Poll: Would you?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I haven't lost someone very close to me(except all grandparents) so I answered no... However, you can't answer to this question based on logical thinking, there is person I would save, whatever consequences there are.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I think I would save michal jordan's life. That guy was just such a great singer
    Oooh god, this is signature worthy.

But no, I wouldn't, there'd be too much hassle in breaking everything.
    Last edited by Sicarus; 2013-01-07 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    So wait, you would stop him from committing suicide is what I understand?
    Yes. That is precisely what I'm saying. He should probably be hanging on Israel's lawn as a warning to all the other anti-semites.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 01:27 AM ----------

I think I would save michal jordan's life. That guy was just such a great singer
    Everyone always talks about his singing. No one ever mentions his storied acting or baseball careers.

Well, I would like to go back and save George Carlin but not much you can do about death by old age.

It may also have been incredibly beneficial had Srinivasa Ramanujan not died so damned early.

The man developed mathematical principles we've only just managed to understand now... 100 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Yes. That is precisely what I'm saying. He should probably be hanging on Israel's lawn as a warning to all the other anti-semites.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 01:27 AM ----------

Everyone always talks about his singing. No one ever mentions his storied acting or baseball careers.
    I would have saved Blondi (the dog). Damn critter deserved better!

I'd stand in the book depository in Dallas Texas the day JFK was murdered, if I could stop it I would.

Deleted
    I would easily have done it to save a friend..

I voted no. After reading 11/23/63 I know how hard it is to change the past and what could happen when you do.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 06:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buttfear View Post
    I'd stand in the book depository in Dallas Texas the day JFK was murdered, if I could stop it I would.
    Go read 11/23/63 by Stephen King, you might change your mind.
    Last edited by Brash; 2013-01-07 at 02:55 AM.

No the risk would be too great, I could lose someone even closer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I feel as if this is a bit of an impossibility. Of course I would try, but like that movie with the time traveling guy (it's old and I can't remember the name to save my life) where he keeps trying to save his wife, but she keeps dying every time, even if he saved her form the first event, I think that it would be impossible to save someone.
    The reason for that was his wife's death was the reason he built the time machine. If she hadn't died, he would never have made the time machine, so he wouldnt be able to go back in time and save her from dying. Time Traveller's paradox.

It comes up in a episode of the big bag theory as well. Leonard buy the time machine movie prop and looses penny as a friend as a result. he later sits in the time machine prop with the date set to the say he bought the time machine. Sheldon tells him it is impossible because if he never bought the time machine, he wouldnt be able to use it to go back and stop himself from buying it. or something to that effect.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Yep, no doubt about it, I'd do it dozens of times without a care for the consequences, because there is just no good way to predict them. I might make things worse, but things aren't exactly great right now, I could very well make them better too. But not taking action because there might be risks of making things worse is something I just couldn't do. I'd save friends who died pointlessly, I'd save people who I think had a lot more to offer the world still. I mean, there are days I wonder that if the paramedics who let Jimi Hendrix die had been remotely competent at their jobs if we would have to deal with Justin Beiber today, or how about Kurt Cobain, would crappy pop music rule the charts? Or to see Bruce Lee jokes in trade chat instead of Chuck Norrisisms? But yeah, seriously, no risk no reward. I'd do it in a heartbeat, and if I made things worse, than I did, but I don't think I believe in fate, and I don't think anyone was "meant" to die. We make the world what it is, and not having the courage to try and change it for the better sounds a lot like giving up to me.

wow, i'm on the internet, and no one has saved Tesla yet?

i am disappoint, internet, i am disappoint.

I'd go back and save JFK's life. Only person I feel I can save that may be worth putting my own life on the line, and benefit others.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is not my place to tinker with time. No.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Michael Jordan is dead? And he could sing?

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Michael Jordan is dead? And he could sing?
    woosh /10char

Deleted
    Someone said he wished he could have given 10 years of his life to Mozart, so that he could have composed more of his divine music.

But yeah... I guess most people here are aware of this thing known as "temporal paradox". If you go back in time to save someone's life, then he/she wouldn't die and your future self would never need to go back in time... and then what?

In any case tampering with the past could have unpredicted effects to the future. Go back one billion years, accidentally step on a bug... and you also kill the bug's all possible descendants, possibly destroying the entire evolutionary process that would lead to humans etc...
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2013-01-07 at 07:21 AM.

Deleted
    I'd go back in time and kill Jesus, saving thousands of lives in the process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oskz View Post
    I'd go back in time and kill Jesus, saving thousands of lives in the process.
    More like millions. Then again, some other cult would have taken hold instead most likely.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.