Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariavo View Post
    Since when are you 'suppose' to do anything? If you play any high rated teams they will switch very often, meaning if you get shit on in a switch without trinket and in BS it could be a one-shot. And watching 1200 mmr streams shouldn't really be an argument for anything. BS vs DS is DS hands down BUT also situational.

It's all about play-style, but saying "You're not supposed to sit in defensive stance" is a very wrong statement. Also, I don't like the word sit, of course you don't sit one stance when you can benefit from another but you should discuss the stances and their benefits. 25% less damage taken vs more rage is a very tricky choise, but it's PvP - it's not all about the damage output.

This is the whole problem, if you are in DEF stance 100% of the time or close too it. NO one will ever swap to you to attempt to burst you down. Meanwhile in coolsville everyone else can be swapped to and shit on. Should be times when every class is a target to kill, even warriors. DEF stance has been one of the most OP things a warrior has been given. With the way tfb works we really don't have a need to ever leave the stance at all. You can see it now on the ptr warriors in DEF stance pooling rage and bursting in that stance. Granted I don't really like second wind either, because it still allows it to be broken vs some comps. Hopefully with any luck with the way blizzard is being agressive at tuning this xpack we will see more buffs and balance coming. Warriors are startting to feel a lot like dk 0.5 or a retpally 0.5 with each patch update. Maybe they will give us something new and fun. Sitting in DEF stance isn't fun.

Dont the notes for Second Wind say it give 3% (was 2%) so they didnt end up nerfing it ?

Quote Originally Posted by defuse View Post
    Dont the notes for Second Wind say it give 3% (was 2%) so they didnt end up nerfing it ?
    Yes, second wind stays the same. But instead they nerf Defensive Stance with 10% less reduced damage for anyone that's not Protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    This is the whole problem, if you are in DEF stance 100% of the time or close too it. NO one will ever swap to you to attempt to burst you down. Meanwhile in coolsville everyone else can be swapped to and shit on. Should be times when every class is a target to kill, even warriors.
    I might agree with arms design being so rage independent is bad in general but come on that you can't switch on warriors is just pure exaggeration. Of course you aren't the target you were in previous seasons which is perfectly fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariavo View Post
    Since when are you 'suppose' to do anything? If you play any high rated teams they will switch very often, meaning if you get shit on in a switch without trinket and in BS it could be a one-shot. And watching 1200 mmr streams shouldn't really be an argument for anything. BS vs DS is DS hands down BUT also situational.

It's all about play-style, but saying "You're not supposed to sit in defensive stance" is a very wrong statement. Also, I don't like the word sit, of course you don't sit one stance when you can benefit from another but you should discuss the stances and their benefits. 25% less damage taken vs more rage is a very tricky choise, but it's PvP - it's not all about the damage output.
    I meant their design philosophy, not stating facts. You don't need an IQ of 50 to understand that Blizzard doesn't want non-protection warriors to spend most of their in the defensive stance even when they're not being attacked just because the def stance is so superior.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    to much qq .. warrior been to op in a long time and i think these "nerfs" will be good for the game. and yes i have a warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    well at least they un-nerfed 2nd wind,i told you it was over kill.there is nothing wrong with warriors staying in d-stance or -b-stance.we can CHOOSE what stance we want to use and when.arms still gets -15% damage reduction from d-stance,so this change was a good one.new gear means more str and stam,hopefully 2nd wind scales enough to cancel out the nerf to d-stance.

Stormbolt needs a buff to damage if it's going to compete with the other two in pvp. The recent buff isn't nearly enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Stormbolt needs a buff to damage if it's going to compete with the other two in pvp. The recent buff isn't nearly enough.
    Personally, i think bloodbath needs to be adjusted, 20k ticks (after critting for 150k or so, not a fan of math) is not enough or make 50% slow reduction to 60% or last longer... something like that.

And storm bolt could use a little dmg buff maybe to 150%? 400% on immune.

To the guy saying hard swaps on warriors don't happen because of 25% defensive stance just...no. Burst is so high that a single class who's made sure that the warrior has burnt his stuns can basically burn 100-0 through a warrior's defensive stance, shield wall, second wind and die by the sword.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    I'm a little worried about the Dstance nerf. I've gotten blown up in the opener a few times as it is now by Rogue/Mage Warr/Mage teams in 3s. So unless they trade burst for substained for every class in the game i'm a bit worried about this nerf. Imo the shockwave nerf should be 10 sec reduced cd per extra target hit. So if you hit 2 targets the CD is 30 sec. and max 20 sec cd obviously.
    Last edited by mmoce1d4aa0cd7; 2013-01-11 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j0a View Post
    I'm a little worried about the Dstance nerf. I've gotten blown up in the opener a few times as it is now by Rogue/Mage Warr/Mage teams in 3s. So unless they trade burst for substained for every class in the game i'm a bit worried about this nerf. Imo the shockwave nerf should be 10 sec reduced cd per extra target hit. So if you hit 2 targets the CD is 30 sec. and max 20 sec cd obviously.
    Indeed, I agree. That seems more logical to me. Either do that or increase its cooldown with 10 seconds instead of 20. I prefer your nerf though, that would actually be a fun mechanic.

Battle fatigue is currently not affecting second wind/other self heals on the ptr at the moment(could just be a bug, but i'm 90% sure the BF debuff was reducing healing from second wind when the ptr first came up today).

As well, the Blitz glyph now works with warbringer.
    Deonto posted this on the warrior forums in AJ.
    If what he posted is in fact not a bug then these are some positive changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG i got fury pvp buff Small one but still
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

oke so someting that was never blizzard intention to do got nerfed. well its good they nerfed def stance.

Obviously alot of nerfs but the most overlooked one imo is TfB. Overpower's damage is average at best and HS is our only good off-the-gcd attack and now its worse than ever. Slam damage buff is nice but unless we are fighting other melee theres hardly ever enough gcds to slam often, hence why HS was so good. Especially now with shockwave nerf and people potentially speccing warbringer our uptime will drop and im not seeing a whole lot of time to be slamming. Im seeing our sustained damage and burst dropping.

Either way, not seeing why you wouldnt take a dk or a monk over a war come 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Im seeing our sustained damage and burst dropping.
    Burst of course - sustained I'd assume it's negligible. Doubt they would dare to put out real damage buffs to arms in the current situation yet alone ones that effect pvp although I'd claim that arms easily could use those as much as other specs that are receiving buffs.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-01-11 at 11:24 PM.

Deleted
    I just cant figure why they cant buff Arms PvE damage? its so shitty. This measly, maybe 2-5% buff is nowhere near enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    And storm bolt could use a little dmg buff maybe to 150%? 400% on immune.
    Keep in mind that now it does total of 500% on immune targets on PTR, making it hit like 600% for Arms. In the tooltip it says "additional 375% weapon damage" so 125+375=500. 150% + 400% would be 650%. Quite strong for Arms if you would add extra 20% to that due to seasoned soldier (+20% two handed melee damage passive). Personally I would make the stun immune amount a bit smaller and make it hit inside the stun better, like closer to 200% weapon damage? But they don't want to make it too competitive when you can always stun with it.

Oh, thx for for pointing that out, didn't know the 125% part could add up to 375%, yes 200% on the w/o immunity to stun part.