10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Talking about the game's composition from within the game using outside knowledge. Breaks the illusion of a Town of 30 talking with each other not knowing what everyone else does when the sun sets.

It's like your D&D character going "well, the composition of the enemy is likely to be lots of minions and a boss, because that's how I've seen them in other campaigns on other characters". Something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Using knowledge from outside the game.
    Ah, but wouldn't that put others at a disadvantage as new(er) players wouldn't know about such things, but experienced/better players would? I mean, it's not like people can just forget things, plus, there's always the possibility that Greeney does things much differently and there is a twist that throws the metachat theories out of whack.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Ah, but wouldn't that put others at a disadvantage as new(er) players wouldn't know about such things, but experienced/better players would? I mean, it's not like people can just forget things, plus, there's always the possibility that Greeney does things much differently and there is a twist that throws the metachat theories out of whack.
    Generally newer players will always be at a disadvantage as experienced players have a stronger idea of how to play the game. Additionally, nothing being done is really going to amount to more than guesswork based on compositions other moderators made, so I don't see a huge issue with it.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Posting in Fun Stuff doesn't increase you post count, you need to post outside of this forum to get a higher count.
    Okay thanks Majad.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Generally newer players will always be at a disadvantage as experienced players have a stronger idea of how to play the game. Additionally, nothing being done is really going to amount to more than guesswork based on compositions other moderators made, so I don't see a huge issue with it.
    inb4 29 scum and Lysah comp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Well of course, but I would think metachat would diminish the gap a little. Regardless though, if you had decided that type of chatter was not allowed, I would have respected that decision.

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    inb4 29 scum and Lysah comp
    Nah, I'm sure it is more than likely to be 29 town and Lysah comp. So.... have fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    Nah, I'm sure it is more than likely to be 29 town and Lysah comp. So.... have fun!
    In before Lysah wins.

Something.

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    when's night?
    When 1 player has 16 votes at the earliest, when it's Sunday at the middlemost, Tuesday at the absolute latest.
    Yes days are longer than you'll be used to, but I'm told there are a lot more players than usual as well.

In before Lysah wins.
    At least I'd win somewhere. I wish anyone on this forum played Planetside 2, the endless tears of ground players is so hard to combat as a pilot. How can you explain to them that one burster MAX can already handle 6-10 ESFs by himself, let alone if you get 10 of them together, when all they're going to do is keep crying about AA needing buffs? People think WoW complaining is bad, they clearly don't look at other forums. The extreme amount of "I'm really bad so no one else should be allowed to be better" arguments is just....

10+ Year Old Account
    At least I'd win somewhere. I wish anyone on this forum played Planetside 2, the endless tears of ground players is so hard to combat as a pilot. How can you explain to them that one burster MAX can already handle 6-10 ESFs by himself, let alone if you get 10 of them together, when all they're going to do is keep crying about AA needing buffs? People think WoW complaining is bad, they clearly don't look at other forums. The extreme amount of "I'm really bad so no one else should be allowed to be better" arguments is just....
    Yeah, that's a pretty horrible argument, though there should still be resources available to everyone (I can't think of anything that does not have resources to improve in something) so they can improve. Also, I have no idea what the rest of your post means besides that it's something about Planetside 2 (also, I do believe a few people in PvM play Planetside 2).

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least I'd win somewhere. I wish anyone on this forum played Planetside 2
    I downloaded it and played for about 5 minutes before I realized that there was no way I could enjoy it. My computer is 2 years old, and I had to turn the settings down to low just to get a reasonable FPS.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

Deleted
    I just saw that one of our players, Roose, got banned and he's staying banned for one week, so, ahm, yeah, it's most likely that he won't be playing at all... :/

Just a heads up for Greeney.

We have two replacements.

vote roose

Ill unvote if you tell me to, roose.

Home from work. And in before our replacements fail to show / get banned too.

On topic, where do I post my night actions? I didnt get any link for the thread and I dont really want to read all of the first post
    This strikes me as a comment to keep in mind.
    A town power role wouldn't need to ask this, even from our previous games, as those have always been handled through PM'ing the mod.

I could talk in circles about the possibilities, but it would all be conjecture at this point. But I do feel this comment narrows down the possibilities of what role this person has.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit. I go to sleep and come back to 11 more pages >.>

Don't think I can catch up just now, heading to dinner with the gf (for those of you who don't know me and think its weird I just woke up and am about to eat dinner, I just finished my set of 12 hour night shifts, and I'll be switching to days on Friday woohoo!!!)
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Oh Kel . To vote, or not to vote, that's the question!

Deleted
    I agree, though at the same time, it could be really awful to end up lynching someone important to the town (i.e. a cop or a doc) as some people (Worge the Doc comes to mind here) have a tendency to look somewhat scummy regardless of their role. However, for us, in the games I've played, we've always just ended up lynching someone based on post count if we have no real reason to believe anyone to be scum besides post count (especially uncharacteristic post counts).
    Lynch on post count? It'll be interesting to see how you judge count on these forums given the fact that on Day 1 we've hit 14 pages worth of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Because the Riddler's favorite color is green, the mod's name is Greeney, and he posted a riddle

We don't normally have CC's... people are generally left on their own on that front (if they want).
    There is also potential for the riddler to be a player with a day-action - the more correct answers, the more powerful the night action (kill or otherwise...) sort of a triggered JOAT, which is why I asked whether you had reason to believe that the riddler is greeney... :/ thinking out loud..

No CCs... okay - adjusting to new boards is difficult...

when's night?

Deleted
    how come all of my posts have to be moderated?