Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Once the servers finally close.. people will unhook the cord from the back of their necks and realize the world has been taken over by robots with BLIZZARD ACTIVISION stamped on them.. it is then that we shall form a resistance to fight back against the machines. We will no longer be their slaves.

Deleted
    Elder Scrolls Online! Coming soon....

Quote Originally Posted by kakokun View Post
    hard to say really.

For all we know in 5-10 years time there could come some new kind of technology for how mmos play that will make the current ones kind of bland.
    sao! Sao! Sao!
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    as soon as wow ends, it's fps games for me. maybe even join a clan.

Dark Age of Camelot is still running after nearly 11 years. So WoW will be arround for another 5 years or so. After that I expect to have my personal holodeck
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Grucky View Post
    Flying cars in 2015, so I'm led to believe.
    Back to the future... AWESOME!

WoW2. Only they'll do it properly this time and actually make the whole world and have a long term plan

i am having good hopes for titan since the game is not released yet so it's "easy" to balance classes without the worry of the QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    That's a little far-fetched. Don't forget that there are so many people who played WoW regularly at least once. I'm pretty sure they - we - will all try Titan and many will stay there.
    I dunno, if it's an original IP, I kind of doubt the attendance will be all that big. Especially for an MMO. People just don't really like those now a days. IF they decided to change it to something like "World of Starcraft" or "World of Warcraft 2" instead, then more folks might be way more interested (but even so, I think most any new MMO is doomed in the current age)

As long as there is no WoW killer from Blizzard itself this won't happen. And when that comes, the answer is obvious: people will go to Blizzard's new MMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I like how you assume EQ will still be up and running when WoW finally decides to shut down its servers.
    Well it wasn't really an assumption, more like I didn't think about it. But I guess I subconsciously assumed it would still be running in a few years time (seeing as it's been around for a while I think? and that I probably will get bored of WoW in a few years anyway [mostly play for achievements]).

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    It will fail completely, they'll be forced to devote all their resources back to WoW in less than a year after release.
    About 1.5 years after release they'll close even the last server and give everyone with an active Titan account a 1-year free WoW sub.
    That is a bit far-fetched is it not?

The only thing we know about Titan is that it is development and that is it. Everything else is rumors, So to blindly say that Blizzard will fail at Titan just because it's not WoW is narrow-minded.

Keep in mind that Blizzard had NO MMO Experience when they launched WoW in 2004, Now they do, They have that experience to back them up

WoW will most likely never die out. People still play EQ, enough for them to keep the servers going.

Look at SWTOR, which is what I play, I don't know the exact number of subs they went down to, but it was pretty low, and they stayed afloat. Most people don't want to leave WoW simply because of the time they have invested into their characters, this was what made it hard for me to change games.

Even Eve Online, they don't charge for their expansions, and you regularly only have between 20k and 40k people online at a given time, granted there are way more players than that, but even still, it's not a 'big' game, but at the same time it is, and even without millions upon millions of subscribers, they can easily keep their game going.

I'm pretty sure that even if the total sub count for WoW dropped to 500k they could definitely keep the servers going and still turn a profit. Not to mention they could always go F2P and expand the Shop if it got too bad. Like I said though, it won't ever get that bad for a long, long time, people always resub when expansions and major content patches hit, so there's that.

Mark my words, when you finally see the decline (read: not death) of WoW, Blizzard will likely either stop charging for Expansions, or cut the price they normally sell them for in half first.

All in all, WoW is going to be up for at least another 15 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Titan is unlikely to be a subscription based game, or any kind of thing meant to compete with WoW for subscribers. It would make no sense at all to develop such a game.

By the time WoW actually reaches a point where development is no longer profitable, there will be a host of other options available for us to spend our fun-time on. And shortly after the more popular options take off, Blizz will put out WoW2, which will be slightly more attractive than any of them.

And the cycle shall begin anew...

10+ Year Old Account
    blizz has a good thing going even after wow stops pushing content out it will still have so much to do in it for new players and old players may still feel connected to their mounts achieves guild and will feel a need to return once in awhile
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Dunno.

Honestly, I don't think I'll ever play an MMO seriously again after WoW. I haven't really been enjoying videogames in general as much as I used to these past few years.

Mostly, PC games are getting away from the genres and styles I most enjoy-- a good, swords and sorcery RPG with great characters, a solid party, and an excellent story-- and console games are frustrating to try to find the specific ones that have what I want, since you need to own multiple consoles to access a lot of them (for example, Tales of Vesperia is only for Xbox 360, but Tales of Graces is only for PS3).

The perfect game for me, right now, would be a fantasy RPG with a full party of characters, a good focus on character interaction and development, a long story, and the option for co-op, a la Tales of the Abyss.

i might actually go outside

I think that when WoW finally ends, how we play video games will look very different from how we play them now. Whatever revolutionary things that come up then will occupy our time, and perhaps the Warcraft franchise will continue on through that in some way. Blizzard has been around for a long time and probably will keep going for quite awhile.

Everyone says this like it matters. Whats next?!?! well whatever you want to go to. Some people dont play this game because its the most popular MMO. And the ones that do are stupid as hell. Either play WoW cause you like it or go to the next "big" mmo such as warhammer, starwars, or even aion. Ill still be here when wow has 1 mill subscribers, i was here in 2004 when they had 1mill so whats the difference? dont be a pawn of the system and play a game because its popular you tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    a bullet through the head <3