Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Would hacker be an example of a rogue that isn't physical then?
    So there's no real fundamental similarity between rogues warriors rangers? But physical would come the closest right? Or non-magic? If we assume that there can be other things besides physical and magic like utility skills which really don't require either physical adeptness or magic right?

What do you think about the other questions?

2) By biomechanics, I meant to suggest that as one of the similarities among rangers rogues warriors, but it wouldn't work if we expand it to other genres and include machines and such.

3) Is there a way to distinguish rangers/rogues/warriors from mages in other genres that do not necessarily have magic? Like the scifi genre? Or mass effect 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    Huh.
    I will never understand why people put so much effort into nonsense like this.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I will never understand why people put so much effort into nonsense like this.
    I think he genuinely has issues. He's been posting the above and similar for at least 3 years straight that I'm aware of, potentially longer, though I don't know if older threads I remember from other gaming forums are related to him or not. This is about the 15th or so time I've seen a thread of his on MMO-Champ in a similarly stated form or variant.

Would hacker be an example of a rogue that isn't physical then?
    So there's no real fundamental similarity between rogues warriors rangers? But physical would come the closest right? Or non-magic? If we assume that there can be other things besides physical and magic like utility skills which really don't require either physical adeptness or magic right?

What do you think about the other questions?

2) By biomechanics, I meant to suggest that as one of the similarities among rangers rogues warriors, but it wouldn't work if we expand it to other genres and include machines and such.

3) Is there a way to distinguish rangers/rogues/warriors from mages in other genres that do not necessarily have magic? Like the scifi genre? Or mass effect 3.

Just to clarify, so the closest thing to a fundamental similarity among all warriors/rogues/rangers (not just a specific type like dexterity-oriented warrior) is physical training/adeptness? Even a pure utility thief that doesn't fight would need physical training right?

Are there any examples of pure rogue subclasses that don't need any physical training at all? All warrior subclasses probably need it as well as rangers.

Lol, thinking about it, it is kinda hard to compare between different genres. I mean, I usually think of the rogue/hunter class as the sniper. There are a lot of things to compare that one class from another genre can be similar to two different classes based on roles, combat style, utility skills, etc.