Page 13 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I can see the Y in the bird, but i see a V or a Y in the Stag too...
    If the stag spreads her front legs it forms an X with her head, while the bird forms an Y with the tail and wings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    So I haven't played a Pokemon game since Diamond and Pearl ... I want to pick up a 3DS XL and the newest Pokemon, do I need to play B&W 1 before 2? Or is it not a true sequel?
    You can play B/W2 without B/W1.

Deleted
    Whoooooooooooooooooooooooo new pokemon =d

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    Boooooo I was really hoping for a new Pokemon Stadium or Snap for WiiU ... Oh well, maybe if the 3D Version of the game is more popular then the normal stuff they might realise people love the full on 3D models, animations etc and might start considering a Stadium/Snap.
    Yeah I am really hoping that now they have 3D models for every Pokemon, they can easily make another Pokemon Snap.
    I sort of doubt it though, I think it has more of a cult following than real popularity, even though I loved it

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    No it would not be as simple as sticking them together because the games were made on different systems.
    They would have to update every art asset to match the latest game and then remake every map.
    And you still didn't address any of the other reasons that it would be an awful idea :U

It would take vastly longer than making a new game with none of the benefits of being a new game because it would be the same as playing games that we already own and would be a drawn-out and boring marathon as a single package.
    48 gym challenges.

They only add new Pokemon? Why is that a negative point?
    The Pokemon are the entire reason anyone is playing the game.

They already have pretty much everything redone already with what they did in pokemon black and white 2, they would only need to redo the maps and redo the encounters that were in the original, and negative point? hah

Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    They already have pretty much everything redone already with what they did in pokemon black and white 2, they would only need to redo the maps and redo the encounters that were in the original, and negative point? hah
    That's my point.
    Redoing the maps takes a huge amount of time, especially when we are talking about five games worth of maps.
    HG/SS weren't banged out in a month.

And I'm pretty sure they're not going to be making any more 2D pokemon games from this point on either anyway which means it would take even longer.

(Also nobody would still find gyms fun after doing 47)

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    If the stag spreads her front legs it forms an X with her head, while the bird forms an Y with the tail and wings.
    There's also a really clear X in the stag's eyes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    You probably think that because of nostalgia or the lack of uniqueness these days. But you can't go wrong with a classic, so playing Red is fine too.

Also, I wish there would be a Psychic/Electric type. My two favorite types in one Pokémon, yes pls.
    Nostalgia might play a big part in it, i did buy pearl for the ds a couple of years back and while that was enjoyable (ofc it was, it's pokemon) it didn't feel like anything new except for the graphics. I'm not really sure what i expect out of new pokemon games though but overall i just think that the ''3d graphics'' look kind of crappy. Game might be a lot of fun though but to me it just feels like i would pay 40euro for a gbc game with different graphics (say different because i don't necessarily think they are better)

Yeah I am really hoping that now they have 3D models for every Pokemon, they can easily make another Pokemon Snap.
    I sort of doubt it though, I think it has more of a cult following than real popularity, even though I loved it
    You're probably right, I think Stadium is a better investment then Snap... I enjoyed the hell out of Snap when I did a play recently, and I'd like to hope it's not all Nostalgia. Considering the; action, action, action and instant gratification nature of many young kids nowadays compared to even just when I was a child, Snap might not actually go down all that well, but I guess people will lap it up regardless, it's pokemon.

Still even though I'm disappointed by no WiiU announcement, this still looks very nice and imo is definitely a step towards bigger and better 3D Pokemon games/worlds, which could eventually get us what we want.

Deleted
    I hate to say it but...

It looks like you're still limited to moving in 4 directions, and the Pokemon battles look fairly traditional. I'mma wait for more details until I make any real decision.

Besides, isn't the 3DS relatively cheap? 75 euro last I checked, or it might've been the Vita that decreased in price significantly due to poor opening sales.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The 3DS should have had a price drop as there's a 3DS XL so shouldn't be too hard to pick a regular 3DS off eBay or other similar sites for cheap now. I know my Red regular 3DS will now get some time out of it's box again

You'd think they would at least have had something that let you stream it to the Wii U. As long as the bottom screen is only used for Menus then it should be fine with the pad.

10+ Year Old Account

For the Fire-type. Just sayin'.

Just watched the "first trailer" as serebii put it, and it showed the three starters fighting pokemon. I presume they wouldn't give them random moves, so I think I have an idea of what the 2 moves each starter used were:
    Fire - Flamethrower, and something purple. Looked like Imprison, but I'm not sure. Might be Psychic or Ghost type.
    Grass - SolarBeam, and perhaps Night Slash (dark type).
    Water - Water Gun, and some melee attack where it attacked from all directions.

So it might be Grass-Dark, Fire-Ghost/Psychic, and Water-Fighting, like some have guessed.

(Combat starts at ~ 0:50)
    Last edited by Auxis; 2013-01-08 at 04:45 PM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    There's also a really clear X in the stag's eyes.
    The Y on the boxart clearly shows the claws on the wings and tail, so you can only assume the top part of the X are the things on her head.

no it doesn't first few pages are have no idea what the news is and are speculating that it is mystery dungeon. After going through the first few pages i could not find anything about 3D pokemon or the video I posted so I created the Thread.

To find out the big news you should be able to find out on the front page or at least the first few pages you shouldn't have to read though 14 pages of arguing.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2013-01-08 at 04:43 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    I hope the grass-type looks cool. I've picked the grass option since I was a kid, and I'd like to keep my traditional choice going :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    no it doesn't first few pages are have no idea what the news is and are speculating that it is mystery dungeon. After going through the first few pages i could not find anything about 3D pokemon or the video I posted so I created the Thread.
    Page 8+, check it.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureDrake View Post
    I hope the grass-type looks cool. I've picked the grass option since I was a kid, and I'd like to keep my traditional choice going :P
    It was my least favourite when I first saw it but it is growing on me, going to depend on the evolutions to be honest.
    It's the first one which isn't a reptile/amphibian that I can remember so I don't know if that changes your mind at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Page 8+, check it.
    Once again to find out big news you shouldn't have to read through 8+pages of arguing. So I made a thread with the actual big news in the OP not more than halfway through the thread.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.