Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eu is not that bad either:

http://worldoftanks.eu/news/6176-med...ificent-seven/

I will have so much fun in T-34-1.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Jesus H. Fucking Christ, I hate playing WoT during the weekends. 12 games, 1 win. Every time we get utterly destroyed. Just now, we were winning 10-5, until EVERY single heavy in our team decided "LOL GUYS LETS CHARGE THE REST OF THEM" and got destroyed.

Finally, a win:

Last edited by mmoc31ca91b23a; 2013-02-23 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Folks, I've been playing French arty since my first WoT day and I was curious about other countries' arty so... What would you suggest?

I'm really looking at German arty since I've seen them pull out some epic damage (saw a GwPanther two-shotting an E-75 today, for instance), but I'm open to all options. What would you suggest?
    GW or a t-92, but if you arent really looking to do clan wars any arty is fine. You could also try the s51, its not a top tier arty but it hits and plays like one with an excellent cannon for the tier. If you are looking for a clan wars arty, the batchat arty and the t92 are both exceptional. The main thing really is to find the arty that fits you as a player. Each one has its own characteristics and going from one to the other you will see how they work differently.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2013-02-23 at 05:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    GW or a t-92, but if you arent really looking to do clan wars any arty is fine. You could also try the s51, its not a top tier arty but it hits and plays like one with an excellent cannon for the tier. If you are looking for a clan wars arty, the batchat arty and the t92 are both exceptional. The main thing really is to find the arty that fits you as a player. Each one has its own characteristics and going from one to the other you will see how they work differently.
    Not looking for clan wars at all, no. WoW raiding already consumes too much time as it is. I decided to give the Wespe a go.. So far it's ok. It's quite okay, though the gun arc and aim time are annoying. It's particularly terrible until you get the second gun.

Not looking for clan wars at all, no. WoW raiding already consumes too much time as it is. I decided to give the Wespe a go.. So far it's ok. It's quite okay, though the gun arc and aim time are annoying. It's particularly terrible until you get the second gun.
    I agree, after doing CWs for over a year, mmo's like wow, rift and all them have nothing on time commitment. Probably why I dont play wot as much as I used to .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Yeah, once I got into clan wars for a bit, that's all I did in the evening, would do my daily doubles then it's time for clan wars until midnight.

Got out of that fairly quickly, burnt out very fast.
    Your tanks get locked now for CV. For example you can only use tier 10 tank once a week till its destroyed! Then its locked for 84 hours (16 hours if you own a province and 30 hours if its under attack) . Lower the tier, lower the lock.

Destroyed Vehicles Blocking:

All vehicles destroyed in course of the battle are blocked from Clan Wars for a certain period of time. The duration of the block depends on vehicle tier, type of province, and battle result.

Blocking is not applied in battles of the Landing tournament.

Depends on a type of province you have tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Your tanks get locked now for CV. For example you can only use tier 10 tank once a week till its destroyed! Then its locked for 84 hours (16 hours if you own a province and 30 hours if its under attack) . Lower the tier, lower the lock.

Destroyed Vehicles Blocking:

All vehicles destroyed in course of the battle are blocked from Clan Wars for a certain period of time. The duration of the block depends on vehicle tier, type of province, and battle result.

Blocking is not applied in battles of the Landing tournament.

Depends on a type of province you have tho.
    Thats why for serious CW clans multiple t10s are a minimum. For example, I have all but the british t10s including all the mediums and 2 t8 arty. I know that many of the top clan members run multiple accounts as well so land can be flipped between sister clans when it is absolutely needed.

Deleted
    yep pretty much what the clan i'm in is starting to do i'm not part of that shit tho 1 don't have time 2 i play wot for fun not for cw.

Back on earlier topic the usa arty's after the priest are <3 the priest is somewhat funicky personally i do very well in it (yep low damage but a damn accurate thing) others seem to hate it.

The M41 after the priest is a pure beast i had my buddy go td mode in it more than once usually he ended up with quitte a few kills as either arty or hulldowned td (winning the match as hulldown arty is priceless btw nothing scares a t8 more than 2 arty's flanking him rushdown mode (was a wellplanned attack over skype))

I am wondering if it is worth it to go down the new american line, for the T57 Heavy. I've started seeing more and more tanks in that line, and they seem to be fairly popular.

Question is, are they any good?
    they are good for ones, and hated by others.
    I personally hate all of american heavy tanks past T29.

Deleted
    hastings95 are you using a recticle mod for arty? since that really changes the game for that one, the thing with the priest is it is highly accurate but suffers from very very poor shell travel time (trust me before i got a decent mod for arty i wasn't hitting jackshit with that priest due to shell travel time (ie aim for the back of a kv1 and hit the su85 that came behind him in the tracks <.<))

about the american heavy tanks they are really good but you need to totally adapt your playstyle to them almost all of em share the issue of retarded weak armor all around except for the turret and that's where the amazing gun depression of the us comes into play. but if you can't adjust to the bunker down style of the us heavy's then yeap they're a pain it the -tuut- what really helps the us heavy's is egld and vents top that off with Brothers in arms maxed and you got a rolling fortress.

