Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    dont get me wrong, I like MoP, but ffs, look at how many UNIQUE dungeons BC had.
    UNIQUE? Not that many actually.

1 Dungeon for hellfire, the other 2 used the same aesthetic. + Raid with same.
    1 Dungeon for Zangarmarsh, the other 2 used the same aesthetic. + Raid with same.
    1 Dungeon for Auchindoun, the other 3 used the same aesthetic.
    1 Dungeon for Tempest Keep, the other 2 used the same aesthetic. + Raid with same.

If you're looking for unique art, BC is not the dungeon xpac you should be looking at.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    heres the thing: we NEED the 5 mans to bridge the gap. especially for people who arent raiding normal/heroic.

the DS 5-mans gave firelands level gear. that got people ready for the new raid, and alts, fairly quickly.

LFR is *completely unreliable* as a gearing source. you might run LFR for 12 weeks and end up with no loot. with 5 mans, gearing between tiers was much faster.
    You said it yourself; new dungeons to bridge the gearing between tiers is too fast, too ideal of a solution. It's MoP; everything is supposed to take as long as possible because thats the solution Blizzard in their infinite wisdom have to Cataclysm's problem of people unsubbing once they had that tier's shinies. LFR IS the alternative to new dungeons, don't really know what scenarios have to do with it. Maybe by next tier Blizzard will realise that faster content, better managed would retain more subs than sucking all our time in any way possible. My guess is they will just tweak the drop rates in LFR first, before adding new dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabaken View Post
    So much ridicoulus whining.
    1. Dungoens doesnt always give the exact loot you want every time, why would you run them more than once if that was the case?
    2. 5.1 added one of the best storylines we've ever had in the game, they transformed almost an entire zone + scenarios. Yeah, hardly anything, right?
    3. Scenarios make for a better story than dungoens, and i'd love to see more.
    4. Talking down to someone with 3 k ach points and doesnt even show your own char? Mature.
    5. He's right, people like yourself will whine and cry whatever blizzard decides to do, if you dont like it, unsub. Crying on the forum wont help.
    If I answered how you'd deserve it I most likely get an permanent ban. Anyway since you stated your crappy opinion I've gonna have to answer anyway but unlike you I'm going to try to be at least somewhat constructive instead of an giant douche.

1. You can run them as often as you want till you get the desired loot. This isn't the case for LFR. Also since people go there for achievments and points you'll have far shorter queuees then the ones you can expect the old LFR to have once 5.2 hits.

2. 5.1 was decent, it is however nowhere near as much as you try to make it out to be. It altered parts of an existing zone and nowhere near the entire one. We could probably deduce how much of it but rather then the entire I'd say somewhere around 10-15% at best.

3. Scenarios most of the time don't tell a story at all. It's you and two others being thrown right into a story and then rushed through a series of mobs you're supposed to rofl stomp. Yes some do actually deliver a bit of story, most don't. And even in those where there is you'll hardly have time to even read the texts because someone is going to start it already and you have to rush to keep up with them.

4. Everyone with fewer achievment points then I is an scrub, everyone with more is an no lifer. Didn't you know that? Also I didn't say he had that much, just that looking at the Blizzard forums it's what I think where he's most likely at.

5. You guys aren't able to make precise distinctions, there isn't one group that is constantly whining but a great many groups with often conflicting interests. Changes some people like aren't going to sit well with others. Telling people to unsub because you like those changes while they don't is immature and arrogant at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

1 Dungeon for Zangarmarsh, the other 2 used the same aesthetic. + Raid with same.
    1 Dungeon for Tempest Keep, the other 2 used the same aesthetic. + Raid with same.

If you're looking for unique art, BC is not the dungeon xpac you should be looking at.
    Also 2 dungeons and 1 raid made with lazy copypaste like dragonsoul ones ;D (CoT based on maps already ingame since vanilla)

I really find it amazing how people can cry about every tiny little thing. They can't keep everyone happy with every single content patch, live with it. According to the OP cataclysm apparently was a blast with all the new dungeons, which is fine, but there also was a vast majority that really disliked the expansion with other reasons.

