one:
    Editor's Picks: "Obama Reelection Layoffs Continue…
    Pelosi On House Floor: Stop Smirking At Me!
    Obama Gets Humiliated in the Pacific
    I find their intent somewhat questionable.
    Selling what your readers want to read, I'm afraid. All news sources do it, which is why reasonable people, like I would believe I am, will advise you to get your news sources from several different and opposing viewpoints. Considering Fox is the main, if only, conservative news source in America, any reasonable person should attempt to use their articles to cross reference other news sources to obtain something closer to reality. Believing anything you see only once is true madness.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post
    It is....

Huffington Post freely publishes that Democrats are smarter than Republicans then every person decides to recommend and re-post it claiming intellectual superiority. If it was the other way around then I bet it wouldn't have been published.

WBC is neither left or right-wing. Anyone who claims it is actually Right-wing is hilarious. You can't simply put this on a wing.
    I strongly object to that. No where in the articles does it post its smarter. HuffPost doesn't have a complete liberal agenda. When Obama was considering cuts to some programs they printed that in bold letters. Its a moral issue and whats right rather then what side the partys stand on. It just happens most liberals don't make the news by trying to cut programs for those who need it most.

I love what lengths fox will take to somehow separate themselves from the WBC when they frequently host and listen to anti gay rights pundits and politicians. The only diff between fox and WBC on these issues is how fox loves to parade around about how patriotic they are. But to give credit where it's due I do often see vids and articles where bill O'Riley calls them pin heads and discredits them.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I strongly object to that. No where in the articles does it post its smarter. HuffPost doesn't have a complete liberal agenda. When Obama was considering cuts to some programs they printed that in bold letters. Its a moral issue and whats right rather then what side the partys stand on. It just happens most liberals don't make the news by trying to cut programs for those who need it most.
    Huffingtonpost is pretty liberal. Liberal agenda doesn't mean Obama's agenda. I find Obama to be pretty blue-dog.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Kkk was founded by Democrats, and the left opposed the abolition of slavery
    Come the fuck on. Everyone knows the dems of 18 fucking 70 is not the dems of today. And the same goes for the republicans when they were FOR Frederal power over state power even you know this. Stop being disingenuous.

15+ Year Old Account
    To set them aside from the CONSERVATIVE biker group that stopped them.

As I stated before, the Patriot Guard Riders, the group that has time and again rode to funerals targeted by the WBC in order to protect the mourners, claim no political affiliations and its members come from both sides of the aisle. Fox News painting the group as "conservative" is basically an attempt the heroes of the story for the GOP and is in every bit poor taste as it was to label the WBC a "Left Wing Cult." This type of "reporting" accomplishes nothing else other than to continue to exacerbate the deep partisan divide that has existed for the last 13 years.
    Last edited by Nero Duskwind; 2012-12-25 at 05:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile