Poll: What would you do?

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In all honesty I'd feel a bit disappointed and bad for the Alliance that all they got was a re-skin as a 'new race'. Insult to injury after female Worgen, imo.

I'll never understand folks who just want more of the same. There's already TWO playable Elves in game! I love Trolls, but I'd NOT be pleased if Blizz tried to pass off another tribe of Trolls as a 'new playable race' rather than an additional customization skin with a lore explanation. That being said, with Moira's addition to the Alliance Dark Iron skins should totally be available to Dwarves.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

It wouldn't make any sense, so neither. We already have Blood Elves and there's really no reason High Elves would have different racials. Also, they don't have a different starting area. They'd be the "Vanilla Trolls" of the next expansion.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

It totally depends on the lore and how they present it. Given the current state of High Elves in lore, I'd gladly stay a blood elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It contradicts absolutely nothing, I guess there are a few thousand high elves left, that does not make them any less endangered. Since a few thousand people is as good as nothing.
    What angle are you trying to approach here? Endangered? wth?
    A few thousand is arguably more than the Darkspear started out with. It's plenty, if its even valid. Numbers are a lot smaller in WoW than in our 6 billion strong real world so making such comparisons is not good. To say there aren't enough High Elves out there to constitute anything tangible is a load of stinky bullshit. Silver Covenant = tangible. Vereesa's rangers = tangible. They showed up in force at Theramore and Voljin reached out to them to coordinate curbing the Amani in Ghostlands in Cata. So saying there are so few of them they don't even unify under a banner is bullshit, completely contradictory. Should they be a playable race? imo, no, its redundancy of the Blood Elves, though the suggestion that Thalassian elves go dual faction like Pandaren is a good compromise. It has absolutely nothing to do with "not enough of them constituting a playable race" cause there sure as hell are.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really doubt this would happen

Because if both factions had new races and the Alliance one was High Elves it would seem be very half-assed
    As their are only little difference between High and Blood Elves, plus where would there starting zone be if not their homeland?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    I really doubt this would happen

Because if both factions had new races and the Alliance one was High Elves it would seem be very half-assed
    That alone is enough for Blizzard to actually go through with it
    As their are only little difference between High and Blood Elves, plus where would there starting zone be if not their homeland?
    Revamped IQD would be a good choice for a starting zone for a dual faction Thalassian elf race.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    What angle are you trying to approach here? Endangered? wth?
    A few thousand is arguably more than the Darkspear started out with. It's plenty, if its even valid. Numbers are a lot smaller in WoW than in our 6 billion strong real world so making such comparisons is not good. To say there aren't enough High Elves out there to constitute anything tangible is a load of stinky bullshit. Silver Covenant = tangible. Vereesa's rangers = tangible. They showed up in force at Theramore and Voljin reached out to them to coordinate curbing the Amani in Ghostlands in Cata. So saying there are so few of them they don't even unify under a banner is bullshit, completely contradictory. Should they be a playable race? imo, no, its redundancy of the Blood Elves, though the suggestion that Thalassian elves go dual faction like Pandaren is a good compromise. It has absolutely nothing to do with "not enough of them constituting a playable race" cause there sure as hell are.
    Read my god damn post, it shouldn't be that hard even though english isn't my native tongue! I never argued that they couldn't become playable all I said is that their numbers are very low and a few thousand are at the brink of extinction no matter how you look at it.

Oh really them being splintered is against lore, lets see we have Auric leading his group, we have Vereesa, who leads her little Covenant, we had the high elves in Theramore, the ones under Ranger Lord Hawkspear and the Quel'danil ones, how is that not splintered? And lets not forget the single high elf you keep parading around as a sign of unity between high elves and night elves, Huntress Davinia.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Revamped IQD would be a good choice for a starting zone for a dual faction Thalassian elf race.
    so like the Panderan starting zone?

But like I said before, if the Horde had a brand new race and the Alliance only gained a re-skinned/colored version of Blood Elves, do you think everyone would sit well with that? Considering all the "faction imbalance" fires that have been raging since Cata.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

This won't happen since there are not enough high elves to supply a 'nation' or an 'army'. There are enough of all the existing races in each faction to represent an army or nation and high elves are basically living in small neutral camps or allowed to toil in darnassus because Malfurion felt bad for them. "Here's your welfare purples, now just go afk in a corner until we work in a plot where someone is picking you off right under my nose."

If they were a playable race in the alliance my Warlock worgan would have to kill every last one of them for asking me to kill all those blood elves. Its not that I didn't want to because I killed as many as I felt like it but getting the bits of elf flesh out of your teeth is annoying. The hardest part of killing all those elves was skinning the bastards afterwards.

Read my god damn post, it shouldn't be that hard even though english isn't my native tongue! I never argued that they couldn't become playable all I said is that their numbers are very low and a few thousand are at the brink of extinction no matter how you look at it.
    I read your post, your argument that their numbers are so low is ludicrous.

Oh really them being splintered is against lore, lets see we have Auric leading his group, we have Vereesa, who leads her little Covenant, we had the high elves in Theramore, the ones under Ranger Lord Hawkspear and the Quel'danil ones, how is that not splintered? And lets not forget the single high elf you keep parading around as a sign of unity between high elves and night elves Huntress Davinia.
    They are all in the Alliance. That just goes woosh, over your head? Or its not relevant because "it's just the Alliance". Just cause they are geographically scattered doesn't mean they aren't unified in one way or another. You may as well say Theramore's humans are splintered from Stormwind's.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 07:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    so like the Panderan starting zone?
    ya pretty much, an opportunity to create some new lore. But with the events in Dalaran thats completely out of the question now.