If you don't like it, or can't just enjoy the game without complaining about every little thing, i think this isn't the game for you to play. Also complain on official forums. Blizzard who let you down so much will read it and take it in consideration if enough people will back you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    They want to replace group content with dailies.

Dailies are the new end content, which is plain lame really.

Two content patches without a single dungeon, but filled with dailies...
    Scenarios are instanced content, if without a dungeon portal. Thereby they are instances.
    Daylies are a tool to unlock content (lore and new phased areas) and rewards (gear and vanity stuff), just because you dont get the lore and goods handed to you on a silver plate for spending 15min in a dungeon, doesn't make it less content.
    In fact it adds more, as you are less likely to not even notice it (boss death speaches in a 5man, you'd end up rushing to the next trashpack or boss in most cases), and you actually do something to see it. On top of that it is more logical that some1 you helped would tell you stuff, rather then a boss that is "dead" somehow finding time to tell you a story for 1-2min.

5.2 adds a raid (which again is an instance and a dungeon) which is what the main large scale pve focus is. In adition to that, you get daylies, worldbosses, pet battle bosses, and xmog gear using the old ZG/ZA models (ilvl 429 junk stats wise).

If you see 5mans as the ultimate content, I am sorry to inform you that this is a MMORPG= massive multiplayer online role playing game, 5ppl isn't massive, and 5man dungeons (normal and hc) are nothing but a tiny bit of lore strapped on a "prepare for endgame" gear source. The reason they provide VP is to get raiders interested in them= speed up the ques and reward them for helping those still in the gear preparation stage. Quite often there is a "dps" in those randoms that barely pulls 10k, because he/she is running around without gems/enchants/reforges/glyphs or outright horrid (perhaps freshly dinged) gear and (ab)using random items that happen to have a higher ilvl but are not for the chosen spec, to get into a 5man hc.

Deleted
    its fair to say they should introduce dungeons in every patch. The game is old and repetitive dailys arent the way to go. Scenarios sucks too.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    In fact this isn't bad at all... but there is one major concern in my mind at least:
    Seeing how long it takes to gear up through this tier.... I am just wondering if 5.2 hit and players are hitting 90 on an alt or even their mains, will they be able to do the new tier before the next one comes out?

Having a weekly lockout on raids, doesn't make them really great features to use for gearing for current content, in my opinion.
    People will be even more forced to do the dailies to get the valor gear double gated there, since the new dailies will give gear better than MSV and HOF one, so they will need that gear to be able to even get in the new LFR, which will also launch delayed.

This is seriously one of the worst design they could come up with.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sebun View Post
    TBC: 3 level 70 dungeons
    MoP: 0 level 70 dungeons

I think this man is onto something :O
    3?

Do you even know how many heroics TBC had?

Deleted

Fuck off already. Those were unique and well made.

Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-12-27 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    3?

Do you even know how many heroics TBC had?
    Yes, but how do they have anything to do with level 70 normals the guy asked to list?

Dungeons are boring after the initial gearing up phase at the beginning of an expansion, especially when the new dungeons provide better rewards than the old ones. Unless they add them as challenge modes, I'd rather that they focus on making the new raid and then do some other non-instanced content (or quick things like scenarios to run for VP/story).

10+ Year Old Account
    Also 2 dungeons and 1 raid made with lazy copypaste like dragonsoul ones ;D (CoT based on maps already ingame since vanilla)
    Agreed.

Fuck off already. Those were unique and well made.
    Ah so when your arguments fail, you resort to insults?
    Using these "thematic hubs" is the only reason why Blizzard managed to create so many instances in the first place. Many people back in the day didn't like it.
    But people always bitch.
    It's funny that the "worst addition to WoW evar" (back in the day) is now "the apex of WoW".

