Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Just want to make sure whether there is a discussion here or we're just arguing semantics
    It was already a semantics argument when people were basing theories on things that Blizzard did not say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    It was already a semantics argument when people were basing theories on things that Blizzard did not say.
    There's a point where arguiing that something isn't true because it wasn't said becomes ridiculous. I feel this is such a point, there's little room to argue that it is NOT a completely new IP. When looked at what they said, as linked before, for instance that the lore will be written from scratch, how on earth is that not a clear indication that it's something new, and not a rewrite of an existing IP? Wouldn't that conflict? How can you write something from the ground up, yet still be based on an old IP?

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    There's a point where arguiing that something isn't true because it wasn't said becomes ridiculous.
    /headdesk

And WHERE did I say it wasn't true?

I said people have been using a term to infer a meaning different from what was said. Said term has multiple meanings. I listed two of them. And people have been using the wrong one to form theories around.

It's a new IP. In the sense that it is brand new from the ground up.

But ''IP'' has more than one meaning, and people are forming theories based on the wrong ones.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    /headdesk

And WHERE did I say it wasn't true?

I said people have been using a term to infer a meaning different from what was said. Said term has multiple meanings. I listed two of them. And people have been using the wrong one to form theories around.

It's a new IP. In the sense that it is brand new from the ground up.

But ''IP'' has more than one meaning, and people are forming theories based on the wrong ones.
    I think when you cross the line of needing to write new lore and story from scratch it starts to resemble more of a new IP than an old one. Could they be spinning off a current or past franchise? Sure, but if they have to write substantial content from scratch I can't really consider it not a new IP. Just like you have mentioned, each expansion is legally separate IPs, then I'm not really sure where the confusion that this new project that has a codename, entirely new lore, story, etc, and we're not going to see anything regarding it until probably 2014 can't be considered a new IP. We already can assume it's going to be an entirely different game in the MMO genre, whether it takes place in an existing universe is another story that really can't be discussed much further than speculation. And I'm not really going to get angry if people are thinking it's going to be not a spin off or a new franchise, at least not to where I'm going to argue semantics on a third party forum about it either.

Just my 2c
    Last edited by Sephiracle; 2013-04-08 at 05:33 PM.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Gotta love the whole ''you mad bro?'' mentality people adobt. As if rage is a requirement for people to disagree with their glrious sensibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love the whole ''you mad bro?'' mentality people adobt. As if rage is a requirement for people to disagree with their glrious sensibilities.
    Only irritated or mad people get visibly upset to argue semantics. If that's not you then you're wasting a lot of energy trying to convince others of your opinion of what new IP means.
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Only irritated or mad people get visibly upset to argue semantics. If that's not you then you're wasting a lot of energy trying to convince others of your opinion of what new IP means.
    Visibly upset?

Do you somehow have access to the camera in my phone?

And is there a chart somewhere of topics you have to be angry to post about?

I think it's too early in the morning for me to deduce the logical fallacies you are employing here...
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2013-04-08 at 06:30 PM.

Knock it off. If you have something to discuss related to Titan, do so. If not, take it to PM's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sidneycrosby View Post
    I think this is an intentional leak of half-truths. Blizzard needs to get some buzz building about this game, and a good way to do it is to stage some "leaks"

They know they need some kind of buzz heading into Blizzcon this fall. I wouldn't be surprised to see several more "leaks" with conflicting info regarding the bigger aspects of the game.
    They kind of need to just because the MMO genre sort of already plateaued. SWTOR didn't meet expectations, Neverwinter looks fun, but we'll see the launch, and the other MMOs out there aren't really bringing in large numbers. WoW is falling off hard, and I'm sure those 'tired' of WoW could potentially be interested in knowing a bit more of what's out there in the future, even if it's not WoW oriented. There is quite a concern that the MMO genre doesn't really 'work' at this time with the increasing amount of successful F2P and casual games.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is falling off hard
    Do you have access to hidden information we don't have? I assume by 'falling off hard' you meant 'losing a lot of subscribers' because I can't imagine what else it would mean. And to that point, go back to the beginning of the paragraph.

Wow is certainly not 'falling off hard'. Until they are down to half their subscribers in a radically short period of time with no gains in any quarters, including expansion releases, please don't continue rumor mongering.
    BAD WOLF

It seems that Blizzard wants WoW to connect to Titan in some way. Which I don't want, but a lot of people would.
    I heard the rumor where you may be able to port your character in some way into Titan(which sounds ridiculous).

