Poll: Pick

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    People who say it's like hitting a target dummy are exaggerating and blowing things out of proportion. You have to freaking move a lot in most every fight in LFR, regardless, save for maybe one or two of them, out of like 16 bosses. I really hate this "lol LFR" attitude that pervades the thing so much. We get it. You hate things that aren't really hard. Good for you! It's nice that you're able to do those things with your little groups! Most aren't as lucky as you! They've just made the barrier for failure really low, doesn't mean you just sit there and don't do a damn thing. That's absurd.

I try to, but I can't make myself do it.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    Unless you're full BiS Heroic and a Fury Warrior I call complete and utter BS. Fury Warriors have probably the highest Single Target Auto Attack damage in the game and mine (Which admittedly is only 482 ilvl, but still) has at best only ever out-dps'd maybe 2-3 people by auto attacking THE WHOLE FIGHT. There is ALWAYS some decent players in LFR, and there has to be, if everyone was pulling Auto Attack DPS you WOULD hit Beserk Timers on any fight that has one. (However if you're only AFK'ing just to grab a drink or go the Loo then I can understand still beating people, I just assume that by AFK we're talking about the general AFK 'the whole fight' scenario, but I guess both are counted as 'AFKing')

In direct response to OP and what I answered in the Poll, Yes, from time to time. Mainly when I Que and after being in Que for 20-40 minutes it finally pops but I've already started making dinner. So I just keep making my dinner whilst coming back to my room and moving my character into an Auto Attack position, or coming back every couple minutes and shifting to where the boss has moved to.
    Aye, i'm talking about going to grab a drink quick - Or I might disconnect, go reset my router, come back and still beat people that are blatantly not afk.

I now know why there are fails in lfr, its not because people don't know what they are doing its because there are too many sad sacks that went afk.

I personally don't understand why anyone would want to increase the potential of failing to beat a boss and spending more time in the lfr. Get in, get the boss down, get your shot at the loot and get out, go do something else you enjoy. Going AFK 'for the hell of it' just ensures you wipe more, spend more time in lfr and reduce the efficiency of getting the loot you want.

15+ Year Old Account
    no i enjoy helping others accomplish a goal we are both working towards...

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    People who say it's like hitting a target dummy are exaggerating and blowing things out of proportion. You have to freaking move a lot in most every fight in LFR, regardless, save for maybe one or two of them, out of like 16 bosses. I really hate this "lol LFR" attitude that pervades the thing so much. We get it. You hate things that aren't really hard. Good for you! It's nice that you're able to do those things with your little groups! Most aren't as lucky as you! They've just made the barrier for failure really low, doesn't mean you just sit there and don't do a damn thing. That's absurd.
    I fell from Elegon's platform last night while i was gearing my Alt's dps off spec and i feel good for making the LFR players work more. The attitudes and complete incompetence that i see in LFR just makes me want to AFK. Your heart wrenching speech can't change that, sorry.

I do sometimes, but not over the top, if I get a message on FB / phone / e-mail / skype as I have all 4 forms open all the time, then I'll minimize quickly to check / reply, like last night, my cousin was sending me pictures over skype and it kept pinging up on my wow screen while doing tsulong through to sha, so I did minimize each time to hit accept and have a quick glance as they were only 29kb or so in size, but thats the only time, I don't sit there and do nothing for most of the fight, I don't play other games etc,

I do pull my weight and I plan when to minimize, e.g. when theres no aoe damage or I'm getting carried away by sha energy etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Furypie View Post
    I try to afk as much as possible. Auto attacking and then spamming execute usually makes it look like i am just a bad with crap gear. Sometimes i don't deal any damage at all because then i won't show up on recount/skada and people will most of the time not notice me not doing anything
    But its people like this, that need to be shot

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I fell from Elegon's platform last night while i was gearing my Alt's dps off spec and i feel good for making the LFR players work more. The attitudes and complete incompetence that i see in LFR just makes me want to AFK. Your heart wrenching speech can't change that, sorry.
    Aren't you being incompetent for falling off the platform? its a pretty hard thing to miss, and if you were afking for the fight isn't that a negative attiude to take?

