Page 92 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakwazu View Post
    I'm having a hard time with battles. I'm at the entrance of Victory Road and most of my Pokemon are only in their mid 50's. Is there a good way to level up?
    I think you are the only person i have ever seen who is having problems being under leveled.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had to go and level a Pokemon for the Elite Four because I didn't have a water killer, otherwise I was hilariously over leveled because of Exp Share.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I had to go and level a Pokemon for the Elite Four because I didn't have a water killer, otherwise I was hilariously over leveled because of Exp Share.
    Idd this. I switched like 3 pokemons before badge 5, and I still ended up being out-leveled making pokemon league and any remotely hard trainers way to easy.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    At the beginning of the game I noticed my Pokemon were hilariously out-leveling the trainers and gym leaders. Around the second or third badge I had a full group of level 40's.

I started collecting and leveling more Pokemon along the way. I ended up juggling 18 Pokemon. It was a blast! I had variety and choice in my team, which I believe made the game better since there's 700 Pokemon. And there was still a challenge to battles, but it was never overwhelming. I never had to grind, and the game felt perfectly paced. I was actually strategizing.

Then I hit the route before Victory Road and things got real :P

As of now, I've gone back and created a team that should cover my bases as far as type matching goes. I have to level a couple Pokemon a little bit, but it's been worth it. I have 18 level 50+ Pokemon by the end of the game, I feel like I experienced the game the way it was meant to be played, and I only ever had to grind a little less than 10 levels. EXP Share is a wonderful item if you use it the way I did.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I had known about Super Training when I started the game, I just ripped through the story and face rolled everything. So now I am redoing my whole team with level 1's that are Super Trained, then I will level them all up again, thankfully I have a Ditto to breed all my Pokemon with and it takes less then 5 minutes to get an egg. That is one thing I don't understand, I can literally run from the cave to Camphrier town and back to the Pokemon daycare and have an egg so sometimes I wind up with doubles, but at least it's trade bait.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I wish I had known about Super Training when I started the game, I just ripped through the story and face rolled everything. So now I am redoing my whole team with level 1's that are Super Trained, then I will level them all up again, thankfully I have a Ditto to breed all my Pokemon with and it takes less then 5 minutes to get an egg. That is one thing I don't understand, I can literally run from the cave to Camphrier town and back to the Pokemon daycare and have an egg so sometimes I wind up with doubles, but at least it's trade bait.
    You couldve just used a reset bag from the training to reset their IVs <_<

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    You couldve just used a reset bag from the training to reset their IVs <_<
    EV's

Also Id guess he made a new team to get good IV's/natures this time around, and maybe egg-moves?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Wakwazu View Post
    I'm having a hard time with battles. I'm at the entrance of Victory Road and most of my Pokemon are only in their mid 50's. Is there a good way to level up?
    You are not alone. I had the exact same problem. (And was around the exact same level)

Looking back, i think it was 3 main things that cause the problem for me.
    (1) I didn't use EXP share at all
    (2) I changed my entire team after the 2nd gym with freshly bred level 1's
    (3) I missed the entire ocean area leading up to the Spirit Den.

I just forced my way through victory road (which I'll admit took a lot of potions)
    When i got to the league, i went back victory road and fought wilds for about 2-3 levels each pokemon. It's a pain but it takes like an hour.

By then, my strongest pokemon had broken 60, though a few were still in their 50's.

At that point I just made a run at the elite 4. I managed to get 3 of them down, though i got wrecked by the steel guy.

Doing that leveled me up enough that the next run went fairly smoothly. It was still rough, and I got taken down to 2 pokemon left for all of the fights, but I managed to push my way through and win.

Good Luck! The game is a lot more fun that way.

I really wish the poke-radar was compatible in friend safari. Does anyone else agree?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has the "Bad Egg" glitch subsided? If you receive one can't you just turn your game off and load an old save?

Deleted
    Maybe the ghost girl will make a cameo in Pokemon Z. Not necessarily an important one, but maybe someone will tell you something about her life or something or why she was in the building.

anyone have any vivillion in their safari? hard time ctaching those bugs...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by granie View Post
    Just evolve one.

After almost completing X, i gotta say, kinda underwhelmed. It was just so easy. Yes i could have not used my ExP Share, but still it felt all to easy. Too few pokemons on trainers and most of the gyms didn't have a "pre-quest" like the previous games.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most difficult E4s I've done so far have been Jhoto, Shinnoh and Hoenn. I think they should have 6 Pokemon on them. Makes the fights more difficult the more they have.

I'll be trying a X play through without using XP Share.

On another note, it seems Mega Blaziken will be limited to the Uber teirs.

Friend Code: 3781 - 0048 - 9706
    Ingame name: Calem
    Friend Safari: Ice (Snorunt, Bergmite, Lapras)

Battle Videos!
    Aegislash Fun Times: LHJG - WWWW - WWW2 - HVET
    More Aegislash Fun: XTSG - WWWW - WWW2 - J66X
    Some kid who challenged Me: ZQEG - WWWW - WWW2 - TSJ6
    Same kid, but double battle: R54W - WWWW - WWW2 - TSYV

15+ Year Old Account
    is it just me or is Fennekin and his evolutions incredibly strong (I think he might be arguably the strongest starter the game has, offensively).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    is it just me or is Fennekin and his evolutions incredibly strong (I think he might be arguably the strongest starter the game has, offensively).
    I keep reading the frog with its hidden ability is overpowered as hell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I keep reading the frog with its hidden ability is overpowered as hell.
    okay i was thinking more from a standard standpoint. ie no hidden abilities or anything like that. just seems like Fennekin with his combo psychic/fire and absurdly high special attack destroys stuff.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by granie View Post
    lol wut? Bug Pokemon have always been the easiest to level, they are just squishy as hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    okay i was thinking more from a standard standpoint. ie no hidden abilities or anything like that. just seems like Fennekin with his combo psychic/fire and absurdly high special attack destroys stuff.
    Psychic and Fire moves are some of the most powerful in the game. At level 75 mine knows Future Sight, Blast Burn, Fire Blast and Light Screen. Blast Burn kills pretty much anything at or near it's level in one shot whether or not it's super effective.