Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Subeam View Post
    (I was asked kindly not to abuse the knowledge of some of those words and so won't share them here either)
    I remember when a Game Master had been whispering with another one of their co-workers and accidentally sent it to me, they were discussing in-game commands about how they should help me out with my issue, he/she asked kindly that I not disclose this anywhere but that can't stop me from telling the story! I did take a screenshot though it's on my other computer and I really need to get a graphics card for it so I can view it again. One of the many great memories/laughs with a GM.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-01-02 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onomatopoeia View Post
    One that got hacked tickets would likely of been pushed higher in the priority queue and likely escalated to a higher level so this ticket wouldn't of affected it at all.

"would likely".

I find it hard to believe that not a single real, important issue was happening to any of the 10 millon WoW players so that this ticket could raise enough in the priority queue.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 11:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Quenchiest View Post
    You can tell a lot of people in this thread don't work in an office environment. You need a lot of levity in your daily routine to keep yourself sane.
    I work in an office environement. The last thing i want is people demanding my attention with stupid questions. When i want to take a break or something, i know how to do it.

Tickets like this one more than likely would be the one that a GM answers during his breaks/after he has officially finished for the day so no it probably didnt waste other peoples times for issues. It can get frustrating for the person looking on without any true knowledge of the details which is why I either moved away or make it obvious I was not working at that time when in a CS role (face to face). Also most tickets ive seen people complain about taking ages to get answered are for things which take 5 seconds to find through a google search, or because they tried to exploit something/terrain glitch and got stuck (*under SW*). Also im pretty sure GM's work on multiple tickets at a time ( in case of slow or no replies).

And yes they do have a prioritising system, which is why reporting say a cheater or hacker can be answered within minutes when the estimated wait is days (I reported someone for flying at 85 in jade forest but I didnt get to report via portrait and it was answered in about 3 hours due to not needing to ask any more information/any actual troubleshooting, just a generic response).

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Tickets like this one more than likely would be the one that a GM answers during his breaks/after he has officially finished for the day so no it probably didnt waste other peoples times for issues. It can get frustrating for the person looking on without any true knowledge of the details which is why I either moved away or make it obvious I was not working at that time when in a CS role (face to face). Also most tickets ive seen people complain about taking ages to get answered are for things which take 5 seconds to find through a google search, or because they tried to exploit something/terrain glitch and got stuck (*under SW*). Also im pretty sure GM's work on multiple tickets at a time ( in case of slow or no replies).

And yes they do have a prioritising system, which is why reporting say a cheater or hacker can be answered within minutes when the estimated wait is days (I reported someone for flying at 85 in jade forest but I didnt get to report via portrait and it was answered in about 3 hours due to not needing to ask any more information/any actual troubleshooting, just a generic response).
    What happens to your tickets is not fact for everyone else's tickets. I know of guild members who had to wait more than a day for issues with broken quests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TidesOfBlood View Post
    What happens to your tickets is not fact for everyone else's tickets. I know of guild members who had to wait more than a day for issues with broken quests.
    Usually in the case of broken quests they're already aware of the issue anyhow and can't fix it because GMs can't control the game's coding.

10+ Year Old Account
    This might be one of the best responses from a GM I've seen. Clearly they were channeling some Dr.Suess power over a thirty second cast. Or drinking might have been involved. I'm not entirely sure. Guess I just had to be there.

This also reminded me of a friend who told me once that on RP servers, some GMs will respond in an role-playing fashion. I don't have an example but I guess my friend asked about something and the GM responded like they were roleplaying with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TidesOfBlood View Post
    Anecdotal evidence is just that, you cannot use it to represent reality as a whole. Look at it this way, you have one pixel out of several hundred thousand and you are saying you can somehow extrapolate what the whole picture is from your one pixel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    "stop wasting people's time"

If he has time to address such a "problem" thats his deal, you should stop bitching over 1 or 2 days wait time. Dont know what you would have done in Warhammer, you waited the fuckin two weeks for your ticket and enjoyed it. You gonna die if your bugged quest issue isn't responded in 30 minutes ?

Patience is dead it seems, heavy issues are adressed almost instantly, atleast mine got answered in 1 hour or less if its serious business.

