Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    The game was better when there wasn't so many tedious tasks in it. Honestly, who finds that fun? Hey guys let's complete 1 billion quests that are exactly identical with different wording. Sounds legit. They need new quest and world designers. Just awful.
    Now you are just being dumb. Blizz realized that it was a fault and have been changing it since. Did you look at what you can get from the new faction? Nothing which is needed for raiding in any way. Nobody needs to get rep with the previous factions in order to buy their valor gear anymore because using your valor for upgrading gear is a much bigger deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    you are right on the money. It's a perfect metaphor
    I know right, its like people are trying to find any sort of light. To complain about on the forums.

What Blizzard needs to do is remove the whinners from the game & it will get better trust me.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

15+ Year Old Account
    The game had its fair share of flaws during the start - insane stat distribution for one thing. But alot of the things they have removed are just stupid, and keeping to "max level over all" where they don´t take old areas into consideration isn´t a good thing. I like the way you have to move back to old areas for different quests, or generally have to spend some time moving about - sure it shouldn´t be all the time, but currently you can clear one area then move to the next without it really having any relation to each other. Might as well be seperate islands, and yes I know its been like this since tbc and didn´t like it then either.

The "issue" as I see it they made with cata was lfr - less need for a guild, and while it may also be due to server balance I don´t see any pugs for raids anymore in chat on my server. Better with different difficulty raids than the same raids 3 times. While it would take longer to make those raids people would have more to do, and would give some motivation to improve. Same way that you had different things that people could do for the aq gate event.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wollveren View Post
    I live there because that is where I study. I am a Canadian citizen so don't blow your quick to judge "facts" on me.
    That's even better because social involvement in Canada is strong as well.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    BECAUSE wow STARTED AND STAYED FOR 2 FULL GAMES as a time consuming but rewarding to that sort of game.
    Was a key reason why I stuck around actually.. I've learned to like WoW as a game that was extremely demanding in regards of time investment to work on things, which ultimately led to a rewarding personal achievement (before the achievement system was put into the game). My main is an enchanter and LW... I've busted my ass to get all the reputation gated recipes. And I had FUN with it.
    I didn't raid too much. 2 times a week, often only once. I had the time to get all the juicy recipes, and my reward was not only the recipes but also the customer base I developed as one of the highest demanded enchanters or leatherworkers on the realm.
    Many crafters have this or that. Very few have it all.
    If I had to decide. I would put a good part of gear behind content, that is tackled by crafters only to obtain recipes to make items that are current for everyone.
    Raids alone wouldn't be my choice. Every profession should have such content ability, so there wouldn't really be an imbalance on wealth amongst the players, unless someone's completely lazy, then they deserve to be poor in the game.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2012-12-29 at 06:14 PM.

The game is better now, but it has lost a lot of its soul. There is no sense of community now, the world doesn't really feel like a "world" anymore and there is no way to distinguish awesome players from okay players. You don't have to work for anything now, it's just given to you. It was probably inevitable however, since gaming always evolves, but it's hard not to miss it. I love MoP however.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    I also think attunements should come back. Some people think they are horrible and just prevents you from easily swapping to an alt, but really, the same thing is true with the current model. Now the "attunement" is to get enough gear to queue up for dungeons, then heroics and then LFR. Before, attunements were actual content with a storyline, and I think that made a lot more sense, and made the raids more interesting from a story perspective.
    But that's the thing, you don't need an attunement, aka gating the content, to tell the story. You can get the exact same story without the attunement, which makes the attunement as mechanic pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Now you are just being dumb. Blizz realized that it was a fault and have been changing it since. Did you look at what you can get from the new faction? Nothing which is needed for raiding in any way. Nobody needs to get rep with the previous factions in order to buy their valor gear anymore because using your valor for upgrading gear is a much bigger deal.
    Have you leveled a new character in MoP? Yeah, it's still a problem. Plus, factions are a part of the game. Saying you don't need them doesn't fix anything. In fact, it creates a large hole in the game because they are trying to mask the mistake instead of fixing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    If I had to decide. I would put a good part of gear behind content, that is tackled by crafters only to obtain recipes to make items that are current for everyone.
    Raids alone wouldn't be my choice. Every profession should have such content ability, so there wouldn't really be an imbalance on wealth amongst the players, unless someone's completely lazy, then they deserve to be poor in the game.
    While such a model is indeed quite attractive on the surface, it basically boils down to "get gold and buy items" philosophy for the non-crafters. This would lead to a significant increase in botting and gold buying, something we could frankly do without
    MMO player

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    That's even better because social involvement in Canada is strong as well.
    I don't even... why are you try to steer away from the subject. I said read it and tell me I am not wrong. Please don't try and change the subject with where I am from and who I am even though you know shit-all about me. You know you are wrong but you are having fun, because you know what you are getting EPIX for 10 mins of easy dungeons.
    \

Deleted
    I think a lot of you are missing the actual reasons that anything in this game happens. Its money simple as that. Blizz we try to give as many people as they can what they want to keep them paying. LFR is part of this, personally I might miss aspects of the old game but I don't miss the old LFG system whereby queueing as the 'wrong' class could mean an 8 day wait to do a daily dungeon if you were stubborn and refused to go with guild or friends just to see how long it could take like I did

Vanilla was great at the time. Wouldn't be now.