But like I said before, if the Horde had a brand new race and the Alliance only gained a re-skinned/colored version of Blood Elves, do you think everyone would sit well with that? Considering all the "faction imbalance" fires that have been raging since Cata.
    I think it'd be rather absurd. Blood Elves are good enough, High Elves aren't any different so it's going to be hard to sell them as a unique race. Blue-eyed, Alliance Blood Elves, well, I wouldn't underestimate the power of that request.
    It's a win win for Blizz really. They can be lazy, half-ass developments for the Alliance as they always have, cept this time, many players will be getting exactly what they want and won't complain.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    This won't happen since there are not enough high elves to supply a 'nation' or an 'army'.
    well they have some small outposts scattered around, mostly in Dalaran and that one Lodge near the borders of Quethalas

But other than that they are pretty small in numbers.
    The Elves themselves are few in number since the Scourge rampage, and the High Elves are only a small part of that already small amount.

I read your post, your argument that their numbers are so low is ludicrous.
    It isn't it has established lore backing it, blood elves are said to be endangered and we see plenty of them around and only 10% of the population became actual high elves, meaning Kael's army was bigger than the entire high elven population.

They are all in the Alliance. That just goes woosh, over your head? Or its not relevant because "it's just the Alliance". Just cause they are geographically scattered doesn't mean they aren't unified in one way or another. You may as well say Theramore's humans are splintered from Stormwind's.
    What does that matter for their race? They are still splintered, Vereesa cannot order the others around they independent from each other. Theramore and Stormwind humans are different nations.

It isn't it has established lore backing it, blood elves are said to be endangered and we see plenty of them around and only 10% of the population became actual high elves, meaning Kael's army was bigger than the entire high elven population.
    Lore, written before they dumped a boatload of High Elves into our face in Dalaran, before they showed the High Elves bringing sizable military contributions (within the scope of the game) to deal with threats from the Amani or bolster Theramore. I get what you're saying, you don't seem to get it's been contradicted and Im done arguing this point with you. Agree to disagree and drop it.

What does that matter for their race they are still splintered, Vereesa cannot order the others around they independent from each other. Theramore and Stormwind humans are different nations.
    They are different states, part of the Alliance. Who they "answer to" is irrelevant.

We don't need an army of high elf for them to be playable. Heck we only needed a ship for playable goblin and only an air balloon for both Alliance and Horde Pandaren for them to be playable.

If high elf is playable, they can be a blood elf lookalike race that starts of in a different zone. They would be just like pandaren which divided by political views but unlike Pandaren, both belf and helf have diff starting zones and few racial differences. To make up for that Ogre can be the new Horde race, and Naga would be added as a neutral race. So at the same time Blizz gives old alliance fan the race they always wanted; helf, keeping belf to the Horde, giving Horde ogres and making Naga a neutral race, Allliance gets a new skin for a race as well.

Lore, written before they dumped a boatload of High Elves into our face in Dalaran, before they showed the High Elves bringing sizable military contributions (within the scope of the game) to deal with threats from the Amani or bolster Theramore. I get what you're saying, you don't seem to get it's been contradicted and Im done arguing this point with you. Agree to disagree and drop it.
    Fine and you might be proven right in the future should blizzard decide to officially retcon the established lore, otherwise there really is no longer a point to argue about this.

They are different states, part of the Alliance. Who they "answer to" is irrelevant.
    It is relevant, because some of them could decide tomorrow hey we are done here lets negotiate with Quel'thalas and return home and Vereesa ,for example, could do nothing against it, except killing or trying to imprison them.

Now that would be an instant race change for me. Absolutely.

This comes from someone who never bother or was ever interested in rolling a DK, panda or monk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play Alliance (Well both really) and if this were to happen I'd be rather lost for words, I've wanted playable High Elves for ages.
    I doubt it will happen sadly . The fact is that their model is just going to be the same as Blood Elves so people will bitch that the Alliance get a copy and paste Horde race as a expansion feature.

Would love it. But I doubt it will ever happen.

I don't think that a lack of numbers has ever really stopped other races from having a great story, if anything it adds to it as playing as one of the last survivors of your race sounds pretty neat and certainly gives them a very cool feel.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-01-04 at 07:31 PM.

I love this notion that the High Elves are arrogant etc; as opposed to the Blood Elves who, even having been so stupid as to depend on Fel Energy and think they could wield it with no consequences (consequences include the Wretched etc), and having seen what it wrought upon the Orcs, are still arrogant and hypocritical enough to mock Night Elf mages and think lowly of the High Elves for having wisely abandoned them as they began a venture of folly.

I'd roll a High Elf in a heartbeat; my favourite race in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I love this notion that the High Elves are arrogant etc; as opposed to the Blood Elves who, even having been so stupid as to depend on Fel Energy and think they could wield it with no consequences (consequences include the Wretched etc), are still arrogant enough to mock Night Elf mages and think lowly of the High Elves for having wisely abandoned them as they began a venture of folly.

I'd roll a High Elf in a heartbeat; my favourite race in the game.
    Yet if the blood elves had not sunkt to that level the Sunwell wouldn't have been restored for all, the high elves refused to change and that would have cost them dearly if they all had remained High elves. Quel'thalas would have most likely fallen to the scourge for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I play Alliance (Well both really) and if this were to happen I'd be rather lost for words, I've wanted playable High Elves for ages.
    I doubt it will happen sadly . The fact is that their model is just going to be the same as Blood Elves so people will bitch that the Alliance get a copy and paste Horde race as a expansion feature.

Would love it. But I doubt it will ever happen.

I don't think that a lack of numbers has ever really stopped other races from having a great story, if anything it adds to it as playing as one of the last survivors of your race sounds pretty neat and certainly gives them a very cool feel.
    why would people who WANTS to play as high elf complains they get HIGH ELF?