And as you mentioned you were on an alt therefor you probably weren't top or pulling your weight, so I don't know why you feel good because their picking up your slack

Don't be such a hypocrite in future

I afk'd every boss for dragon soul mostly madness tho. Since Mop I try and stay but sometimes I can't even be bothered cause we all know that 28 gold 50 silver is coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Aye, i'm talking about going to grab a drink quick - Or I might disconnect, go reset my router, come back and still beat people that are blatantly not afk.
    I'd understand a router reset, but going for a drink during a fight? personally I find that out of order, unless your like myself who has the bottle of drink right by the side of my laptop so I dont have to move

Quote Originally Posted by Lebonj View Post
    Should be ashamed of yourselves.

What makes you think you're above everyone else so much so that you can expect 20+ other people to essentially boost you through LFR?

I usually go in with 10+ guildees, and we make sure to kick anyone who is doing nothing/autoattacking.

Yes LFR is easy, so stop AFKing, help out, and get it done faster. If you're that lazy in a fantasy world I dread to think how bad you are in the real world. Do you get pushed around in a wheelbarrow when you need to get somewhere?

Disgraceful.
    Now now, 20 other people? I seriously doubt 20 other people are pulling their weight. Still, I don't afk often. Must have afk'd 4 times maybe since the release of LFR, each time for legitimate reasons.

Btw, does this count as AFKing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3VOMJx1HAk

I'd rather have this guy than people who suck complete donkey cock and ignore every tactic.

Deleted
    Successfully once after Elegon. I was only there for the trinket and then when it didn't drop I went to make a cup of tea and that type of thing. I was kicked during the trash. Being the only dps above 40k on Elegon, I doubt they made it through Will, though.

Unsuccessfully a few times. I tell myself, I am going to afk for the trash to see what it feels like, so I alt-tab and try to do other stuff... But I just can't... I automatically alt-tab back in and start doing my thing as soon as I hear the clamour (I have sound in background on, in-game music turned off though, ofc.).

The thing is... I just wanna get it overwith, quickly. It's torture of the soul to do LFR if you're used to real raiding and me slacking in LFR is hardly going to make it any faster. I just wish the kick-tool was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Btw, does this count as AFKing?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3VOMJx1HAk
    I've actually done that on fights like Protectors and Feng. Nuke at the start, then go do something else. Come back 5 minuttes later to watch the boss die while still being in the top 5 damage done.
    Last edited by mmoce7431826d4; 2013-01-03 at 01:28 PM.

just on trash i usually do pretty good on boss to make up for it but just cant stand trash in lfr
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    I've actually fallen asleep on fights like Sha and Will.
    This, and i've died on "accident" and just had to wait for the boss to be dead
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Fallen asleep a few times while healing, bot not really AFKd.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    just on trash i usually do pretty good on boss to make up for it but just cant stand trash in lfr
    also this. Afk on trash, top dps meter on boss.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I'd understand a router reset, but going for a drink during a fight? personally I find that out of order, unless your like myself who has the bottle of drink right by the side of my laptop so I dont have to move
    *Shrug* It's LFR, either i'm so undergeared that 1 minute of my DPS missing won't make a difference, or i'm so overgeared that I can come back and still beat the majority of the people. Obviously if everyone had the same view that would be a problem, but honestly I very rarely do anything like that to begin with.

I tend to afk when i know the other tank is taunting it all all the time, or if im in a cba mood.
    I view LFR as an abomination i kinda have to live with, as i want to be the best possible for my guild. I dislike the 28g 50s, the repeat of items you already got, but those i can live with (gold is kinda annoying by now but you know, maybe make all the items spawn from the bags, would be imo more fun).
    What i rly dont like is that lfr is so dumbed down that it removes the fun part of raiding, which is the slight challenge and the possibility of a wipe incase shit goes wrong.

So in general LFR to me equals the bastard child of pug raiding and Wotlk LFD/Dragonsoul dungeons, that then just happened to be dropped on the head 10 times to make it less requiring to do.

So all in all, guess it just doesnt motivate me to do even remotely well.

I like to Die at start of fight so i do not have to finish

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    also this. Afk on trash, top dps meter on boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    People like yourselves are the reason you cannot stand trash. Good on boss, topping meters even. You don't think you'd make the trash go faster if you actually put effort into killing it? Just a thought.

No, but I've kicked people who are afk.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"