Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Champxoxo View Post
    TBC>WoTLK>MoP>Cata

In terms of the most fun I had. The games just gotten less and less impressive the older I've gotten, which I suppose was inevitable. The only exception to the chain of events being Cata, because it was the worst thing to ever happen to the game.

Not everyone was a raid leader, I think quite a lot of people ( a few million ) actually played TBC, so idk what bandwagon you're talking about.

I'm not really sure what they are talking about either. I was never in the top raiding guilds during TBC but I still had more fun in that expac than I have since.

MoP
    Cata
    WotLK
    TBC
    Vanilla

In that order in terms of overall fun I have had as a raider. The raiding content just keeps getting better IMO.

In terms of theme and over all taste of the expansions it goes,
    MoP
    WotLK
    TBC
    Vanilla
    Cata

10+ Year Old Account
    BC>WOTLK>Vanilla>Cata

The reason why I didn't put Vanilla first is because BC and WOTLK made it so that virtually every spec was viable (for raiding at least) And also because when BC came out I re-rolled from resto shaman to a mage and began to slowly prove to people that I was a force to be reckoned with when It came to DPS and kicked the shit out of a lot of players that had much better gear than me. (Not trying to gloat, it's just true) Because of this I was finally able to see end game content with some very decent guilds and later on proved to people that I was able to be a fair and understanding officer that people actually liked. Also, IIRC, BC gave us a lot of new things as opposed to all of the other expansions such as heroics, dailies, flying mounts, arena, new revamped PvP system Jc/gems etc, etc so it felt as if there was ALWAYS something to do instead of logging on for raids and then having nothing to do afterwards.

Cata was just pure shit. I can't really say anything about MoP but I know people that quit in cata and came back to MoP.... Only to quit a few weeks later
    Last edited by Fitzgerald77; 2012-12-31 at 02:39 PM.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Best to worst.

WoTLK+MoP - Cata....

After 4-5 pages i will add the next because thats the place they deserve.

Reasons ?

WoTLK - Best lore, raids, good istances and great athmosphere.

MoP - Great in almost everything, tons of stuff to do.

Cata - Despite not great lore, i enjoyed the raids / istances and atmosphere.

The others were too bad to be worth an explanation of why.

Btw we dont need another thread of WoTLK is the best time ever ( even tho we all agree ).

and Tbc - Classic.

There i finished my list, took a bit to put these 2 ( even though classic is not an expansion ) in the worst place they deserve .

In this topic:

People who started playing the game at its inception reminisce about the past through rose-tinted nostalgia glasses and those who started playing later on recount their favorite experiences from WOTLK on and then become bamboozled when they don't "get enough respect," and that "they're people with opinions that matter too, dammit!"

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keksplace View Post
    I personally liked them in this order:
    TBC>WOTLK>CATA>MOP
    and the next expansion will take the last spot next time i assume, but u will still play it.

personally i stopped caring for the game itself during wotlk, i only played because i had friends to raid with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

10+ Year Old Account
    best to worst

wotlk
    tbc
    cata
    vanilla
    mop

Deleted
    TBC > MoP > Wrath > Vanilla > Cata.

Deleted
    Everyone's best to worst expansions list is based on the person's own experience during that time. I still wonder why such threads even exist.

And just so some of you know - Vanilla WoW is not an expansion......

Deleted
    TBC --> MOP --> Cata --> WotLK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    Everyone's best to worst expansions list is based on the person's own experience during that time. I still wonder why such threads even exist.
    yeah, what are people thinkin! posting threads on a forum! Blasphemy

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    And just so some of you know - Vanilla WoW is not an expansion......
    everyone know, nobody cares

Deleted
    judging MoP with the content it has so far it would be:

MoP>WotLK>TBC/Cata>Vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    yeah, what are people thinkin! posting threads on a forum! Blasphemy
    The typical answer when you don't have anything remotely smart to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    everyone know, nobody cares
    Sure, everyone knows, just look at the posts....

Have a nice evening and happy new 2013.

Deleted
    1. Wotlk, loved Prot warr PvP and the Raids (Ulduar is best raid so far in the game)
    2. MoP, altho im not playing that much anymore, the raids are fun. PvP has too much burst and CC, dont play that anymore
    3. TBC, heroics were fun as hell as they really were hard. Raids were too time consuming for me.
    4. Vanilla, mostly just leveled and did a few dungeons but was fun.
    5. Cata... The most utter shit i have ever encountered in this game. Took a break from WoW during it.

best to worst:

TBC - The best expansion hands down.
    WotLK - Decent with one of the best raids ever.
    Cataclysm - Barely worth the cash and a massive drop in quality and fun resulting in massive gamers leaving.
    MoP - Probably the worst thing to happen to Warcraft and the single largest reason to quit playing WOW.
    Last edited by quras; 2012-12-31 at 03:14 PM.

TBC because that was when I started. As a solo player I did no dungeons until lfd came in but do not think I missed anything I wanted from the game. I loved the hard work, the running, the cross-continent quests, the dailies at 70 and the joy of my fast mount and then, eventually, a flying one.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    TBC=WOTLK>Cata>MoP

I Hated outland...HAAAAAAAAAAAATED it with all my heart but the raids and attunements were AMZING...I Absolutely LOVED northrend...But the raids were wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too easy...so that's why I loved tbc and wotlk equally

Deleted
    TBC>Vanilla>WOTLK>MOP>CATA.

TBC: People knew eachother and the world pvp were fun and viable because of 3 sec mount up cast time. And there were farming spots for both pvers and pvpers and i loved fighting for my spots.

Vanilla: I hated this game and my friends gave me money to play it but i did enjoy world pvp a bit.

WOTLK: World pvp got * up, everyone went to the cities and started queueing after a time, most pvpers i knew quit, people started to get antisocial, pve players took over my pvp server.

MOP: Crap as CATA but better in that people are actually going out. Well the only positive thing is that i can duel outside and the two BGs (they are a fail) are not pve nor pvw, otherwise, its a crap expansion.

CATA: As same as MOP, except that people didnt give a damn anymore be it dueling or going outside the cities.

Oh yeah i miss the old days of WoW when the world felt like my school, people knew eachother, a real MMO compared to when pve players took over in WOTLK making it bland.

The thing I really like about BC raiding was that we didnt have to wait for a new raid to come out then farm the hell out of it and wait for 6 months till the next new one comes out, we could farm bc/mh and tk/scc for however long we wanted and move up a tier...at least for a semi-casual type guild...

MoP = BC > Wrath = cata > didnt raid in vanilla
    Last edited by usiris; 2012-12-31 at 03:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burning Crusade>Rest because i started back then, everything was new for me. I was younger, got less problems, more time etc