elf lands but after?
    I know high elf lovers think it is the homeland full of high elves and
    Bieber posters. Developmentally its unused unfinished land leftover
    from their vanilla plans to make Quel'Thalas. Yet why didn't they
    remove it in cata ? Well like how many licks it takes to get to center
    of a Tootsie Roll pop, "The World May Never Know"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Previously confused with Northeron, that area will be vital in the future: that area is Greenwood, last refuge of the Quel'dorei.

Mysteriously some High Elves have disappeared at the end of the expansion of Wrath of the Lich King. They have migrated, but where?

If we combine this fact with that all the resources of the Silver Covenant (mounts, ships, war machines, etc.) do nothing but increase, and obviously, they have had to come from somewhere... it seems that the High Elves have at least a stronghold somewhere in Azeroth, with stables, shipyards, cities, etc., not being unreasonable to think that that hidden area, the last reserve of the High Elves of the Alliance, can be Greenwood.

Greenwood is an area not yet available in World of Warcraft but that we visited slightly in Warcraft 3. This area comes to be a natural sanctuary in every sense: barely tainted by the Scourge and the Burning Legion, aside from the progress of the Sylvanas' Forsaken and the adhesion attempts from the Blood Elves and well protected by its magnificent natural barriers.

Located in the northern part of the Plaguelands, right on the border between Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas is the home of the last High Elves of Azeroth. Characterized by its thick green forests, its steep and snowy mountains, its rivers and clear lakes, its fresh climate and especially the abundant mystical energy that pervades the place in every corner, in every millennial building and even in each of the unicorns that still gallop freely through its fields.

Ironically Greenwood has always been among the realms of the humans and the elves, in every way, hence its distinctive culture, where elves and humans intermingle in harmony. However, in recent times, after the events triggered by the Cataclysm that struck Azeroth, the High Elves have gone into action. The Silver Covenant was the example to follow; the Quel'dorei cannot remain indifferent and oblivious to the outside world events: they must organize and choose their position for the impending challenges ahead.

Will they remain true to their roots and customs and stay on the side of the Alliance as before? Or maybe will they forget the quarrels and reintegrate with the Blood Elves and join the Horde? Golden Phoenix or Silver Unicorn? That is the question...

Both for the one as for the other, a surname resound from afar: Windrunner. The return of Alleria will make the High Elves rethink many things... and the Blood Elves too...

Glory to the Quel'dorei! The banner of the silver unicorn will wave again! For the Alliance!
    Well written!
    I've also proposed High Elves as one of the next playable races in another thread, as they are one of my favorite Alliance allied race since WarCraft II + III and I grow tired of these furred races.

Time for a beautiful and classic playable Alliance race again after those Worgen and kiddie Panda females. Their males are o.k. and I like the Panda style of life, but their females gnaaah.

I also think the 'return' (or re-appearing if they are really on Argus) of Alleria and Turalyon would be a perfect introducing to the High Elves.

Go on Blizzard :-)
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Glory to the Quel'dorei! The banner of the silver unicorn will wave again! For the Alliance!
    The High Elf banner is exactly the same as the Blood Elf one but with blue background instead of red. There's no unicorn one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    You can label it as you like, it still will not make it invalid.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Quel%27Thalas
    Quel'Thalas is in game already, so yes, invalidated...

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    The High Elf banner is exactly the same as the Blood Elf one but with blue background instead of red. There's no unicorn one.
    You've never played wc2 have you?

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 08:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Slakkers View Post
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Quel%27Thalas
    Quel'Thalas is in game already, so yes, invalidated...
    Quelthalas is huge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lot's of fanfiction in this thread. While I too would like more High Elf interaction for the Alliance (playable race I aint too sure of), please stop dilluting the canon lore with your fanfiction, presented as fact. You wouldn't want to confuse people, now would you?

Would you?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

During cata PTR ( 4.0 or 4.1 if im right ) I was able to enter the area by going around the wall somehow. The wall is invisible so cant explain ^^ The zone is quite empty and unfinished. I saw some weird sort of lakes with had 1 of the sides end straight off, no coastline. They were very deep and sharp bottom. Weird ^^