dude makes her pay rent.
    dude offers way to make it cheaper via sexual favors.
    offer is completely up to her to decide.
    she decides to whore herself out for cheaper rent.

i see no problem here... actually i do. she should have talked him up to free rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yeah having to sleep with your shithead land lord to keep a roof over your orphaned brother's head sure is easy street.
    She is not having to do anything though. This is all this adult females choice to do.

If this offer was never made, and she couldn't pay the rent, are you saying she should be able to stay there at a cheaper rate simply because she had some hardships?

Where ever she would go if that offer wasn't ever made, and the land lord still wanted the agreed upon rent, she can still go to. No one is stopping her. It is all her choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    So essentially forced prostitution.... that's a pretty disgusting act, if he forced it upon her with economic leeway as payment for it.
    I think people are forgetting no one is forcing her to do anything. No one is making her stay in that situation, regardless of anything. People need to stop digging themselves more into the "victim" hole. Its not like this guy's house is the last house in the world with a basement to rent.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Deleted
    Society looks down on coercing people into sex, implied or otherwise.
    She wasn't coerced,the landlord gave her the choice of refusing without consequences.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 03:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    The girl's brother is not a thing, it's a living human being with his own emotions and thoughts, but people here throw him around in arguments as if he was nothing but a burden on the sister. The boy has little choice in this matter thanks to his young age, why should he be set to suffer because one guy is a moronic asshole?
    What the fuck really?
    In what possible way is the landlord harming the younger brother?
    Last edited by mmocba4f7a59a4; 2012-12-28 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    The girl's brother is not a thing, it's a living human being with his own emotions and thoughts, but people here throw him around in arguments as if he was nothing but a burden on the sister. The boy has little choice in this matter thanks to his young age, why should he be set to suffer because one guy is a moronic asshole?
    The land lord is a living human being with his own emotions and thoughts, but people here throw him around in arguments as if he was nothing but a moronic asshole.

What your brother is doing is wrong on so many levels. If you're truly concerned for the girl, report him. If he's capable of doing this to her, he's capable of doing things to other women (and probably has).
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    She wasn't coerced,the landlord gave her the choice of refusing without consequences.
    Okay, you try offering a discount on rent to a tenant in exchange for sex and see how the courts view it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    I don't really need to restate my life, but I didn't go to College right after High School. I got a job, worked my way up, saved my money along the way, and then paid for my schooling.

I had to take out loans to pay for rent. 18% interest loans when money was tight. This notion of having my life on easy street is such bullshit.

This adult is taking the easy way out. She is prostituting for cheaper rent, instead of cutting back, or working more. I have no empathy for her.
    you dont seem to have any empathy at all thats the problem. Why do i say this well you analyse a 18 year old (just reached adulthood) whos trying to protect and take care of the only family she have left after losing her mother and father thats spending all her time working harder then yourself as a prostitute and seem to think a well graded man have the right to use her like that? makes me wonder what wrong with you and were did your life go to hell? Did you have a rough life and are so dead inside you just dont care anymore or are you just some spoiled person that think he owns the world and all nice things and think regular school and a jobb is working hard. Now if you were gonna take out those loans and the one that would allow it would be an elder fat women that says she do it only if you have sex with her every week what would you do in such a pressured moment.

I don't really need to restate my life, but I didn't go to College right after High School. I got a job, worked my way up, saved my money along the way, and then paid for my schooling.

I had to take out loans to pay for rent. 18% interest loans when money was tight. This notion of having my life on easy street is such bullshit.

This adult is taking the easy way out. She is prostituting for cheaper rent, instead of cutting back, or working more. I have no empathy for her.

Oh noez, you had to pay for your stuff? Even the rent? Wow, your life must have been really really harsh dude!

I´m sorry but if you have been through some "tough shit" and refuse to help people that are going to come in a similar situation i simply can not believe your words.

The land lord is a living human being with his own emotions and thoughts, but people here throw him around in arguments as if he was nothing but a moronic asshole.
    It's so unfair when people get judged by their actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    What the fuck really?
    In what possible way is the landlord harming the younger brother?
    In more ways than you can imagine I guess. The boy is 11 years old, he's old enough to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They use the same logic for the girl. But it's not anything of moral value to them, it's just business.
    Last edited by Whiskra; 2012-12-28 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    It's not about protecting anyone. If she has to pay higher rent, so be it. I'm not talking about her, I'm talking about that scum low life who stooped as low as he did. Yes, I get that she could have said no, but the fact that she was so hesitant and the fact that he suggest and kept pursuing it shows what kind of a person he is. Scum.
    So... wait. If another party is hesitant to enter into a deal you want, you should back out because of moral reasons? Or is this just different because it's sex?