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    It seems that Blizzard wants WoW to connect to Titan in some way. Which I don't want, but a lot of people would.
    I heard the rumor where you may be able to port your character in some way into Titan(which sounds ridiculous).
    Ummm... Source?

Ummm... Source?
    "They're intending to include many Warcraft elements into Titan's world. Mostly Easter Eggs, but can also extend to entire characters being ported into the new game, one way or another."

http://titanfocus.info/

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    "They're intending to include many Warcraft elements into Titan's world. Mostly Easter Eggs, but can also extend to entire characters being ported into the new game, one way or another."

http://titanfocus.info/
    I took that to mean characters like Thrall or Illidan, not my warrior or druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Do you have access to hidden information we don't have? I assume by 'falling off hard' you meant 'losing a lot of subscribers' because I can't imagine what else it would mean. And to that point, go back to the beginning of the paragraph.

Wow is certainly not 'falling off hard'. Until they are down to half their subscribers in a radically short period of time with no gains in any quarters, including expansion releases, please don't continue rumor mongering.
    Hundreds of thousands of subscribers months after a new expansion and being only 500k(As of Feb) or so above pre expansion numbers is what I would consider falling off hard for a game of its stature. It may not fall in line with your 'half of subscribers', but for them to lose that many during an expansion is a bit concerning. It's just quite possible people are getting weary of the MMO genre, sub fees, or other variables that they can't account for. It's not necessarily a dig at WoW or Blizzard in general, it's just a harsh look at the numbers for a game that doesn't exactly have quick major content releases which usually boosted up subs for periods of time.

Remember, this is a game that did have over 12m subs right? I don't expect them to lose 6 million quickly, 400k is something that I would be concerned about.
    Last edited by Sephiracle; 2013-04-08 at 07:59 PM.

I took that to mean characters like Thrall or Illidan, not my warrior or druid.
    That makes sense. But I don't know what that meant. It could be anything. Like on Gamebreaker they were joking that your WoW character would be made into a pet.

Hundreds of thousands of subscribers months after a new expansion and being only 500k(As of Feb) or so above pre expansion numbers is what I would consider falling off hard for a game of its stature.
    I'm sure Blizzard is crying in their cereal every morning as they laugh at how they still have 10x the number of Western subscribers as the next highest subscription game. Their cereal is getting so soggy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I'm sure Blizzard is crying in their cereal every morning as they laugh at how they still have 10x the number of Western subscribers as the next highest subscription game. Their cereal is getting so soggy.
    I appreciate the sarcasm, but I'm sure investors look at those numbers with a bit more scrutiny than the average gamer on a third party site. I'm not saying WoW is closing up shop in a month or anything, but denying it's better days are behind it is a bit stupid for lack of a better term.

average gamer on a third party site.
    Would we have more clout on Blizzard's forums or do you just like saying this?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hundreds of thousands of subscribers months after a new expansion and being only 500k(As of Feb) or so above pre expansion numbers is what I would consider falling off hard for a game of its stature.
    So now you're not only redefining your own criteria by adding 'of its stature', but you're also stating that increasing sub numbers is what you consider 'falling off'?

I wish I could get my income to 'fall off' by your definition.

And look, this isn't from someone trying to defend them or the game, it's just not logical. I thought Mists was good, I love the series in general, but I'm currently unsubscribed. I've been taking lots of breaks since Mists launched, my longest for 2 months. I resub for big patches, play a little bit, and move back on. It's kinda how I play MMOs in general now.

So while I can safely assume they will continue to lose subscribers, maybe even by a large amount, to speak so drastically about something so common is a little absurd. Considering the amount of competition the game has now from completely free games or B2P MMOs, it says something that they have anywhere remotely near the same amount of subs they've had over the last 5 years.

It's a pretty amazing accomplishment really and nothing I could ever attribute to falling off.
    but denying it's better days are behind it is a bit stupid for lack of a better term.
    now you are trying a different argument. What's 'better days' precious? Are they financial? B/c I guarantee they probably make at least the same, if not more income from the game than they did previously. Is it sub numbers? Those are still ridiculously strong and far greater than anything else.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-04-08 at 08:36 PM.
    BAD WOLF