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah agree with you,its shit they just add senarios to make it easy for them self,i wish blizzard would drop stupid stuff like Pet battles in favor of doing more work on the rest of the game,like adding more dungons in small patches. I also have an idea that senarios is just their lazy way of not having to make more dungons for us and also not having to make real world changest but only instanced ones.

i like how people bring up bc yet refuse to acknowledge that when bc launched the only content outside of the original questing WAS ONLY dungeons and raids im sure its alot easier to pump out more dungeons when its all you have to make O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i like how people bring up bc yet refuse to acknowledge that when bc launched the only content outside of the original questing WAS ONLY dungeons and raids im sure its alot easier to pump out more dungeons when its all you have to make O-O
    Rather having more dungeons compared to boring dailys.

Quote Originally Posted by quintpp View Post
    Yeah agree with you,its shit they just add senarios to make it easy for them self,i wish blizzard would drop stupid stuff like Pet battles in favor of doing more work on the rest of the game,like adding more dungons in small patches. I also have an idea that senarios is just their lazy way of not having to make more dungons for us and also not having to make real world changest but only instanced ones.
    herp derp blizzard should put the team that has no experience in making dungeons on a job to make more dungeons herp derp thats what you just said. the teams that do pet battles and scenarios arent the same team that does dungeons and raids
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    I love it. I want everyone to run through every single raid before getting close to kill the expansion's final boss (including my alts ofc)

Quote Originally Posted by Pandareeni View Post
    Rather having more dungeons compared to boring dailys.
    see now youve come out as selfish you only want blizzard to make content FOR YOU well guess what i dont care what you want i play for the lore lets have blizzard listen to me and not give any new dungeons or raids and only give out daily hubs to progress the story and lets see how much you warm up to that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    Scenarios are instanced content, if without a dungeon portal. Thereby they are instances.
    Daylies are a tool to unlock content (lore and new phased areas) and rewards (gear and vanity stuff), just because you dont get the lore and goods handed to you on a silver plate for spending 15min in a dungeon, doesn't make it less content.
    In fact it adds more, as you are less likely to not even notice it (boss death speaches in a 5man, you'd end up rushing to the next trashpack or boss in most cases), and you actually do something to see it. On top of that it is more logical that some1 you helped would tell you stuff, rather then a boss that is "dead" somehow finding time to tell you a story for 1-2min.

5.2 adds a raid (which again is an instance and a dungeon) which is what the main large scale pve focus is. In adition to that, you get daylies, worldbosses, pet battle bosses, and xmog gear using the old ZG/ZA models (ilvl 429 junk stats wise).

If you see 5mans as the ultimate content, I am sorry to inform you that this is a MMORPG= massive multiplayer online role playing game, 5ppl isn't massive, and 5man dungeons (normal and hc) are nothing but a tiny bit of lore strapped on a "prepare for endgame" gear source. The reason they provide VP is to get raiders interested in them= speed up the ques and reward them for helping those still in the gear preparation stage. Quite often there is a "dps" in those randoms that barely pulls 10k, because he/she is running around without gems/enchants/reforges/glyphs or outright horrid (perhaps freshly dinged) gear and (ab)using random items that happen to have a higher ilvl but are not for the chosen spec, to get into a 5man hc.
    Lol at saying 5 ppl is not massive but saying the soloing dailies are MMORPG content....

I dont see 5 mans as ultimate content, i see 5 mans as part of the progression content, but since progression moves on, so should 5 mans.

Dailies are cheap content made to make people happy with less. Ultra gated content, that can be made solo, heavily rewarded to make sure everyone does them, and people just accepts that Blizzard give less things to them...

Scenarios are not made for healers, nor are dailies, nor is Brawlers guild. They are instances, yes, but cheap ones.

Dailies are NOT more content than dungeons, they are less, thats why expansions launches with hundreds of new quests and like 5 more dungeons.

Quests are easy to develop content, cheap, stale and fast burn ones. Excess of repeatable quests is a bad thing.

Deleted
    Ah so when your arguments fail, you resort to insults?
    Just because I dont respond like a teacher, doesnt mean my points are less valuable.