Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Throne of the Thunder King best looking raid to date?

Hello everyone!

Just watched the preview of the new 5.2 raid, and IMO, its looking b-e-a-utiful!!! Best-looking raid to date if I had to say it.
    So many different zones, from caves to plateaus to big sewers, it has it all.

Seems to be even bigger than Ulduar, don't you think?

Discuss!

Edit:

I put in the comparison with Ulduar because that is (one of) the most favourite raids of the playerbase, and Blizzard said they wanted to make this new raid as epic as Ulduar. I just want to hear other people's opinions. The title of the thread is not meant as a fact (although it is my opinion) but as a question to all of you. Just want to know what you guys think about this new raid
    Last edited by Baharroth; 2013-01-04 at 12:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar wasnt that HUUUGE.. It was nice but not huge...

And so far I like it a lot yes.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Doesn't look like anything special to me, so meh....The place can look like a pile of crap for all I care, I just want to see some new mechanics.
    Honestly, most of it looks too big... Like they scaled it up to try and make it look bigger than it should be...
    Last edited by Bremmon; 2013-01-03 at 12:56 PM.
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

People only think of Ulduar as Huge because of Flame Leviathan "trash", which is probably equal to the rest of the raid instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar meets Kara = ToTK.. that's my impression so far. Not meant as a negative review. But it really reminds me heavily of Kara with some Ulduar touch to it.

Yes, I love how dark it is. Reminds me of Karazhan/Black Temple

I liked the preview, looking forward checking it live with all the particle effects, enemies etc. Is it best looking raid? I dunno, I still prefer Ulduar architecture, but that's really, really personal opinion.
    I will see it live and then decide I suppose. Or I won't it doesn't really matter to me, I just hope that it will be interesting lore/mechanic wise
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

it's definitely bigger than Ulduar,but if it looks better or not is debatable

Deleted
    if they don't add a teleporter to every single boss, i'm gonna hate it so much.

No.

Best looking raid instance is, in my opinion, by far Karazhan.

Z.

Ulduar, Karazhan, Sunwell and Black Temple looked better.

It looks linear and monotone like ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by Baharroth View Post
    Hello everyone!

Just watched the preview of the new 5.2 raid, and IMO, its looking b-e-a-utiful!!! Best-looking raid to date if I had to say it.
    So many different zones, from caves to plateaus to big sewers, it has it all.

Seems to be even bigger than Ulduar, don't you think?

Discuss!
    Sunwell was the best looking raid. Karazhan was second. Zul'Aman third. Ulduar doesn't crack my top 5.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Deleted
    The first part of the raid is looking kind of boring. Seems like it takes way too long until the artstyle is changing.
    Ulduar was so great because of the variety. Every single one of the guardins had a distinct looking area. Let's see how this works out in the end.

Aesthetics are a completely personal judgement; you can argue until you're blue in the face but in the end 'best' is a matter of personal taste, and what tickles your particular personal happy places. A new piece of art has a long hill to climb to overtake places that have happy personal associations for people.

That being said, the new place looks stunning so far, and I look forward to creating new happy memories there. I don't know if it will eventually overtake my other happy video game memories, but the potential is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Ulduar, Karazhan, Sunwell and Black Temple looked better.

It looks linear and monotone like ICC.
    Because Sunwell wasn't linear right?

Deleted
    While it does look awesome, Ulduar had a rocket train... nothing beats a rocket train.

Looks pretty good. I will never understand why people liked Ulduar. I pretty much think that place is crap. I liked Kara a lot, and who can't like a place with concubines? Everytime they dropped a green or epic we'd all yell 'loot whores' in vent. Ah, the good 'ol days.

My honest opinion is that I really hope they plan to add a lot more mood lighting, models and details to what we've datamined currently, because in it's current state it looks incredibly boring.

Also, people are saying the floating platform with the two giant heads on the walls is Ra-Den's encounter space, which leads me to this question: Where is The Thunder King Supposed to be? That small tiny room with the electric pillars that doesn't resemble a throne room in the slightest?

Meh. I dunno. I was just hoping for something a bit more environmental and grandiose considering we are fighting the KING of the Mogu.

Deleted
    I will wait to walk in it before commenting, video does not give me enough of the feeling.
    I need the ambient sound and music and everything else before judging

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    While it does look awesome, Ulduar had a rocket train... nothing beats a rocket train.
    the best part of rocket train was making new players to run back to the start to buy the ticket from Brann to not get ported out by ticket controller XD

yup they did believe XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!