Thread: pvp druid

pvp druid

im not sure if my druid is just horrible for pvp or its just me. but my resil is 3900 and i do have a crappy weapon with like 2,900 damage. but i thought that wouldnt matter since i just attack with my paws. is my resil really low or what? im not sure?

Deleted
    yep it will start getting better after 7-8k resi and weapons do matter even if you attack with paws you should get the malevolent weapon asap since that's the biggest upgrade considering the 4k pvp power and increase in dmg and stats altogether.

unless something drastically changes, weapon dmg is the BEST thing to look at it directly corilates with your DPS. But more res like said above me about 7k it gets better, but get a new weapon lol GL

pvp weapon adds an insane amount of damage.

pvp gear in general is very powerful, so you will feel quite weak until you get decently geared

Feral druids are amazing right now and are all-around significantly better than every other melee except possibly warriors. Gear is a big requirement in pvp though. Without it, you'll die easily and won't do a lot of damage. Most players in battlegrounds aren't fully geared, but there are always a few with enough gear to completely outclass new characters.

Weapons are very important for every single spec, so an upgrade in that slot should show a respectable damage increase. A great deal of your damage actually comes from the pvp power you'll accumulate as you fill out your gear set, but the weapon has a huge allocation of that stat anyway (t1 malev weapon has ~18% worth of pvp power). Your resilience is definitely low too. As a reference, my druid has 9300, but in terms of typical battlegrounds players it takes half the enemy team to kill me. You kind of have to tough it out until you're geared, but once you've done it you can stay up-to-date with much less frustration for the rest of the expansion.

Ferals scale huge with weapon damage their modifiers are awesome. Once you get the malevolent spear you will rip people a new one easily. You also get a big amount of pvp power from the weapons. Yes you use paws but Ferals attacks are based on weapon damage % so you want the best weapon damage you can get and for pvp it's the same but also going for pvp power.
    Last edited by pkm; 2013-01-09 at 04:10 PM.