Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    History is a perfect example: Nazi Germany. They had numerous social programs including gun control. You're telling me that wasn't a power grab?
    Godwin's law!

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You've made some vague and ill-formed claims about gun control in other countries and their crime rate as well as internal rates in the US. You have yet to back up those claims with data.
    Well,s he abviously just shattered your point by pointing out the vast liberal media conspiracy to keep the truth hidden.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 02:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zalmatra View Post
    I am proficent with multiple gun types as well as knife usage.

manslaughter is preferable to a lengthy disability legal battle.
    i have been attacked before and defended myself. i will always defend myself. if you dont want to defend yourself or your loved ones thats on you.
    I have no formal firearm training and can use a knife in the kitchen pretty well. I have NEVER been attacked or in need of a weapon to defend myself.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    No they would probably be raped and killed since every immigrant would have a gun too. Try to understand that this is 2012 not som fucking western movie with Clint Eastwood. Americas gunlaws are as ancient as african technology.
    Oh completely. Because you said so. No need to prove it. You've said it so they are. Now we must figure out a way of fixing that.

By the way, nice... what would that be.... racism? No not really.... uh... what's the one for being an ignorant ass to a whole country... oh yeah... Nice American of you.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Well,s he abviously just shattered your point by pointing out the vast liberal media conspiracy to keep the truth hidden.
    The funny thing is rhetorically the the media has gotten really friendly to the anti gun control crowd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Well what about Sandy Hook? If any of the adults there had been armed, do you think as many children would have been killed?
    If everyone received 1000$/month from the government,do you think there would still be poverty?
    It's useless to make a point where you only look at one side of the proposed change.How many extra casualties would there be IF teachers were armed?Also how much money would be used for teachers to receive gun training?
    How much people would be scared to become teachers when they see how the job changes?

Jesus fucking christ no one is talking about taking away your right to defend yourself.
    You are taking away my right to defend myself in the way I deem fit to defend myself.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    [/COLOR]I have no formal firearm training and can use a knife in the kitchen pretty well. I have NEVER been attacked or in need of a weapon to defend myself.
    And thanks to your magical bubble, you never will!

I've never been in a Car accident. Thank goodness I never will too.

Quote Originally Posted by blib View Post
    BUT THAT IS THE POINT! IF GUNS ARE ILLEGAL AND SOMEONE GETS CAUGHT WITH IT THE CRIME THEY WERE GOING TO COMMIT WITH IT WONT HAPPEN!!
    But you'd have to get caught. If you're going to commit a gun crime and you're not allowed to possess a gun at all, you're going to make every effort to make sure you're not caught with the gun. How much of everyone's privacy has to be violated to catch these people with guns before they use them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

the problem with america is that its not a single cultural or economic unit.

los angelas as a city is a completly diffrent ecosystem then the rest of the united states.

the problem is making blanket statements or laws that would cover the entire united states.
    there is no gun law problem in the united states. or guns are out of control

its people crazy people powerful people and sociopathic people.

its gangs its the drug war its a very very long list of things.

what law is going to stop a sociopathic individual who appears stable from commiting atrocities?
    Professor Membrane: anyone that would build a space/time object replacement device is a complete MORON "echo" Moron" "fadeing more" moron
    Invader Zim: GIR the space/time object replacement device is ready

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    You are taking away my right to defend myself in the way I deem fit to defend myself.
    You have a right to defend yourself in a reasonable capacity. An AR-15 is not required to do so and you know it. Feinstein's bill leaves you with your choice of hundreds of perfectly effective firearms for your personal defense and sport use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    If everyone received 1000$/month from the government,do you think there would still be poverty?
    Of course there would still be poverty. Some people would save their $1'000 carefully to plan ahead or invest it and grow it into $2'000, meanwhile others would blow it all in the first five days and be broke for the next 3 weeks.

In other news, the price of a loaf of bread just went up to $50...

You have a right to defend yourself in a reasonable capacity. An AR-15 is not required to do so and you know it. Feinstein's bill leaves you with your choice of hundreds of perfectly effective firearms for your personal defense and sport use.
    YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT AND IT ISN'T VALID BECAUSE YOU THINK SO!

This is where the argument STARTS and ENDS. It is in YOUR opinion. It is THEIR opinion. Then there is OUR opinion. Then there is factual events where they HAVE constantly been used for sporting means. Then there is factual events where they were used in self defense. HOLY SHIT. You got anything beyond "Your feelings"?

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Did someone actually do that in seriousness? I know the OP was making an illustration and analogy but I didn't think he was calling for the death of anyone.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 08:46 PM ----------

That's a pretty tough thing to prove. Would you like to try at all or just make the statement and feel smug?
    No one has said they want the President dead, however this is a President that has been on record as one of the most threatened Presidents in history. We have 24/7 news agencies and pundits trying to spin this man as the new Hitler, coming for everything America collectively cares about. The implication of removing the armaments from the President's security detail is a drop in security to a force that is already strained thin to protect the man. The obvious conclusion would be his assassination.

I'm of the mind that Luftmangle won't be happy until he has access to high powered weaponry, much like our military and LEO's have access to. A simple pistol for self defense or a rifle or shotgun for hunting is too weak for him, based on his comments.

what law is going to stop a sociopathic individual who appears stable from commiting atrocities?
    Professor Membrane: anyone that would build a space/time object replacement device is a complete MORON "echo" Moron" "fadeing more" moron
    Invader Zim: GIR the space/time object replacement device is ready

Probably due to people being made aware of the fact that the supposed "military style" weapon, the AR-15 was only used to kill the Mom, while hand guns were used to kill the people at the school.

Secondly, any proposed gun legislation wouldn't have prevented Sandy Hook, as the Mom legally obtained these guns, and the son "stole" these weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT AND IT ISN'T VALID BECAUSE YOU THINK SO!

This is where the argument STARTS and ENDS. It is in YOUR opinion. It is THEIR opinion. Then there is OUR opinion. Then there is factual events where they HAVE constantly been used for sporting means. Then there is factual events where they were used in self defense. HOLY SHIT. You got anything beyond "Your feelings"?
    I'm really not sure what this is supposed to be.

What are you defending yourself from that requires an AR-15?

Jesus fucking christ no one is talking about taking away your right to defend yourself.
    Don't know what thread you're reading. A lot of people are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    No one has said they want the President dead, however this is a President that has been on record as one of the most threatened Presidents in history. We have 24/7 news agencies and pundits trying to spin this man as the new Hitler, coming for everything America collectively cares about. The implication of removing the armaments from the President's security detail is a drop in security to a force that is already strained thin to protect the man. The obvious conclusion would be his assassination.
    I guess? If that's what you want to take the point to but that's a stretch in my mind.