Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    im sure its alot easier to pump out more dungeons when its all you have to make O-O
    Look at the artwork. Look at the detail. You can't even compare the BC-Dungeons with mop ones. Don't get me wrong, I still love outland and it's dungeons, but graphically they aren't even in the same league anymore. Back then they slapped a few rooms together, placed a few doodads here and there and were done with it.

And who you are, a literature teacher?
    Engineer. Don't really care about classic literature.

Quote Originally Posted by sebun View Post
    Yes, but how do they have anything to do with level 70 normals the guy asked to list?
    I was "the guy" and i never said normal. I said lvl 70 ones. Heroic were lvl 70 dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    Dungeons are boring after the initial gearing up phase at the beginning of an expansion, especially when the new dungeons provide better rewards than the old ones. Unless they add them as challenge modes, I'd rather that they focus on making the new raid and then do some other non-instanced content (or quick things like scenarios to run for VP/story).
    Absolutely agree with this. Piss easy heroics make my eyes bleed from boredom, really. Scenarios can actually provide some story, like dailies.

New dungeons don't need to give better gear. We just desperately need more variety.

It wouldn't even be so bad if there were scenerios we could do while leveling up. But for some weird reason they thought that instances that rarely gave loot and no reputation or any reward at all bar an achievement and a tiny bit of gold was a good idea to be put at max level.

Scenerios as a replacement for low level dungeons would be fine. Personally I'd even retune them for 5 people, and have the system programmed to always choose 3 dps and then randomly pick tank, healer or dps for the last two slots. Low level dungeons very rarely need a tank or healer as it is, and the queue times are horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandareeni View Post
    Rather having more dungeons compared to boring dailys.
    I'd rather do something out in the world where I see other people and beat up Alliance instead of running through another AoE fest in a dungeon just because it drops good rewards.

5.1 launch on my server was crazy with how they set up the dailies (especially the Ruins dailies) and hero mobs. With the right planning, dailies can be a good way to make things interesting in the actual world itself, instead of going to a Cata model of non-stop instances (4.1 was horrible when it came to that). BC's dungeons weren't even that great either, because people only ever ran the same 3 over and over despite having so many. It would be a huge waste of resources to make that many dungeons now.

10+ Year Old Account
    New dungeons don't need to give better gear. We just desperately need more variety.

It wouldn't even be so bad if there were scenerios we could do while leveling up.
    Giving us only 4 leveling dungeons looks like an attempt to coerce us to quest more, instead of chainrunning them, so there are more people out in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post

It wouldn't even be so bad if there were scenerios we could do while leveling up. But for some weird reason they thought that instances that rarely gave loot and no reputation or any reward at all bar an achievement and a tiny bit of gold was a good idea to be put at max level.

Scenerios as a replacement for low level dungeons would be fine. Personally I'd even retune them for 5 people, and have the system programmed to always choose 3 dps and then randomly pick tank, healer or dps for the last two slots. Low level dungeons very rarely need a tank or healer as it is, and the queue times are horrendous.
    blizzard already said they messed up with the launch scenarios. im pretty sure all scenarios from now on will be like the 5.1 scenarios
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    New Dungeons are one of the few PvE aspects I've always been looking forward to. Yes it's mostly 1-2 per patch but running them and getting the achievments was usually something I enjoyed. Now they don't even bother to do that anymore, they're getting neglected in favour of their crappy scenarios whom I in all honesty despise since I have to dps instead of heal.
    not healing in scenarios is the tradeoff you get for not having to wait on 4 hour dps LFR queues.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    I was "the guy" and i never said normal. I said lvl 70 ones. Heroic were lvl 70 dungeons.
    OKay, well let me flip that original question for you then. Count how many level 90 heroic dungeons did MoP add and how many were included in TBC?

MoP: 9 level 90 heroic dungeons
    TBC: 0 level 90 heroic dungeons

Deleted
    Not a fan of the way 5-man dungeons have developed really. Zul'Gurub and Aman are examples of dungeons that should be prized for being a challenge, but felt more like a tedious roadblock and uncalled for renovation. Most of Cata's 5 mans were challenging inasmuch as they had one mechanic per situation you had to be sure to remember, and bloated HP pools to artifically extend the battles until you reached the point where eventually outgeared them - and then it became more like Wrath 5 mans post Naxx.

It's a shame, as I usually like the structure, ideas and design of the dungeons they just lose novelty once you do them daily. Best dungeons I can recall is Pit of Saron and Halls of Reflection, these had fights and tactics you could adapt to depending on group members and weren't overly long in the bag either.
    Last edited by mmoc2f7dfebfb1; 2012-12-27 at 12:51 PM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What?? Like.. for real?

wow... they are kicking out new dungeons every freaking month, I don't remember such release speed from blizzard....

Can't you just never be happy? It's not like you'll find anything better AT ALL in MMO matters RIGHT now...

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    not healing in scenarios is the tradeoff you get for not having to wait on 4 hour dps LFR queues.
    I guess i'm more lucky on my server. The lfr/lfd-queue is pretty short.
    Mostly been a tank, so i thought i got so much faster in, but people in reality the lfd is 10 minutes for dps, and lfr is 20 minutes or so, and you can queue for other things at the same time, so i don't even notice it.