On the GM ticket, hilarious, I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Some of the responses are so deserving of a big fat Y SO SERIOUZ

Love when GMs have a bit of fun, hasn't happened to me more than a few times, last were during WotLK when a blizzard-robed troll came out and turned me into a Leper gnome and did all sorts of crazy things for a few minutes.
    And gave me a cake.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    This.

People should stop bothering the GMs with such nonsense. He could have done his job by responding to 2-3 pressing concerns rather than this.

A job is a job. Have your fun elsewhere.
    Perhaps he wrote that reply over his lunch break, or whoever he answers to was aware of and pleased with the work he was doing - in this case interacting with the paying customers.

If he was rude or disrespectful, you would have some grounds to complain about his actions. Otherwise, as long as the people signing his pay cheques are happy with the work he's doing, it's none of your damn business.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Quoting you as an example for the people who are the reason why people like me have to wait for days to get responses to real pressing concerns.
    Stop wasting my time please.
    you know if it is real pressing concern you don't have to wait. just because you think its urgent doesn't mean the gm can do anyting about it.
    just relax men. and also people like you make the mmo champ forum less and less apealing. do you hear me cry about it?

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    "stop wasting people's time"

If he has time to address such a "problem" thats his deal, you should stop bitching over 1 or 2 days wait time. Dont know what you would have done in Warhammer, you waited the fuckin two weeks for your ticket and enjoyed it. You gonna die if your bugged quest issue isn't responded in 30 minutes ?

Patience is dead it seems, heavy issues are adressed almost instantly, atleast mine got answered in 1 hour or less if its serious business.

On the GM ticket, hilarious, I like it.
    this 100% important question are awnsered fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    No wonder ticket ques are so high these days. Stop it. =3
    I really have to agree with this. Although GM responses usually are pretty funny I don't like wasting everyones time on stupid questions...

lol great times. I love GMs who are cool like that.

In all honesty it is probably from when the orcs almost took Ironforge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post

What your doing is like walking into mcdonalds asking about a ton of meals then walking away without getting anything and have 20 people waiting in line for food.
    That is definitely not the right example:-) This would mean that those 20 people would be all served immediately, due to the fact, everything is prepared :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post

You cant be sure of anything you said. He might be during a break, he might not. The point is, even making a GM read that ticket to see if it has a valid concern makes him lose time for real concerns.

The ticket was stupid, its not the GM fault here, his job is to answer the tickets, the one wrong here is the one that opened the stupid ticket in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    "would likely".

I find it hard to believe that not a single real, important issue was happening to any of the 10 millon WoW players so that this ticket could raise enough in the priority queue.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 11:23 PM ----------

I work in an office environement. The last thing i want is people demanding my attention with stupid questions. When i want to take a break or something, i know how to do it.
    sure there might be a more importent ticket await. but that doesn't mean less imported tickets will never be solved/awnsert.

and to all the people with broken quests and stuff. use the bug forum instead of wasting gm time.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    You're not allowed to talk about what pressing issues Blizzard has when you pay people to spam their ticket box.
    /looks around, checks things out, nope, you don't make the rules /ignored your response.
    And I don't. But if really makes you feel this butthurt....I might.
    Or maybe you guys can see how retarded it is to get bent out of shape and start flamebaiting/contemplating flaming over a silly ticket?
    haven't you got more interesting and pressing things to bitch about?
    Or is this as much as we can squeeze out of the self inflicted unhappiness we can muster today?
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

I sincerely doubt that the queue times are being caused by thousands of RPers posing small lore / amusing questions. These things will be a tiny, tiny amount of the queries per day to GMs.

Take your outrage out of the people who ticket in-game to complain about LFR lack of drops or "lag" (for that read their crappy internet / pc)!

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    You cant be sure of anything you said. He might be during a break, he might not. The point is, even making a GM read that ticket to see if it has a valid concern makes him lose time for real concerns.

The ticket was stupid, its not the GM fault here, his job is to answer the tickets, the one wrong here is the one that opened the stupid ticket in the first place.
    no it was his right to post that ticket. and the prio system is probebly done by a non gm. and i'm 100% sure you made a ticked about someting that was for shit and giggles.

and remember that some1 being hacked takes FAR more of there time then some1 makes a funny ticked. so stop the whining and just have a laugh or don't respond. the trolls are getting bigger and bigger in numbers