The downside is if you can't hull down (which on some maps happens in quitte a few spots depending on which gametype got handed to ya, same thing happens with the us td's tho amazing on chokepoints not so much when flanked)
    Last edited by mmoc6959c42593; 2013-02-26 at 04:10 PM.

I am wondering if it is worth it to go down the new american line, for the T57 Heavy. I've started seeing more and more tanks in that line, and they seem to be fairly popular.

Question is, are they any good?
    The t-57 is a much better tank than the french heavy auto loaders and excels far more at its roll. If you enjoy playing the support roll for say a medium rush or supporting bunker down heavies the t57 is a great tank. Many a times ive killed other t10s inside of their reload time..ie, E-100s, IS-7s, etc.
    The E5 heavy is hands down the best heavy tank in the game right now, replacing the IS-7, for CWs. The issue I have with Americans is the tanks to get to the E5 but all the nations have this to different degrees. Out of the entire line only the t-29 is even remotely good for the tier and the 103 is a glass cannon. With that said, any tank is ok for pub matches.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2013-02-26 at 06:01 PM.

Deleted
    Can anyone explain the deal with the Churchill VII guns to me? The last gun is a few points of pen better than the Churchill I Vickers gun but the damage is lower. ROF is the same, too. Is there any hidden stat I'm missing? Better muzzle velocity? Accuracy is the same in paper, too, and WoT wiki page has no decent info on it besides a copy-pasta from the wiki page of the first Churchill.

Deleted
    agreed hastings :P alot of people on the ptr get a t10 while they got no idea of how to drive it or where the weakspots on their tank are (i suffered a game in my isu152 with our top tank being a is-8 that had 0 clue of how to play so after i got rushed by 4 tanks of which i took out 1 severely damaging the other (bl10 reload time /QQ) he just kinda wandered off standing in the flagzone and tried to kill a pz4 while there was a is3 x2 lurking behind the corner the pz4 distracted him long enough that the Is3's made mincemeat of him gg...)

and the m7 can either get into matches where it's a force to be reckoned or you get to be support tho once you get used to the low velocity of the shells (which is offset by the high firerate of the M7 topgun luckily ) it becomes a very nice support vehicle in those higher tier matches it can land in detracking tier 8's is my personall favorite with those granted that i'm platooned with someone in pubmatches it's a bit of a guess, sometimes it's sad to see your toptier guy with 20k matches and he still can't play a t9 <.<

Deleted
    I read that the t10 coming off the M7 line is really weak armoured heavy. Is this true or just hiperbole? I also unlocked the M7 on my way to the chaffee and never really got into that line due to that review. But I guess that I can take that if the rest of the line is a fun experience (one cna always skip the last tier).

EDIT:

Do you guys use any Mods that you'd recommend?

So far I've only used the Arty one for distance, travel time ,etc, but I dunno about any other that is useful. I wanted one that would let me make the minimap bigger but I couldn't find any in Curse (is there another place to get WoT mods?).

Also, is there some sort of gun sound mod out there? Jingles videos, for instance, show his shots sound different, like, after he shoots, you can hear the metallic clank of the shell falling but it doesn't happen in my WoT and I don't see anything related to that in the ingame options.
    Last edited by mmoc31ca91b23a; 2013-02-27 at 07:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are the new patch notes:
    http://worldoftanks.ru/news/2021-28_feb_084_release/

I suggest you too use gogle translate.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Here are the new patch notes:
    http://worldoftanks.ru/news/2021-28_feb_084_release/

I suggest you too use gogle translate.
    http://pastebin.com/4byJyPkx

@Grimord
    i recommend
    max zoom out increase mod
    no shadows sniper mode
    and realistic gun sounds

Huh, that german light tank change is interesting.

Wonder how the VK2801 has been buffed to compensate, and whether the Leopard will become a viable tier 5 scout, I may level that branch too, Vk2801 seems decent.
    it was nerfed and moved tier higher...
    same goes for leopard it was shit before
    now its even more useless ;_;

tho new light line is supposed to start at vk28 and merge with vkdb line at new medium (leading to leo1) indian panzer
    similar how chinese medium splits into light and medium

Deleted

Also, Grimord, you mentioned an arty mod that shows distance, travel time, etc. Which one is that?
    I use DAR Artillery Sight, downloaded from Curse Client.

I read that the t10 coming off the M7 line is really weak armoured heavy. Is this true or just hiperbole?
    The T57 isnt a front line tank, it is a support tank and one of the best in game at its roll. The roll isnt about standing toe to toe but more about supporting the tanks that are made for that roll then finishing off enemy tanks quickly. Its a great tank for what it is and blows the heavy french tanks out of the water by filling the same roll 100% better in every way.

The 2801 needed a fix but I think going up a tier and the nerfs combined are a bit much. Good 2801 drivers could change the late game part of a match very easily as they are on live now.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2013-02-27 at 11:09 PM.

Deleted
    grimord i'm using the aio mod from the us forums sec i'll link ^^: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index....sounds-tweaks/ there's another russian only mod that has some english translation for arty called sword of damocles can't recall from where tho it's been ages since i played arty :P (that one used a heavily modified dar script cause dar wasn't updated in ages with the new shell time travel values)
    Last edited by mmoc6959c42593; 2013-02-28 at 04:32 PM.