I hoped for new dungeons, but didn't expect it. I didn't even want it for the gear. Just to have something that was new again. I'm like several others here, that find scenarios boring. More boring than dungeons, where i can at least kill everybody by pulling from boss to boss.
    I'll live, but i do hope they make some new ones at some point.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    Best dungeons I can recall is Pit of Saron and Halls of Reflection, these had fights and tactics you could adapt to depending on group members and weren't overly long in the bag either.
    Those were really good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Which patch added any new dungeons in TBC? Heres a hint: 2.4, last patch adding 1 dungeons. How about 3.1? Added no new dungeons. 4.2 added no new dungeons.
    This is the first thing that came to my mind. New 5man dungeons have never really been a mandatory for a new patch. Not only that, but LFR has more or less replaced the need for new 5man content awarding new equipment equal to the raid gear from the previous content.

I enjoy new 5 mans only because it adds flavor to an expansion although they rarely have much for me as in loot or lasting content. Just nice that when I run those 2-3 randoms a week I run with peoples alts or friends that I get something new on occasion and not just.. oh look.. shadow pan monastery.. again.

I'm ok with it, LFR has kind of taken their place. However, I would of liked to have seen more Heroics from the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    BC's dungeons were terrible. If you wanna give an example then atleast give a good one like Vanilla's dungeons.
    BC dungeons werent terrible!!

just think of shadow labs... oh wait
    what about arcatraz.. hmm nvm..
    shattered halls was alright.. i guess
    steamvaults is pretty good.. kinda

wow, you're actually right, i cant think of a single BC heroic that i actually enjoyed o_o'

on topic however, ive never been particularly excited when blizz releases new dungeons (and now scenarios), and im not exceptionally disappointed to find there arent new ones.. i guess since dungeon finder (specifically dungeon finder, i sorta liked the old lfg system) has made queueing with people on your realm obselete, with the exception of getting guild exp/guild moneys, i feel kind of detatched from dungeons and view them as a 'mini-grind' thats only a bit better than dailies =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    5.2 is coming in about May, based on what Ghostcrawler said.

May is about 7 months after Mists came out, with no new content for the non raiders or PvPers to get gear from.

The way they phrased WHY there's no new dungeons insinuates there will be NO NEW DUNGEONS FOR THE ENTIRE EXPANSION. They seem to think LFR has replaced dungeons in progression, period. Which is not right, in any way.
    If this was, or is the case I'd probable just quit now. Storyline is ok, but "nothing" new besides some quest hubs makes me question how much time they spend/wasted on daily quests.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    If I answered how you'd deserve it I most likely get an permanent ban. Anyway since you stated your crappy opinion I've gonna have to answer anyway but unlike you I'm going to try to be at least somewhat constructive instead of an giant douche.

1. You can run them as often as you want till you get the desired loot. This isn't the case for LFR. Also since people go there for achievments and points you'll have far shorter queuees then the ones you can expect the old LFR to have once 5.2 hits.

2. 5.1 was decent, it is however nowhere near as much as you try to make it out to be. It altered parts of an existing zone and nowhere near the entire one. We could probably deduce how much of it but rather then the entire I'd say somewhere around 10-15% at best.

3. Scenarios most of the time don't tell a story at all. It's you and two others being thrown right into a story and then rushed through a series of mobs you're supposed to rofl stomp. Yes some do actually deliver a bit of story, most don't. And even in those where there is you'll hardly have time to even read the texts because someone is going to start it already and you have to rush to keep up with them.

4. Everyone with fewer achievment points then I is an scrub, everyone with more is an no lifer. Didn't you know that? Also I didn't say he had that much, just that looking at the Blizzard forums it's what I think where he's most likely at.

5. You guys aren't able to make precise distinctions, there isn't one group that is constantly whining but a great many groups with often conflicting interests. Changes some people like aren't going to sit well with others. Telling people to unsub because you like those changes while they don't is immature and arrogant at best.
    Did I step on your toes when giving my opinion? I dont see any constructive critiscm in your first post, but I guess your opinion is construtive according to you.

1. Do you really want to run LFR over and over once a day, or if they ever put in a "random LFR queue thing" like the heroic queueing we have now, run it multiple times a day. I would get burned out so fast of that raid, and never ever have any motivation to run it on normal or heroic.

2. Ofc, not everyone has the same opinion as me, I loved the crap out of that questline, some dont, fine with me. But saying that 5.1 were a small path with hardly anything in it is just wrong.

3. I havent done them all yet, but when I am, i'm doing them with people I know, so we can experience the story rather than roflstomping our way through, like with the current dungoens.

4. Talk about judging a book by its cover. I'll give it a try, you are probably alone and frustrated for being alone, you are unhappy with your current situation in life and taking it out on everyone who comes in your way, but hey, that's just looking at the posts you've done.

5. If you dont like the game, you should unsub and tell blizzard why you are unsubing. If the next patch is more to your likeing, you should start paying again, showing blizzard the way that the game is progressive is a good thing. I dont think crying out on mmo-champ is going to help, at all.

You know one patch that didn't bring any new dungeons?

3.1....yeah,that really sucked huh?