Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Exclamation What would you do if you survived the apocalypse?

Personally since I am a big time loner already, I would probably just wander solo from place to place in a endless cycle. I wouldn't be a bad ass or anything just a wanderer. I may make occasional friends on my journeys, but I would drift out of their lives as quickly as I drifted in.

I donno to me the solitude of walking alone in some desert wasteland seems kinda peaceful, and would be a really good way to clear your mind. Finding a survivor colony of people doesn't interest me. Why would you go straight back to the chains of society right after you have been freed from them?

Then again maybe I have watched too many movies :/
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2012-12-28 at 01:56 AM.

Go downtown and take a lambourghini and drive it around... if it still worked or something

Kill myself. Too dependent on the modern lifestyle.

Unless the Apocalypse is caused by mankind I'm not expecting to be alive to even witness it and even then I can't think of many tactical reasons to nuke Utah so I'd assume for the most part I'd continue living "normally."

Look for a woman.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

Gather up survivors and form our new family. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Buzkil View Post
    Go downtown and take a lambourghini and drive it around... if it still worked or something
    It would be useless because the roads would be clogged with abandon vehicles.

Probably die of despair. I can only lone wolf it for so long.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I guess to each his own, but in my eyes the modern lifestyle sucks. There is just too much stuff to cloud your thinking and corrupt you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    This guy gets it. I'd kill myself too.

And in this desert wasteland I suppose there is plenty of food and water, and no bandits that either want to rape/murder/enslave you.

Personally if I survived, after making sure my wife was either alive or dead, I would gather as much of my camping supplies I have around the house, any first aid stuff, and as much food and water as I could fit in the car and anything that could be used as a weapon, and head off towards the coast and move north. Try to find myself some empty cave on some aboriginal land where there werent many people before hand.

Sit low for awhile, see if its a world wide thing or just limited to Australia. Just fish and keep an eye out for entruders and just live out the rest of our lives in hopefully somewhat peace..

Oh and a deck or two of cards, id go crazy if I dodnt atleast have that.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Deleted
    I'd probably stay alive as long as I could, just to experience what comes afterwards :\

Eat my gun.I adapt piss poor to change.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    It would be useless because the roads would be clogged with abandon vehicles.
    Depends on what kind of Apocalypse we are talking about here. Regardless though, it's not like every vehicle would be suddenly conjured onto roads in a road-block fashion.

I'd do the same thing. I'd go get a Ferrari and tear it up for a while.

Deleted
    I would probably do something similiar like the OP. Depends though if any family members or friends are alive. If not I would most likely settle down alone or wander from town to town.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    And in this desert wasteland I suppose there is plenty of food and water, and no bandits that either want to rape/murder/enslave you.

Personally if I survived, after making sure my wife was either alive or dead, I would gather as much of my camping supplies I have around the house, any first aid stuff, and as much food and water as I could fit in the car and anything that could be used as a weapon, and head off towards the coast and move north. Try to find myself some empty cave on some aboriginal land where there werent many people before hand.

Sit low for awhile, see if its a world wide thing or just limited to Australia. Just fish and keep an eye out for entruders and just live out the rest of our lives in hopefully somewhat peace..

Oh and a deck or two of cards, id go crazy if I dodnt atleast have that.
    I think the thing to do would be to look for the crappiest place possible to live if you survived an apocalypse. Tons of people are going to flock to the good places the dump places like deserts and sewers are going to be untapped resources.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Personally since I am a big time loner already, I would probably just wander solo from place to place in a endless cycle. I wouldn't be a bad ass or anything just a wanderer.

I donno to me the solitude of walking alone in some desert wasteland seems kinda peaceful, and would be a really good way to clear your mind. Finding a survivor colony of people doesn't interest me. Why would you go straight back to the chains of society right after you have been freed from them?

then again maybe I have watched too many movies :/
    Chances of survival would be pretty poor for you, I'm afraid. We're pack animals. Hunting by yourself is really difficult, and by yourself, you'll hardly have enough knowledge for gathering, creating clothing from plant fibre, or other essential skills.

Me, I'd go to the very north of Poland with some people I know well. Find a forested area with running water, and build a settlement. See if we can find stragglers on the way there.
    The north of Poland is a tactical decision. Close to sea, forested areas and relatively warm summers with cold winters offer better chances of survival, and the north of Poland has all those.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    I would probably do something similiar like the OP. Depends though if any family members or friends are alive. If not I would most likely settle down alone or wander from town to town.
    What cool new name would you come up for yourself? I think I would take the name "Snake Plissken" lol!
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2012-12-28 at 01:58 AM.

Deleted
    Go to my family's summer cottage in the middle of the woods and live the rest of my life as a gun-wielding maniac. After a while I'd probably go all viking and start living off grass and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Chances of survival would be pretty poor for you, I'm afraid. We're pack animals. Hunting by yourself is really difficult, and by yourself, you'll hardly have enough knowledge for gathering, creating clothing from plant fibre, or other essential skills.

Me, I'd go to the very north of Poland with some people I know well. Find a forested area with running water, and build a settlement. See if we can find stragglers on the way there.
    The north of Poland is a tactical decision. Close to sea, forested areas and relatively warm summers with cold winters offer better chances of survival, and the north of Poland has all those.
    Yup those are all pretty viable points. But I am not looking at it from the logic of strictly survival. The world would most likely be a crap hole by now, and you might as we'll die or live as you always wanted to.