Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    The only thing that seems weird to me is that he has to eat souls to gain mr/armor. Nor sure if I'm reading that wrong, but if you have a really slow game he's going to be soooooo fragile when it comes to the mid and late game.

I'm gonna have to pbe it up later and see what that is about.
    I thought that was a plus, I mean he gains mr/armor normally but....if there are lot of kills then he is stronger.

souls drop from minions and champions that die near him. he can literally sit in lane for 30 minutes and pick them up and get 150 mr/armor/ap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    The only thing that seems weird to me is that he has to eat souls to gain mr/armor. Nor sure if I'm reading that wrong, but if you have a really slow game he's going to be soooooo fragile when it comes to the mid and late game.
    And I just remembered, since he doesn't get any MR/armor when he levels up, how the fuck is he going to be as good as I thought on Dominion?

Forcing him to go bot like Nasus would be so fucking bad, even so.. Ugh, I'm not liking this.

Or, they could put the health things with soul shards too, I think that wouldn't be bad but I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    btw I guess i'm one of the few here who actually play often Nautilus
    I play support Naut with an AD Kennen at times. It's an amusing kill lane

I think I will pick this guy up. He looks awesome
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    And I just remembered, since he doesn't get any MR/armor when he levels up, how the fuck is he going to be as good as I thought on Dominion?

Forcing him to go bot like Nasus would be so fucking bad, even so.. Ugh, I'm not liking this.

Or, they could put the health things with soul shards too, I think that wouldn't be bad but I have no idea.
    Considering how much more often people die in Dominion, I don't think he'll be lacking in terms of souls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Considering how much more often people die in Dominion, I don't think he'll be lacking in terms of souls.
    Well, I don't know if souls stay in there for ever, so I don't know how effective it'd be, but I think it'd be stupid if you had to go around the entire map to gather souls lol.

A feature that would suck in Dominion I believe, but meh, game isn't centered/focused on Dominion so I guess I won't expect much from this champion on Domi, atleast when it comes to being tanky, who knows.

Maybe it will be good since it will give a lot of armor/mr, I have no idea.

Deleted
    I'll ban him all the time. Why?
    Scenario A : He's in my team , he will be useless and feed.
    Scenario B : He's in enemy team , he will be the most annoying thing to face ever.

I don't like him. He seems like an avalanche of similar ideas in one champion. Ouch.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    looks cool, im always interested in trying new junglers out so this looks promising. ive kinda been turned onto the support role as well so this could be right up my alley.

Deleted
    Actually his pull is more like Amumu's than Leona's. It collides with the first unit it hits even if it's a minion or a champion.
    I really like his toolkit. Apparently he'll be able to peel really good for the ADC and APC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    Actually his pull is more like Amumu's than Leona's. It collides with the first unit it hits even if it's a minion or a champion.
    I really like his toolkit. Apparently he'll be able to peel really good for the ADC and APC
    It doesn't stun though, which is why I related it to Leona. I guess you are right that it is more like Amumu's in that regard though.

10+ Year Old Account
    So pretty much a support as a mix between Hecarim and Karthus.

Op.

I can see him being perma-banned. I mean could you see him with a strong pusher/poker? With his lanter's teleport, you'll see people tower diving at level 2. Throw lantern while ally dives, teleport away with a shield to absorb some tower damage.

Quote Originally Posted by galluk View Post
    I can see him being perma-banned. I mean could you see him with a strong pusher/poker? With his lanter's teleport, you'll see people tower diving at level 2. Throw lantern while ally dives, teleport away with a shield to absorb some tower damage.
    i think that's the case of 'easier said than done.' we would have to see how he handles on live servers before making that assumption. in theory, yes that would work, but you need to account for the enemy bot lane composition as well and how they counter thresh's mechanics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    i think that's the case of 'easier said than done.' we would have to see how he handles on live servers before making that assumption. in theory, yes that would work, but you need to account for the enemy bot lane composition as well and how they counter thresh's mechanics
    That's always the case, but this is a completely new option nonetheless, and a very promising one at that.

Is he a support? Either way instant buy for me. He is the reaper that I hoped Hecarim was gonna be when I first saw him. Freaking awesome dying animation.

Playing him on the PBE. OMG I love this champion. I love that his Lantern when thrown becomes a ward too until it returns.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2013-01-09 at 05:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Is he a support? Either way instant buy for me. He is the reaper that I hoped Hecarim was gonna be when I first saw him. Freaking awesome dying animation.

Playing him on the PBE. OMG I love this champion. I love that his Lantern when thrown becomes a ward too until it returns.
    Can you please shad some light about his passive? How close he must be to absorb the souls? Does he need to be on melee range? Does it charge up quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    Can you please shad some light about his passive? How close he must be to absorb the souls? Does he need to be on melee range? Does it charge up quickly?
    He needs to be about half way between ranged and melee. Generally. It's build speed depends. I was at 100 souls by 30 mins. But another game I was at around 60 by 30.

Sucks, I really like this champ but I decided to quit LoL tonight.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2013-01-09 at 08:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I played him on the PBE. Here are my thoughts:
    He doesn't seem to be a great mid mage. Probably impossible to play on mid, if you ask me. His Q isn't like Blitz's, it doesn't pull the target ON you, it pulls the target TO you. That means if the target is VERY far away and you got him just in time before he went out of Q's range, you will pull him towards you but won't even have range to hit him/her with your E cause he want be close enough, not even talking about his ulti (which is about the size of the tri-bush).

Although, I could see him helping a LOT with ganks, imagine throwing down your W on the bush, jungler clicks it and he insta teleports to you. That's okay I guess but still, his harass is terrible compared to ANY other mid character and I don't think the gank would be successful since the enemy would be at full health.

Also, since none mentioned it, his W also picks up nearby souls which means that if you tower dived someone and you killed him you can just throw your lantern to pick his soul up.

Lastly, everything he does is SUPER slow. His Q animation is slow, his W is slow, and his E is slow, his movement speed is low and he's generally slow.

All in all, I think to me he's only viable as a support character and I generally didn't like him a lot.

Edit: Some stuff I forgot to mention: His passive starts at 1.0 per soul and goes down to 0.5 per soul as you pickup souls at the end. It goes as low as 0.5, and stops there (doesn't get lower than that). I'm guessing in insanely big games you'd see an insanely buffy Thresh. THAT is if you do not die and stay in lane a lot, which is kinda stupid if you ask me.
    Last edited by Vordie; 2013-01-09 at 08:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    He needs to be about half way between ranged and melee. Generally. It's build speed depends. I was at 100 souls by 30 mins. But another game I was at around 60 by 30.

Sucks, I really like this champ but I decided to quit LoL tonight.
    Thanks for your quick reply! What happened and you decided to quit?
    Last edited by mmoc1ae3a36840; 2013-01-09 at 08:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Souls will have a higher drop rate in Dominion. That should be onto PBE in a couple of days.

CertainlyTruedamage clearing that one up.