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I don't see what's so difficult to understand about an unequal relationship with a power disparity. When someone who owns the roof over you and your child's head, a request for sex is inherently coercive.

Not directly linked to you but this lack of recognition for coercion keeps reminding me of a recent (and very much real) case of a Canadian girl who was raped by her mother's landlord. The judge let him walk, even though they agreed the victim said no, that the victim was scared, and that the rapist lied about the girl saying yes. Because apparently if a rapist refuse to take no for an answer and scared his victim into compliance, there's "reasonable chance that he truly believed she consented". Uh huh. So non-consensual sex isn't unlawful as long as you're sufficiently scary.

Turns out "No" doesn't mean "No" in Canada after all.
    With the 'facts" the OP gave, a reasonable person can NOT assume she was coerced. Would it be rape if the gender roles were changed? If I had been renting to a 35 year old 300 pound woman for 6 months at 1000$... when suddenly, she comes to me and says she will reduce the rent to 500$ if I have sex with her once a week, are you still for the "coercion" and "rape" garbage? Sorry. She was not coerced. You can not add in things the story to suit your own agenda. Thats garbage.

Even if this story is fake, when debating a situation, you can only go off the "facts" presented. Being reluctant =/= rape or coercion. Not in the slightest. We don't know if he said he would kick her out if she did not accept. We don't know that. If you want to apply cynicism to the fat man, add if to the woman as well. Theres some devils advocate. Maybe she thought she could buy more shoes and concert tickets with all the money she would save. Maybe she thought about buying steak and lobster instead of bread. It doesnt matter. According to the story, one adult gave another adult and option and the other adult accepted willingly. Sometimes I am reluctant to pay my phone bill because I might not be able to eat, are they raping me?

Seriously, think about this in a real court. Take out the gender of them both. Do you think, without a reasonable doubt, with ONLY THE STORY THE OP GAVE, that the landlord is coercing and raping the renter in this story? If the landlord were female, and the renter a male would if be the same story? No, I don't think it would. Please stop exaggerating the facts here, be they hypothetical.

Yeah having to sleep with your shithead land lord to keep a roof over your orphaned brother's head sure is easy street.
    Was there any indication he'd evict her (Which, he'd have a hell of a time with that one in court.) if she didn't sleep with him?

Okay, you try offering a discount on rent to a tenant in exchange for sex and see how the courts view it.
    Its actually legal in Canada which is where this scenario was based in

10+ Year Old Account
    he utterly disregards other peoples emotions ~ the guy deserves his balls to be chopped off, maybe allow him to jerk one in the jar if he EVER finds a woman to have kids with him, but a predator like that should not be left intact.

is he a sociopath? some form of autism? he may not have any feelings of his own.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

60 pages later, people are still blissfully unaware this guy is a troll...

Infracted: Please do not call other users trolls
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-12-28 at 03:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    he utterly disregards other peoples emotions ~ the guy deserves his balls to be chopped off, maybe allow him to jerk one in the jar if he EVER finds a woman to have kids with him, but a predator like that should not be left intact.

is he a sociopath? some form of autism? he may not have any feelings of his own.
    So every man who visits a prostitute is a sexual predator and rapist of vulnerable women?
    Or is she not a prostitute?Because she is,little brother or not,she's a prostitute.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    60 pages later, people are still blissfully unaware this guy is a troll...

Noone cares about that. Right now, the focus is Morals vs Business logic. But it seems to have been stuck that way for quite a while... I'm not sure why I jumped into this thread myself, I know I wouldn't have done it if I hadn't missed it had 57 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Melt View Post
    Oh noez, you had to pay for your stuff? Even the rent? Wow, your life must have been really really harsh dude!

I´m sorry but if you have been through some "tough shit" and refuse to help people that are going to come in a similar situation i simply can not believe your words.
    Sorry, I have no empathy for social leeches.

If you have a plan, responsible, hard-working, and motivated you can succeed. I know people who came from some really shitty places and have far surpassed anything I am doing with my life.

I actually have a legitimate question though.

In this scenario you have a land lord and also a "john". Reducing rent is just a quick money transaction. It could be rent is $1000 and he knocks 60% off of that, which would be $600. So he has sex with this adult female a few times a month in exchange for $600.

What if the situation were different, and that land lord was not having sex with her for reduced rent, but someone else was? What if she met some dude at a club, and he propositioned her there?

Would your feeling toward her be any different? Would you feel just as angry at this guy in the club?

Just not understanding the victim complex and the land lord taking advantage of her.