That out of the way, I'd like to remind the OP that the biggest sub losses were during Cataclysm which among other things made the game more difficult (Untill DS). The fact is that the overwhelming majority doesn't want a harder game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    Because I am not feed the troll ass that you are? You come into every thread looking to bash people is your life so sad you have nothing to do with your 19k post count?

Back on topic everyone thinks we can't do that because the casuals will threaten to leave! Honestly getting more hardcore guilds on twitch streaming and getting the game out there will bring the subs up. People not becoming bored and always on improving their character will improve subs. I hate this counter argument " Casuals will leave QQ "
    Yes and ofc not beeing able to enjoy more then 1 character is good ? Or having to logg on every day to be on par with your guild is fun ? HAVING to do something is not fun..

10+ Year Old Account
    It kind of does. I never see casuals running streams on twitch or talking with the community. Don't come in a thread and bash people like you are 12 years old. Making this game difficult will make people flock back to it.
    Cataclysm tried making the game harder. It lost over 1.5 million players in its lifetime.

MoP made the game easier again. The player base went back from 9 to 10 million in the first quarter.

Basic math says your position is faulty.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Cataclysm tried making the game harder. It lost over 1.5 million players in its lifetime.

MoP made the game easier again. The player base went back from 9 to 10 million in the first quarter.

it doesn't matter. if there was 5 million plaers left, but they would all really like the game, it would be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    it doesn't matter. if there was 5 million plaers left, but they would all really like the game, it would be better.
    As opposed to the ten million playing who, if they disliked the game, wouldn't be paying to play?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post

I say basic English says your statement is faulty. Notice how you used "tried". Because yes, they did "try" to make it harder, too bad their execution was bad.
    \

Deleted
    Game was better when we still had classic, well-developed Warcraft villains left to fight. After the Lich King... nothing worthwhile left. Deathwing was pointless, and pandas, mogu and the mantid even more so. All we have left is the Alliance vs. filthy Horde setup, which at least is getting some attention.

Totally agree brother. They need to stop handing out epics that took you 5 mins of AFKing in LFR to get. I want:

LFR removed.

LFG removed.

Dungeon/raid attunments back.

Crafting gear from raids costing more and increasing their usefulness.

No more heroic modes! Every boss is hard as it is presented with.

More single boss raids.

Taking away LFR and LFG will really bring the community back I think. Shit I know it will when things become hard again they become cool again. It took you 2 weeks to get that epic? Nice! it now means something.
    Hell doing any of this will KILL the game...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even... why are you try to steer away from the subject. I said read it and tell me I am not wrong. Please don't try and change the subject with where I am from and who I am even though you know shit-all about me. You know you are wrong but you are having fun, because you know what you are getting EPIX for 10 mins of easy dungeons.
    Your analogy is moot from the starting point. You can't compare a country and a gaming company. They're not managed by the same rules (you can unsubscribe from an MMO but it's slightly harder to do for a country), and they do not pursue the same objectives.

For a gaming company, it is fundamental to follow the social evolution of both the potential and actual playerbases, because otherwise, the playerbase turns to competition (something which is easier to do than change countries). At the same time, you have to make sure that your choices are economically defensible (i.e. you won't develop content for a tiny minority of players within the game).

Consequently, starting from LK, Blizzard had to steer away from the BC and LK model because a) they realized it was no longer defensible, b) that the playerbase was changing and c) the whole MMO market was about to stagnate, making gaining new customers more difficult and churn high more likely. Based on those economical and social considerations, they made the decision of a) making end-game content less restrictive than it previously was, b) allowing easier catch-up for people who started mid-expansion and c) remove some of the infamous mechanics which led to player poaching and thus an unhealthy social climate withing the game (I'm referring to attunements obviously). Thus, we had LK. The LK model was not perfect (it lacked hard modes in its first tier - except Sartha) but at the end, we got a model which was holding up. Cata, unfortunately, messed up quite a lot of things, but MOP is coming along nicely to correct the above.

Btw, Mr. Canadian, where are the epixx I can get in dungeons in MOP, cause I only seem to get blues...
    MMO player