Thread: PTR is up!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    question : zen sphere cost chi or not ? and how to detonate it right now ?
    and how long CD
    Last edited by doraymon; 2013-01-03 at 07:17 AM.
    "if you dont like it, dont play the game! I love the way this game is 100% and nothing should be changed, because beta's aren't meant to improve a game. I will defend this games honor with my life and will refuse that anything bad be said about things that could be improved!"

- The FFXIV Community. (and some of "legacy" player)

Quote Originally Posted by doraymon View Post
    question : zen sphere cost chi or not ? and how to detonate it right now ?
    It's free, you can cast two of them, it only explodes if the person is below 35% health.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

If RoP can be trinket-ed then it's just another cc cooldown, like all blanket silences and disarms are
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if someone trinkets on the stun immediately, any subsequent stuns by FoF will last so short you can simply walk out of it, can't you?
    If there is no Dr's currently active; if a person trinkets FoF they are stunned again for the next Dr which would be 3 seconds regardless of the time remaining on the channel
    Last edited by JabJack; 2013-01-03 at 07:21 AM.
    Nerdrage-15 Minute Cooldown. You enter a berserker rage, increasing typing speed by 75%, chance to hit CAPS LOCK by 50% and decreasing chance to get laid by 100%. You feel no pity or remorse and can not be stopped unless banned.

ZS not scaling with haste thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if someone trinkets on the stun immediately, any subsequent stuns by FoF will last so short you can simply walk out of it, can't you?
    To trinket FoF stun you have to use it exactly when the stun refreshes to have a chance of getting out of it and only if you are at the edge of the FoF (5yards). At point blank range trinketing FoF is a waste of your trinket and I enjoy people falling for that pretty much tells me its time to setup the kill when DR is off.

Monks are OP its like the damage of a warrior with the healing of cata rets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JabJack View Post
    If RoP can be trinket-ed then it's just another cc cooldown, like all blanket silences and disarms are

If there is no Dr's currently active; if a person trinkets FoF they are stunned again for the next Dr which would be 3 seconds regardless of the time remaining on the channel
    If you put it on an enemy maybe they can trinket the debuff off?Anyone want to test this? But if you are not the person that is casted on it and you use your trinket you should still be silenced/disarmed.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

5 Second stun = Fist of Fury... Do people even know its a bloody Windwalker skill?
    Fists of Fury is still not a 5 second stun, it's 4 seconds and always has been. Leg sweep is the only 5 second stun we possess as a class and much more reliable than FoF.
    Last edited by Valsh; 2013-01-03 at 10:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadOwnz View Post
    Don't shoot up so early, clouds your senses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    It is not that much different from solar beam expect that it can be moved, do you think solarbeam is op then?
    Its like solarbeam IF it would stick to the target and follow it around and also disarm it. So in the end, its not lika solar beam at all.
    Nice try to defend the soon to be fotm-faceroll class tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Its like solarbeam IF it would stick to the target and follow it around and also disarm it. So in the end, its not lika solar beam at all.
    Nice try to defend the soon to be fotm-faceroll class tho
    If its OP, an easy fix would just make it castable on the Monk and its allies as opposed to an enemy target.

There's absolutely no reason it should silence/disarm the target you place it on, it defies the point of having the ring mobile if you can just throw it on someone and have them disabled for the entire duration.

Deleted
    I for one can't wait to see/try the Storm, Earth and Fire ability

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    "Ring of Peace forms a 8 yard Sanctuary around the target for 8 seconds, causing all enemies in the area of effect to be silenced and disarmed."

I already knew about casting on any target already, just forgot to mention that. But no where in the tooltip did it say the sanctuary was on the move other than it saying around the target, but in that case it changes things then.
    If it moves with the target then its a little bit OP I'd say

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeruk View Post
    If it moves with the target then its a little bit OP I'd say
    It does move with the target. Got a few videos of the PTR on my youtube channel and I'm showing how Ring of Peace works properly in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadOwnz View Post
    Season 9 cata rets?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    There's absolutely no reason it should silence/disarm the target you place it on, it defies the point of having the ring mobile if you can just throw it on someone and have them disabled for the entire duration.
    There's 2 reasons actually.

1.It is in the offensive CC tier along with Ox Charge and Leg Sweep.

2. Monks had no great way to stop ranged attacks. Mages/Priests/Warlocks and Hunters ate them alive. RoP helps that a bit by allowing the Monk to pressure casters and hunters.

Like I said earlier, the devs intend it to be very powerful. They want monks to PvP. If WW becomes the FOTM and everybody switches, they'll nerf it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    There's 2 reasons actually.

1.It is in the offensive CC tier along with Ox Charge and Leg Sweep.

2. Monks had no great way to stop ranged attacks. Mages/Priests/Warlocks and Hunters ate them alive. RoP helps that a bit by allowing the Monk to pressure casters and hunters.
    It is too overpowered. Everyone can see that. I expect it to be fixed before going live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    It is too overpowered. Everyone can see that. I expect it to be fixed before going live.
    OP would imply that you can't counter it. There are numerous ways to counter this, and the ability has severe limitations. If you want to see OP CCing, check out Mages.

I do expect it to get nerfed though, because the PvP community whines about everything.